Aloyzo's Arsenal Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Card Hunter General Chat' started by Flaxative, Jul 29, 2015.

1. Uncommon staff? So boring :p

2. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

Rude. :p

3. gulo gulo

gulo gulo Guild Leader

Everyone is going to assume their item was B. Haha.

As a professor, I think it's time to suggest creating a grading scale and rubric for submissions. An in-depth syllabus wouldn't hurt either.

4. Juxtapostion

Juxtapostion Hydra

:eek:

ParodyKnaveBob likes this.
  5. Pawndawan

Pawndawan Champion of Cardhuntria

Fortunately it's common. :p

Merdis, timeracers, CT5 and 2 others like this.
  6. Juxtapostion

Juxtapostion Hydra

We all know why my submission wasn't chosen...

7. gulo gulo

gulo gulo Guild Leader

Don't make me assign everyone essays.

visak13, FrigusMacto, CT5 and 3 others like this.
  8. The staff is ok. But it's only common. Maybe we want some rare wizard step atacks, if that is possible.

9. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

If you're looking for new cards you're in the wrong place, buddy :p

10. DunDunDun

DunDunDun Thaumaturge

I'd sure love to have a reason to actually play MMs other than masochistic intent..
    Turns it more into a 'woo I did it' from a 'glad that's over', I think :p

Thanks for posting on Facebook. Guess I misunderstood how people converted videos to be facebook video files;
    Since it ended up being posted still as a youtube file, it did still crash my modem. :(

So I guess I'll never know what your thoughts on my item were ~ :rolleyes:

11. Scarponi

Scarponi Moderator

Summary: He liked the item, thought it was nicely balanced and had good theme. It made the "short list" of liked and viable options to choose from.

12. To encourage cautiously mobile elf wizards?

BlackSabbath and DunDunDun like this.
  13. Fifjunior7

Fifjunior7 Hydra

╔═════════════════ ೋღ☃ღೋ ════════════════╗
    ║~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ Repost this if you are an elf power activist ~ ~~ ~ ~║
    ║~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ who only associates with elf wizards ~ ~ ~~ ~ ~║
    ║~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ who don’t need no balance changes ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~║
    ╚═════════════════ ೋღ☃ღೋ ════════════════╝

Happenstance, Pawndawan and CT5 like this.
  14. Well some player posted items with new cards (in MP)

15. ParodyKnaveBob

ParodyKnaveBob Thaumaturge

(edited for a link and adding some more stuff to the first paragraph)

To Flaxative and CT5, thank you for the nifty discussion concerning the Antimatter Shield. $E^ b It was really a joke item more than anything (what's my username?), but I hoped it would be cool enough to get more than just a laugh. ha ha ha ha ha (So yay, mission surprisingly accomplished.) Fwiw, I had even more equippable "antimatter" items in mind, lol, but I suppose I'll refrain from that and try more realistically next time. $;^ b (Also, I might eventually come back around to a similar concept behind the antimatter items, but in a more established way.)

I actually had a "real" unfinished idea that I wanted to fine-tune more before submitting. I'm now pretty sure what cards I want on it, and literally just a few minutes ago I finally landed on a solid name, thus I'm about ready for the wizard's next open workshop invitation. $:^ P ...... Oh. N/m. I just searched for the resources to determine my item's technical stats, and it'd apparently be Level 28. $:^ | (I didn't realize two of the three cards I wanted were Emerald Quality: an AA+ and an AA.) Meh. Back to the old drawing board.

(I mean, sure, I have a couple more ideas and all, but meh, I was really looking forward to unveiling this beauty. Heh heh.)

Congratulations, of course, to Pawndawan! $:^ ] (I already said as much elsewhere.) It is an interestingly crafted item.

On that note, since specific item discussion isn't desired in this thread, I'll just state some general, related things for a moment, partly in response to Flax and CT5's video: last month, I had a growing winning streak for awhile with a Step Wizard Elf $:^ } ..then began slowly losing in the month after all, eh. (Of course, the time-out blitzes and Traveling Curse bug had something to do with that, too, but anyway.) I might experiment with this new staff (yay, user-created content!) since it'll be common, but I really expect my Elf Wizard will simply avoid it like the plague. I'm surprised everyone's been so excited about its introduction just from a playing standpoint -- but then, I tend to be surprised at how much people are willing to take awful-as-I-deem-them drawback cards, too. (Therefore, I'm not saying Pawn's design is bad; I'm just saying I have a huge hang-up with it and probably won't really play it, unfortunately.) I hope Flax's stated possibility of Aloyzo creating a similarly designed staff in the future will come to fruition! $:^ J And, if and when that day comes, I'll be glad that Pawn inspired Aloyzo to do exactly that! $:^ D (Uh .. if it's a staff I'd use anyway, lol!)

Regards, $:^ b

16. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

All the 'new cards' were cards that are in the game (just sometimes not in use). =)

17. Vholes

Vholes Thaumaturge

C) Vegetable-related

DunDunDun and CT5 like this.
  18. timeracers

timeracers Guild Leader

Well for me it was the reverse as I had a nice list of 36 items made before the contest and had to ask someone to help me select one.

19. timeracers

timeracers Guild Leader

@Flaxative
    What was Aloyzo's thoughts on my item(it's quite unique)?

20. Kerensky

Kerensky Orc Soldier

I liked the video commentary, it's nice to see what the brains behind the operation are thinking.

ParodyKnaveBob, Accent and Flaxative like this.