Aloyzo's Arsenal Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Card Hunter General Chat' started by Flaxative, Jul 29, 2015.

1. j3st3ri

j3st3ri Thaumaturge

Soon it starts to seem that weeks is the proper term instead of days.

2. DunDunDun

DunDunDun Thaumaturge

What's that you say? You're so weak from denied anticipation that you're in a daze?
    Ah, yes. Truly the effects one must endure when waiting upon the attentions of such a proficient tease as our Flaxative.
    #ThisIsHowYouKnowItIsWorking #ItWillNotStopUntilThereIsTears #FlaxsThirstInducingTrial

3. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

Thanks for reminding me to update yall.

Basically, our Castle Mitternacht playtest is going swimmingly and there's a chance we could push it out before Halloween, in which case we would package all the AA, MM, etc stuff in together. So we're prioritizing that.

4. Pretty awesome stuff. I didn't want to look because i didn't want to spoil stuff for me, but I had to check one thing.

You have data for my excitement for the new expansion but also at the same time my long endless sorrow! ;P

Ember Burst = 34
    Fire ball = 6
    Arcane burst = 11
    firestorm = 42

Acid Jet = 20 (13 listed in wiki so 7 new ones finally! But still pretty badly out numbered compared to burst spammers. Even with the new ones added there are still more Flame jets. ) Hopefully itemization of them is better than 1 acid jet per 1 gold token like it is now.

5. j3st3ri

j3st3ri Thaumaturge

Are you going to announce the winners or not? Do we have to find them out by ourselves from the halloween store?

Aerendhil and timeracers like this.
  6. DunDunDun

DunDunDun Thaumaturge

The holiday updates always get some sort of announcement before their launch [Ex, Ex.]
    Flax just indicated that they're trying to combine the various updates into a single release, and ergo, into a single announcement.

In other words, they're trying to make one big announcement, rather than overshadowing one with the other.
    We'll fairly assuredly get the details for Aloyzo as part of the Halloween announcement (which may also end up being an expansion announcement).

Last edited: Oct 17, 2016
  7. j3st3ri

j3st3ri Thaumaturge

I see no reason why Flax shouldn't announce the winners already; Aloyzo's Arsenal #13 winners were announced ages ago and those items will appear (AFAIK) in the game at the same time.

8. DunDunDun

DunDunDun Thaumaturge

For the purpose of building up anticipation?
    Because he's being too distracted by working on the release to dedicate his time to pushing something he'll eventually approach anyway?
    Gnomes?

On my end, I see no reason why we should gripe over having to wait an extra week or so. :p
    Let me keep holding on to the hope that I'll get picked a little longer.. :oops:

Also, as I recall, AA13 got delayed, rather than intentionally being pushed back.

9. Aerendhil

Aerendhil Ogre

I'd like to know too.

10. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

Actually it was because I hadn't made the item icons yet. :p

I'll probably announce the winners today or tomorrow. Depending on what Jon has on his plate, my hope is to get a new build up on test this week that has the final iteration on the Mitternacht content + all the Halloween stuff. Fingers crossed.

11. BlackVoidDeath

BlackVoidDeath Guild Leader

[​IMG]

seth arue and Flaxative like this.
  12. seth arue

seth arue Thaumaturge

Always beware the Gnomes...

DunDunDun likes this.
  13. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

Here we go.

Here's the video:

If you don't like watching videos, or you just want to see the winning items right away, here they are. The following five items will all be added to the special Halloween shop.

Note: some levels/rarities might not make sense to folks who understand our formulas. Don't worry. Some of the monster cards used in these items will change rarity and/or quality at the same time as we release these items (this is not reflected in the card images below unfortunately).

seth arue - Reinforced Doorf [​IMG]

Level 15 Common Dwarf Skill ([​IMG])

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Voltaumento - Forsaken Earrings [​IMG]
    Level 12 Rare Divine Item ([​IMG])

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

KoboldButter - Robes of Geomancy [​IMG]
    Level 9 Rare Robes ([​IMG])

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Inkfingers - Trog-forged Junkplate [​IMG]
    Level 9 Rare Heavy Armor ([​IMG])

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

haesslicherBob - Guztuk's Giant Cutter [​IMG]
    Level 15 Epic Weapon ([​IMG][​IMG])

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

And, in case anyone missed it, the Aloyzo's Arsenal 13 winners will be guaranteed rewards for Mauve Manticore 20. Check them out below:

(AA13) hwango - 3-Stage Rocket Boots [​IMG]
    Level 18 Epic Boots ([​IMG])

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

(AA13) Maniafig - Vanity Mirror [​IMG]
    Level 21 Uncommon Shield ([​IMG])

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 17, 2016
    Balor, visak13, Maniafig and 11 others like this.
  14. Pawndawan

Pawndawan Champion of Cardhuntria

Grats on the winners! Thanks for the video and giving the giving the left channel much needed love. :p

(also, RIP Stoutness)

15. hello world

hello world Hydra

Mazzaram's mighty mattock might also get replaced vs. Gnomes, too bad the clumsy chops make the giant cutter a little risky for mowing down monkeys...

Last edited: Oct 18, 2016
  16. mikey76500

mikey76500 Hydra

Oh, great. Boots that any character can wear that can do 25 damage all by themselves. IN THE SAME ROUND, NO LESS! Now, I KNOW to stay away from MP [altogether] the NANOSECOND this monstrosity is released. -_-

17. timeracers

timeracers Guild Leader

These boots can do 30 total damage, but even if you get all 30 damage 3 powerful bludgeons will do more(33 damage, same total rating). Also lining up the charges is going to be hard especially if you are trying to use multiple in the same round. They are also easily avoided. There are already boots that do 30 damage (hint 3 brutal charges) but no one uses them.
    EDIT: But don't simply assume I am correct. Try it out on the test server, if they are that powerful then they will prove themselves.

18. Pyrious

Pyrious Hydra

What about Bloome's Barging Boots that already existed at 23 damage, or 27 with blind rage? Or even worse! Boots Of Etzicatl which has 30 damage and only costs a minor token?

Not to mention the imaginary scenario you're complaining about requires a character to have all three charges in hand in the same turn, plus enough extra movement to get into a linear range 6 from the enemy without them moving away and without difficult terrain or zone of control blocking the way.

It's really not anywhere near as bad as you're making it out to be.

Last edited: Oct 18, 2016
    trrst, Maniafig and Lucky Dice like this.
  19. tolkien

tolkien Thaumaturge

The items look great!
    Hmmmn. What to make of the teaser that they're keeping cowardly attack for a rogue class?!
    Chief Thief Knief!

20. j3st3ri

j3st3ri Thaumaturge

I was hoping I'd be mentioned, since I felt my design themewise was extra strong:
    1. Item's name includes the monster and is rather spooky and fitting for halloween.
    2. All the six cards are in monsters arsenal, but only one of them is new to the item slot.
    Perhaps it was too obvious and not silly enough for Flax?

Anyways, congrats to the winners; couple of the items seem extra cool :cool: