AI new Cards and Items

Discussion in 'Card Hunter General Chat' started by Master Goo, Apr 17, 2016.

1. DupleX

DupleX Champion of Cardhuntria

The tracker has already been updated to include the 3 new adventures lf can appear in.

Master Goo, timeracers and Pawndawan like this.
  2. timeracers

timeracers Guild Leader

Yes, this makes handicaps-only quest for that module easier.

ParodyKnaveBob likes this.
  3. Kalin

Kalin Begat G'zok

Just for completeness:
    Warp Run and Destructive Purge have always removed everything, no change.
    Lateral Thinking, Pathfinding, Gene Therapy, and Genetic Boost (monster card) are still selective in what they remove.

(Trivia: The last minute card fix before release was to change Backstab to remove everything instead of just handicaps, to fix the interaction with I'm Here About The Job which used to be Boost/Hanidcap.)

ParodyKnaveBob and Pawndawan like this.
  4. hello world

hello world Hydra

Unbuffable also deals full damage if the character is under the effect of wimpy .

5. xiangzao

xiangzao Mushroom Warrior

The game really have this equipment, good metamorphosis, I took 7200 pizza did not smoke to this
    [​IMG]

ParodyKnaveBob and rinco69 like this.
  6. Fanturluche

Fanturluche Thaumaturge

20160422012536_1.jpg
    Wimpy triggered when the ennemy played Friendly Fire, but still 2 damage were done. Could it be that Friendly Fire is missing the Unbuffable keyword?

7. Kalin

Kalin Begat G'zok

It's not an attack. Wimpy also won't affect charges.

8. tolkien

tolkien Thaumaturge

I assume unbuffable refers to savage curse as well even though only frenzy is mentioned?

9. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

Yep. "effects like frenzy" as in, effects that add damage (buffs). I am open to clearer wording.

10. DupleX

DupleX Champion of Cardhuntria

You could change Savage Curse to Frenzy 4 :)

Lord Feleran, Flaxative and Pawndawan like this.
  11. timeracers

timeracers Guild Leader

You could say "effects that increases or decreases the damage this character deals"

12. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

Well, armor applies, so... :)

13. timeracers

timeracers Guild Leader

"friendly effects that change the damage this attack does"

14. Scarponi

Scarponi Moderator

These "solutions" don't help clarify that other modifiers like wimpy do not come into play (and I'm assuming neither does Arcane Aura/Shell which aren't frenzies), yet vulnerable does.
    And this isn't true for Fragile Curse cast by a teammate.

~~~~~~~~~~~

May I suggest something like: "This card's damage ignores modifiers affecting the acting character."

15. ParodyKnaveBob

ParodyKnaveBob Thaumaturge

I like, Scarp. Maybe closer to established wording would be...

"No cards in your hand or attached to you will affect this damage."

I almost said "this card's damage," but if a card in the future gets one part Unbuffable and another part buffable, then hey, might as well be forward compatible.

Yes, this might become an early "gotcha" for some, but frankly, whether or not die rolls get modified for armors/blocks on the attacker vs. attackee is also an early "gotcha" for some. Still, if it can be further clarified, yay.

Edit.. Maybe "affect" is too generic due to blocks *cough* "affecting" damage? $F^ ,
    Maybe "modify" or "increase or decrease" would be better there after all? $:^ , Hm.

Edit.. Come to think of it, I wonder if "Unbuffable" is too inaccurate a term since it's also "Unnerfable"/"Undebuffable" in the same sense.

Last edited: Apr 23, 2016
  16. Fanturluche

Fanturluche Thaumaturge

Shouldn't Attack The Darkness be an attack-handicap hybrid instead of just an attack? It is a mandatory action and it can damage allies after all.
    [​IMG]

17. ParodyKnaveBob

Very first time I ever drew Attack the Darkness, during the last battle of the first AI adventure, Jim turned around, away from the enemies, and burst perfectly in the middle of Binwin and Omin to damage 'em both. $|^ J Thanks, Jim! Lol.

Actually, while I'm here, why is Prestidigitation utility instead of handicap? What is it equally doing to/for either party? Every super rare now and then, it can be useful like Slowed, except you choose when to play Slowed as a Move 0 card, and you still wind up one card short in your hand. If it only said "Do nothing," I could see it being utility maybe, but it's "Do nothing. Mandatory Action," which could be just awful in, say, the Citadel if a Radioactive Pulse thrust that sucker into your hand.

Last edited: Apr 24, 2016
  18. Kalin

Kalin Begat G'zok

Maybe that's the reason.

Personally, I'd much rather see that in the Citadel than Hear Them Out, which has showed up in 50% of the EttSC modules I've played since AI was released.

19. Pawndawan

Pawndawan Champion of Cardhuntria

Actually, Prestidigitation is going to be (pure?) handicap in next update: https://twitter.com/RudolphoCH/status/722668822461816832

ParodyKnaveBob and Flaxative like this.
  20. ParodyKnaveBob

Great! Cool to hear. Thank you, Pawn for pointing us non-Tweeting folks to the info. Thank you, BM, for fixing! (And yeah, I certainly wouldn't call it hybrid. It's just a handicap. And hey! Now it'll be allowed in handicap quests! -- which is what I thought when I *first* opened a chest and saw it anyway, ha ha ha ha.)