Aloyzo's Arsenal Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Card Hunter General Chat' started by Flaxative, Jul 29, 2015.

1. Guises

Guises Goblin Champion

Is there some instruction somewhere of how people are posting the card images in the submission thread? Are they just hotlinking from the wiki?

2. Robauke

Robauke Guild Leader

yeah pretty much. Copy the image adress of the size you like and paste it into the "insert image" dialogue.

seth arue likes this.
  3. Maniafig

Maniafig Thaumaturge

I just copy the image from the wiki and paste it in, it's also possible to insert the image's URL into the image function when writing a post.

As for Ooze Shove, it gets boosted by at least Blind Rage, so I think it and all similar cards break the restrictions.

ParodyKnaveBob and Flaxative like this.
  4. Guises

Guises Goblin Champion

Okay, thanks. I dressed up my post a little.

5. gulo gulo

gulo gulo Guild Leader

Wondering if Arcane Aura / Shell are disallowed here, as they indirectly cause damage. Well, more damage than would be originally dealt.

If they are, then any damage buff would be disallowed as well, I'd think.

6. BlackVoidDeath

BlackVoidDeath Guild Leader

7. gulo gulo

gulo gulo Guild Leader

Pretty sure those all cause damage, so they would be out.

8. Guises

Guises Goblin Champion

I was thinking about putting in a Quick Reactions, but left it out because drawing a card could mean drawing an attack card. Maybe I'm overthinking that one.

9. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

Quick Reactions can't deal damage.

Those cards don't deal damage, but yeah, I'd say damage buffs aren't really in the spirit of things.

10. Dieben

Dieben Lizardman Shopkeeper

11. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

Sir Veza likes this.
  12. Dargenom

Dargenom Orc Soldier

Oh man, Flax. I see you've had quite enough of the travelling curse/blind rage spam? :p

Gotta say though, this AA is already looking to be an interesting one!

13. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

What? No! I'm just running a tight flavor ship is all... :oops:

14. Founder

Founder Hydra

I like the idea of this. Lots of variety available, but lots of gameplay rules to take care of. Good show!

ParodyKnaveBob likes this.
  15. Mama Mia

Mama Mia Hydra

I'm assuming Misguided Heal is illegal, although it would give some interesting flavor...

16. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

Yes, it deals damage.

ParodyKnaveBob and Mama Mia like this.
  17. Kalin

Kalin Begat G'zok

What about Inspiring Presence? It doesn't deal damage itself, but it tries to draw attack cards.

18. Founder

Founder Hydra

I suspect that damage boosts, attack draw cards, etc. are permitted (they don't deal damage) but that they would not be in the spirit of the pacifist theme.

Flaxative likes this.
  19. Killer74

Killer74 Hydra

This is a great theme, even better than last month's, I think.

I assume cards that move the opponent (that don't deal damage) are fine, even though they could theoretically do damage with Path Of Knives, or move them onto bad terrain?

Looks like the theme favours priest items, though the other classes have some interesting possibilities. Divine Weapons (unless some sort of Mind Worm thing)/Weapons are probably out as they break they would break design rules.

My thoughts as to what might be dis/allowed:
    Attack cards: All disallowed except Perplexing Ray, Short Perplexing Ray, Boiling Armor, Forgetfulness, Counterspell, Memory Loss, War Cry (dubious?), Mind Worm, Scouting Run, Elvish Insight, Hypnotic Beacon
    Other cards: All allowed except any sort of frenzy, any armor that does damage or creates attack cards, traits that do self damage, draw cards that deal damage, Accelerate Time (dubious), Smashing Spin, all charges

BlackVoidDeath and Sir Veza like this.
  20. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

Yes, that's fine.

Good card breakdown!