Aloyzo's Arsenal #3 Peer Feedback & Discussion

Discussion in 'Card Hunter General Chat' started by timeracers, Oct 14, 2015.

1. timeracers

timeracers Guild Leader

I used the wiki for most of them, which monsters do I not know about?

2. seth arue

seth arue Thaumaturge

We all know Aloyzo is a crazy ol' coot ;)
    But we love the guy anyways

Han Lee, Flaxative and timeracers like this.
  3. Stexe

Stexe #2 in Spring PvP Season

"This post contains misinformation about forum moderation policy."

Except not. Why was a thread I created closed when it dealt with talking about submissions?
    Ideas and actual submissions are a very fine line. Can you define and give me examples of the difference?

4. seth arue

seth arue Thaumaturge

Seems cut and dry to me. Ideas = "I have an idea that hasn't been made".
    Submission = "this is my idea, brought to life".
    Simplified: once it's in the "submission" thread, it's a finished product. Before that, it's a wip (work in progress)

5. Stexe

Even talking about WIP items is against the rules. At least it was when I talked about my item idea in the thread, before I had submitted it. The idea was "low token cost Purging Strike weapon for warriors, with some flavor using unused fire cards with the idea of burning away impurities (buffs)." Then I gave a sample example of what it might look like and was asking for a name -- that violated the rules according to Flax. http://forums.cardhunter.com/threads/aloyzos-submission-discussion.8334/

6. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

And you wouldn't still be here moaning and making the biggest stink in the world if we banned people for discussing submissions. Hence the warning on your post that lies about us banning people. End of discussion. Go back to talking about AA 3 peer feedback now.

ParodyKnaveBob and seth arue like this.
  7. timeracers

timeracers Guild Leader

Probably because you were beating a dead horse in it.
    Submissions are things that have been submitted to the AA thread(regarding AA submissions)
    Ideas are non complete submissions

seth arue likes this.
  8. Stexe

I wasn't beating a dead horse. I was trying to discuss my item but OTHER people (especially Flax) kept derailing it. The item I was discussing was not submitted and it was an idea, yet I was warned to not do it. Therefore even ideas are not allowed to be discussed if they might turn into submissions.

EDIT: I guess talking about PAST ideas is fine as long as you don't plan on using that in a future submission. Just to learn from past mistakes.

9. seth arue

seth arue Thaumaturge

Sorry.

@timeracers What I said about my staff, would that have potentially made it any better? (The yellow dragon staff)

10. timeracers

timeracers Guild Leader

Trip would have been better(though no staves have trip, but at least this wouldn't be auto dq'ed), Rockfall would still be OP.

11. seth arue

seth arue Thaumaturge

True, but I figured using Spikes wouldn't have translated as well. (Also think that Trip would've been interesting there...missed opportunity)

12. timeracers

timeracers Guild Leader

Indeed. You could try to make your item the least optimal level(like level 9 or 13.5 for 6 card items) to balance it.

13. Dargenom

Dargenom Orc Soldier

Don't have half these cards? Yes they do! Pinning, potent stab and trip! 3 is half of 6 no? :p

Now if I remember correctly I believe I took some creative license and put dodge in there as a replacement for jump back, while predictable stab is in there to lower the high power level of the item while still honoring the theme. I don't remember reading anywhere in the rules that you were limited to cards that the monster in question had, but then again I did also miss the fact that only monster cards that were similar to player cards were allowed!

Iunno, I like to think I stuck quite nicely to the theme, and even if I failed miserably, it was a fun waste of a few hours! :D

Sir Veza and seth arue like this.
  14. Robauke

Robauke Guild Leader

I think theres one major misconception here, when did "themed around a monster" become "only cards taken straight from ones card pool"?
    I'm inclined to forget about AA#3 but theres constantly someone rubbing salt into that closing wound.

Sir Veza and Stexe like this.
  15. Stexe

That's true. However, there isn't much to go on besides "what cards the monster uses" for theme. I don't think "not having this card" is an instant disqualifier, but it helps to have all same / similar.

Sir Veza likes this.
  16. Kalin

Kalin Begat G'zok

If it was me, I'd also accept weaker versions of OP cards the monster has. For example, a yellow dragon item could have Cave In, Acid Spray, and Leap (and yes, Cave In may still be too strong for players).

17. Stexe

Same. I thought the picks were a bit lackluster considering what else was out there, but they weren't bad picks.

18. timeracers

timeracers Guild Leader

When I said that it doesn't have half these cards, I mean 1 half of the cards it doesn't have. (It's like saying the glass was half empty versus half full)

Last edited: Oct 27, 2015
    Dargenom likes this.
  19. timeracers

timeracers Guild Leader

Are there any items that wouldn't be marked Invalid with this rule? If so please point them out.

20. timeracers

timeracers Guild Leader

Part 1 of the review is here
    Page 7 of entries:
    1: Submission failed to follow the rules(max level 21(.5)) and fails to follow this month's restriction. Invalid.
    2: Submission failed to follow this month's restriction(not themed). Invalid.
    3: When did zombies get acid spray and traveling curse, the answer is never. Invalid.
    4: The Oak Bombardier does have all of these except the strong bludgeons which is the same as strong bash except it doesn't have the slide back 1, but this doesn't reflect what the bombardier does because it mostly uses acorn slings, and this doesn't. Invalid. (never expected a 8 in a row of invalids)
    5: This is themed nicely. Though mind drain is strong, this is a level 18 without any other strong cards so it's balanced. I approve.
    6: This isn't themed on any dragon in this game. Invalid.
    7: Not themed on a monster. Invalid.

Approved %: 18.4
    Approved: 23 of 125
    Negative %: 81.6
    Negative: 102 of 125
    Disapproved %: 26.4
    Disapproved: 33 of 125
    Almost Approved %: 0
    Almost Approved: 0 of 125
    Invalid %: 55.2
    Invalid: 69 of 125
    This concludes my review.