Aloyzo's Arsenal Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Card Hunter General Chat' started by Flaxative, Jul 29, 2015.

1. Fry

Fry Ogre

I don't think there's currently any discard available in the shoe slot.

2. Stexe

Stexe #2 in Spring PvP Season

There isn't exactly. There is Warp Run which removes buffs and self-discard (like Wild Run). It would be stretching it slightly, but no more than most other Monster card items have.

3. Fry

Fry Ogre

Purge effects and self-discard are not very similar to destroying card from an enemy's hand.

4. Stexe

I know. Either way, most submissions stretched what is featured slightly. There are no ranged melee attacks on staves? I guess potential card advantage could be problematic in theory.

5. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

I don't think Ooze Shoes were problematic. I think they were in my top 20.

6. Stexe

Gotcha.

I don't mind the picks for the winners. Just didn't feel that the ogre item screamed what monster it came from and I'm super hesitant about Festering Guts for players (as it changes the nature of the game). Besides that it seemed fine like the previous months choices.

Fry likes this.
  7. BlackVoidDeath

BlackVoidDeath Guild Leader

Another question: Will the 5 winner's items be available after the Halloween special is over? Or will they stop appearing in chests/shop after the special is over?

8. Stexe

Still available as normal drops that could show up randomly in stores. They just won't be part of the specific Halloween shop.

BlackVoidDeath likes this.
  9. BlackVoidDeath

Ok, I just wasnt sure because the items will be in the Halloween store so I wasnt sure if they would still appear after it closes.
    Another question: a bit far-fetched but will the AA3 items be available in next year's Halloween shop?

10. Pawndawan

Pawndawan Champion of Cardhuntria

I guess it will depend on AA #15 ;)

CT5, Dargenom, BlackVoidDeath and 3 others like this.
  11. ParodyKnaveBob

ParodyKnaveBob Thaumaturge

Festering Guts probably won't change the whole nature of the game very much: In order to equip it (along with Shuffle x2), you must give up any other Human Skill you'd otherwise put on that character. None of the 3+ Thinking cards. Many of the {Move}, Team! cards. No {Action}, Soldier! -- including Jump, Soldier! which is arguably "the useful one" in MP. Instead, just Shuffle, Shuffle, Festering Guts. Dwarf Warriors will still be tough and hope for mobility; Elf Wizards will still want to stay far away from the battle; Human Priests will still be card hackers (even with FG attached, ha ha).

Right?

Flaxative likes this.
  12. Stexe

I mean change the nature as in have a reason to not kill someone. In MP there is currently no reason to not kill a target. Changing that means the game could stagnate. It probably won't become some new super strong strategy, but it could determine the course of a mach with a single card.

13. ParodyKnaveBob

@Stexe: I realize how Festering Guts changes things; if nothing else, Radiation has shown us this plenty of times. I'm just saying it'll probably be played a bunch at first because lolz FG etc., but when the newness wears off, people will want their Human Skill cards they've been missing. A few people will still play it, sure, and it'll be fun and complained about, but from what I can figure, the whole game isn't going to shifted into a new gear.

14. BlackVoidDeath

15. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

I don't think anything blocks Festering Guts, it's not a played card...

16. timeracers

timeracers Guild Leader

No just like it doesn't block reflecting block attacks.

ParodyKnaveBob likes this.
  17. ParodyKnaveBob

Resistant Hide gives you Immunity to its Acid damage, though.

seth arue and Flaxative like this.
  18. BlackVoidDeath

I dont understand this, elaborate?

19. Randolph

Randolph Kobold

I feel like I have to respond to this: This item is inspired by the Fungus Warrior in Secret of the Gnome Lords, a creature that incited the gnomes into murderous rage - Blind Rage is assuredly not off-theme, nor was it included in order to reduce cost; it was included specifically to reference that creature's corrupting influence.

Also, it provided an excellent item name pun opportunity.

20. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

I've closed the poll and thread for the bonus AA3 item. It'll be @Killer74's Storge's Proboscis. I will add it to the game alongside MM11 and AA4 next month. Speaking of AA4, I will post the submission thread tomorrow, and that will be open until the end of the month.