AI ends turn 100 times.. exploit?

Discussion in 'Card Hunter General Chat' started by Haxzploid, Jun 21, 2013.

1. Haxzploid

Haxzploid Ogre

It's not that simple. In other situations they move into melee range simply because there are more unoccupied squares around my character.

All i am saying is, if i could not trap them like this, they would have defeated me. Working as intended? I think not.

2. Phaselock

Phaselock Bugblatter

I'm sorry, how do you know the AI is ending its turn prematurely and constant ?

3. Haxzploid

Haxzploid Ogre

Well it's not ending its turn prematurely if this is intended ofc. I know it's doing it constant cause i can end my turn 20 times straight while healing etc without AI making any actions.

I don't think the discussion should be "Why AI is doing what it's doing" more like "Should AI be doing what it's doing?"

And yeah i can imagine it is difficult to program an AI. But still, i am really just trying to point out a possible exploit that might make certain adventures easier than they should have been.

4. Blindsight

Blindsight Ogre

It would take more lines of code, but they would likely be minimal. If the enemy has passed for two rounds and you're not on a victory condition, it's likely time to do something.

As I mentioned in my thread, I also think it's a problem.

5. Haxzploid

Haxzploid Ogre

Yeah i was thinking of something along those lines, If AI passed without playing a card within the last 3 turns, AI will not pass without going berserk first and kill anything in its path!

6. Kalin

Kalin Begat G'zok

Simplest solution would be to never pass on the first turn of any round.

7. Assussanni

Assussanni Ogre

Given that the AI appears to like the current position of the board when this happens I suspect it would simply play a movement card and stay where it is, then pass on the next round. Might be worth investigating though.