Aloyzo's Arsenal Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Card Hunter General Chat' started by Flaxative, Jul 29, 2015.

1. Mama Mia

Mama Mia Hydra

Damn. Wish I could make an item with Divine Item or Arcane Item with 3 Radioactive Pulse. It would be the new Firestorm. It would also be a rare, minor token item, meaning "Firestorm" for everyone!
    Too bad we can only have 1 monster card. ;)

2. gulo gulo

gulo gulo Guild Leader

I'm assuming Greater Spell Skill is too powerful to use, regardless of what it is paired with? Would just like some clarification before I submit an item that is clearly not a suitable submission.

3. timeracers

timeracers Guild Leader

It's not a monster card(and way too powerful)

4. gulo gulo

gulo gulo Guild Leader

I didn't know if it was or it wasn't, I just knew it was a card not on items, so I assumed it was a monster card.

No worries.

5. Lucky Dice

Lucky Dice Thaumaturge

6. gulo gulo

gulo gulo Guild Leader

Also, is that one type of monster card, or only one copy of one type of monster card?

7. timeracers

timeracers Guild Leader

Already asked and answered. I suggest you read this thread to see the answers you look for before asking again.

8. Mama Mia

Mama Mia Hydra

I think it wouldn't be a gold quality card in hands of players. Just compare it with Mystical Wyrmhide.

Adding an item with Alabaster Wyrmhide would mean they'd have to change the quality of the card. I don't think Flax wants to rebalance anything. But the criteria this time might mean he's willing to recolor a card if he likes the submission a lot (lots of monster cards are probably undervalued).

9. Killer74

Killer74 Hydra

Just a suggestion: The name of the monster the item is based around be added to the submission. Some of them aren't altogether that clear at first glance.

Flaxative and Pawndawan like this.
  10. gulo gulo

gulo gulo Guild Leader

Hey, I did read the post, forgot I had read the post after searching the wiki for a period of time, and then posted my question, in the haste of trying to determine if the item I would like to create was eligible or not. It is my mistake, and I apologize for this grand transgression. But please don't respond to me as if you are an adjudicator of the forums, and can deem what is suitable for discussion and what is not, thanks.

In any case, I'd love the Wyrmhide, but I agree it's probably too powerful. The monster name attached to each item could be fun, but that might not always allow itself creatively. So, I'm up in the air on that one.

Fifjunior7, Fry and Pawndawan like this.
  11. Pawndawan

Pawndawan Champion of Cardhuntria

I think adding the monster name in the submission (not necessarily in the item name) is good idea. Also remember to use wiki's "What links here" tool found in the left side of page if you want to see what monsters have the card in deck:
    [​IMG]

Other approach is first select a monster by browsing the wiki: http://wiki.cardhuntria.com/wiki/Category:Monsters

Also, if you want to collaborate with AA #3 submissions AKA pick a monster group together before we submit our own items. PM me! :)

12. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

I like the idea of adding the monster name to the submission. Do it if you like.

To be clear, the contest this month is not to submit an item designed around a monster card. It is to submit an item designed around a MONSTER, which CAN have a monster card. Your submission is unlikely to be selected if it merely contains a monster card but doesn't clearly cleave to the theme of an in-game monster.

In other words,

DO: Design a wyvern-themed staff full of electricity that happens to have an on-theme Wild Spark.
    DON'T: Design a cool staff that has a Wild Spark surrounded with fire and acid cards.

I hope that distinction is clear.

If you feel you misread the assignment, feel free to edit your submissions anytime before the contest closes (in about 2 weeks).

BlackVoidDeath and Inkfingers like this.
  13. Lucky Dice

Lucky Dice Thaumaturge

So you want a Team Shift and Raise the Alarm on one card when somebody uses servant as a basis, for example?

The thing is, sometimes it's hard to put more than one, because it comes off OP to one's eyes.

14. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

As always ... just don't submit an OP item. ;)

BlackVoidDeath likes this.
  15. BlackVoidDeath

BlackVoidDeath Guild Leader

16. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

That was then, this is now. Trust my recommendations for the contest I'm running. :p

17. BlackVoidDeath

BlackVoidDeath Guild Leader

Ok, but i dont want you and @CT5 criticising the fact that I (might) edit my post instead of re-posting! :p

Stexe likes this.
  18. Vakaz

Vakaz Guild Leader

I just wanted to say that I think the selection of multiple winners for this month is a really great idea; having multiple winners is definitely something I've been feeling would make this contest much more interesting, and also seems like it would makes resubmitted items more viable in terms of being picked.

I suggest taking it a step further and doing more than 1 winner every month, but this is a good start :p

Last edited: Sep 15, 2015
    Inkfingers, Bandreus and timeracers like this.
  19. Bandreus

Bandreus Thaumaturge

Clearly too many awesome submission are sent each month. More than a winner is a big improvement

Vakaz likes this.
  20. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

Who knows what future months might bring. But we definitely don't want to flood the game with user-created items.

Stexe, Sir Veza and timeracers like this.