All treasures hunted

Discussion in 'Card Hunter General Chat' started by PDXTai, Feb 1, 2015.

?

Do you collect treasures?

1. No, it's just 1,000 gold.

21 vote(s)
    50.0%
  2. Yes, I'm trying to get one of every treasure.

13 vote(s)
    31.0%
  3. Yes, I keep every Legendary treasure.

6 vote(s)
    14.3%
  4. I actually keep every treasure I've ever dropped. I'm also part dragon. On my mother's side.

2 vote(s)
    4.8%
  1. Scarponi

Scarponi Moderator

CT5, Mr. Magnifico and Bandreus like this.
  2. Mr. Magnifico

Mr. Magnifico Thaumaturge

I don't have all of the special holiday ones (next year!), and I doubt I'll ever get the snuffbox but, still, I have made it to a modest meaningless milestone:

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

PDXTai, Sir Veza, Scarponi and 2 others like this.
  3. Bluemage

Bluemage Hydra

Sounds like somebody should request a feature to have a display room at the keep. Kind of like the old throne room in civilization.

Then you'd have somewhere to hang all this paintings.

It could also work as a place to display your figures. Then we'd just need some way for people to see it in the game... Yeah, this is getting too complicated. And it would need updates every time they made a new treasure.

Accent likes this.
  4. MadMacx

MadMacx Kobold

I sell all my treasure for gold so I can buy items to use.
    Is there a reason to keep treasure unused?

5. Jarmo

Jarmo Snow Griffin

The only reason to keep treasures is if you like collecting them. They have no function in the game except to be sold for gold.

6. MadMacx

MadMacx Kobold

Good then I am using it correctly as their sole function. The rabid collectors make it very confusing. Why would someone collect something without value?

Actually their value is from selling them. Collecting them makes them valueless.
    It is not like they are "really" rare items.
    They are only digital copies and not even tracked. There is an unlimited number of them and they will keep randomly generating them as long as you play enough matches.

7. Sir Veza

Sir Veza Farming Deity

Being rabid helps, and sowing confusion a bonus.
    Playing computer games that don't improve skills usable in real life is essentially valueless as well. The people on these forums do it anyway. So we all do valueless things, and it comes down to a question of degree.

PDXTai, karadoc and Fifjunior7 like this.
  8. MadMacx

MadMacx Kobold

True - My wife calls my drinking a waste of time but I get drunk and well that is the purpose of alcohol.

I understand collecting something rare and valuable. Even something you can trade. But the treasures are not any more "rare" than the items correct?
    A legendary item drops at same rate as legendary treasure?

Maybe the treasure is better? At least you get 1000 gold to buy a legendary you want instead of getting some random legendary item you cannot use.

But then that is if you are selling the treasure.

And my wife thinks playing games are a waste of time too but that is not true. Games are a source of learning and entertainment.
    They also provide social interaction.

I understand humans need to be special. They is why the youth today gets tattoos and piercing just like everyone else so they can be individuals. Ummm bad example.

9. Jarmo

Jarmo Snow Griffin

The treasures are rare inside the magic circle of Card Hunter. It takes time and effort to collect all of them. They don't just automatically generate themselves in your Keep while you sleep. That is why getting them all feels like an accomplishment. It is secondary that the items have no physical existence or direct game play application during the matches.

People collect things, they always have. Some collect pretty rocks, some collect tree leaves. The items don't need to have monetary value to be valuable in the eyes of the collector. Collecting is more about wanting than having. A complete collection is soon a dusty memory while one is busy collecting something new. Often it's about the journey, not the destination.

10. Bandreus

Bandreus Thaumaturge

And, btw, you can just sell them whenever you need the gold for whatever reason, so it's not like collecting makes you lose gold either.

11. Scarponi

Scarponi Moderator

They are more rare in one sense: they generally cannot be found in shops.

doog37 and Sir Veza like this.
  12. Bandreus

Bandreus Thaumaturge

I think they are rarer in all regards: i.e. the chance to get a treasure drop is slimmer than that of getting a usable item. At least in campaign, I'm not sure what the numbers look like for MP chests.

13. Accent

Accent Hydra

Exactly. I've been collecting treasures so I have to sell them whenever I want to buy something. Helps keep me from wasting my gold on something like today's Daily Deal: Juniper's Jumper (ewwww)

14. Scarponi

Scarponi Moderator

In one sense it's a player generated "achievement." Quite a few games have achievements/badges/trophies/whatever, in some games they have an in-game effect, in others it's just a goal to try to attain for the heck of it. This obviously would be of the latter, but remains something fun to chase for some of us. And for those who only aim for one of everything, it's a one time investment (of about 17k gold), which for the player who plays enough to get every treasure is probably not that big of a deal and after which all treasures become salable assets.

15. Bandreus

Bandreus Thaumaturge

Speaking of which, I've been collecting epic treasure again for little more than a month now. This is mainly from my daily MP activity (~0-10 games per day, depending on work/RL commitments) and Loot Fairy, no club membership.

Taking this pic remembered me why I stopped collecting epics in the first place...

[​IMG]

that's roughly 10k gold in excess epic treasures, for those wondering and too lazy to count 'hem

16. doog37

doog37 Hydra

I would like to have a treasure vault some day... but that day will not come until I can go into Randi's with 2500 gold and not want to buy something.

I should post a pic of the treasures in Skarl's as an ersatz treasure room!

While I am NOT a dragon by birth I have been collecting to gold to one day get a dragon DNA injection with hopes of growing functioning dragon wings. I asked some paleontologists about providing me a sample but they keep making the same remark about dragons never having existed or something... I guess dino DNA could do in a pinch.

Last edited: Mar 23, 2015
    Sir Veza, Accent and Bandreus like this.