Aloyzo's Arsenal Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Card Hunter General Chat' started by Flaxative, Jul 29, 2015.

1. Well to be fair competitive play is mostly cards that have super duper amazing itemization like Burst spells, Vamp attacks, Nimbus, Heals, etc. Most of the cards in the game have no where near the itemization as those things.
    To be fair lots of cool cards ( and ideas ) in CH, aren't itemized good enough to be considered competitive and hopefully the new expansion fixes that issue. You can get 13 ember bursts ( 2 staves and an arcane item ) on a character, but at best can only 4 acid jets on a character. Off the top of my head I think you can get 6 brutal charges on a character. ( 3 AA weapons & 3 Boots )

2. So, about this mid-October target...

3. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

I believe I mentioned earlier in this thread that we are pushing it back in order to get one release, before Halloween, that includes the expansion. :)

4. Fair enough, I didn't go back through the thread much because 80 pages. I basically started reading around the video post, and was looking for a post after that which mentioned it.
    Is before October as accurate as we're getting for now? Not that I'm complaining mind, I'm just really eager to play the expansion.

Flaxative likes this.
  5. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

Yeah. Basically, I'm trying to put together a new version of CH today that'll incorporate the expansion, the Halloween content, and the next AA/MM... and if everything goes well, we'll get it up on test this week, hopefully releasing early next. Can't guarantee though.

wereviper likes this.
  6. wereviper

wereviper Ogre

Yes I believe you mentioned that though at the moment I can't seem to track down that perticular post.

7. Alright, thank you for the update.

8. timeracers

timeracers Guild Leader

Actually you said "up to 3".

9. j3st3ri

j3st3ri Thaumaturge

It's weird how ineptly many members here only checks the first post, but not the last :rolleyes:

10. timeracers

timeracers Guild Leader

That post you mentioned wasn't concrete ("likely" was used). So I would not consider that a clarification of them taking the top two.

11. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

I don't see the issue, sorry. I announced the most likely outcome, and now I've announced the final outcome which matches that most likely scenario.

There will be over 250 new items in the next patch. :)

timeracers likes this.
  12. Maniafig

Maniafig Thaumaturge

Taking up to 3 items isn't synonymous with taking the top 3 items. Given that several commenters voiced concerns over Nimble Nibbler and its impact on MP balance I think it makes sense that Flaxative chose the caution solution to only pick the top two choices given AA winners should not require balance testing if they get chosen.

gulo gulo, Flaxative and cycosurgeon like this.
  13. Boing! If I can get more than 4 acid jets on my acid mage, me and my wallet will be very happy! *wink wink hint hint*

Flaxative and wereviper like this.
  14. wereviper

wereviper Ogre

*hint hint wink wink nudge nudge* ;) lol

15. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

There will be so many acid jets.

cycosurgeon, DunDunDun and wereviper like this.
  16. wereviper

wereviper Ogre

Seriously though...IMO I believe Acid mages will become viable, step warriors are going to be epic and vamp priests are getting a very nice boost

17. wereviper

wereviper Ogre

Clean up! Aisle 5! Mage dumping acid all over!

SceoMyntan and Flaxative like this.
  18. Aerendhil

Aerendhil Ogre

You should have told that to republicans ages ago ... #TRUMP"the_devil"2016 :)
    sorry for bringing RL in our fantastic fairy land.

19. DunDunDun

DunDunDun Thaumaturge

I just hope to get my hands on a Shroom mage skin at some point, so I can do shrooms when I do acid. :cool:
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 20, 2016
    wereviper and Reint like this.
  20. wereviper

wereviper Ogre

You mean this whole time I've been seeing dwarfs and elfs without them? :confused: I seriously need to quit taking Card Hunter :p