Abusing Report Button.

Discussion in 'Card Hunter General Chat' started by Aegisdivine, Mar 1, 2014.

1. Aegisdivine

Aegisdivine Kobold

We should have a penalty for players who abuse this function. We do not want this game to end up like League of Legends where players report each other for selfish unjustified reasons on a massive scale.

Today, I was reported by someone under the name REDACTED. I was thinking for about no more then a minute on 1 turn and he told me to hurry up. I told him no because I felt I'd the right to take my time as longest I wasn't intentional stalling.

In the end, I took down his 2 dw's and he was down to 1 priest. Then he said unsportmanship and left the game. The time difference was only about 4 minutes at best.

Later, I found out he reported me. And in global chat said he was gonna use up all his reports button on me. And the reason for that was he was on his 20th chest & his time was either running out or he had to leave so he got frustrated that he missed his epic chest.

Anyways, I think that is pretty low of him to do that.

EDIT: Name removed by Farbs

2. Farbs

Farbs Blue Manchu Staff Member

Cheers for taking the time to write about this. It matters a lot to us that our report function helps the game stay a fun and friendly place, in regards to both legitimate and abusive reporting. We aren't going to publish the details of how it works, since that would encourage abuse, however I can tell you that it is non-trivial, and that there is always an opportunity to have bans etc lifted if you think they were unfairly imposed. I don't think you have anything to worry about in this case.

I'll also redact the player name from your post above, since calling people out tends not to be very helpful.

Thanks again.

Megadestructo likes this.
  3. Megadestructo

Megadestructo Shark Card

Also, for anyone having problems like this, please PM me or Farbs on this forum (preferably me) with the incident, including the other user's name and time that this happened. We have access to the logs of what has happened and what is being said (though it takes us a bit to sort through it) so we can take appropriate action.

As Farbs mentioned earlier (and I've said before), please do not use the forums to call someone out. Drop us a line and we'll look into it and work with you on a resolution.

Thanks! :)

4. Sazanami

Sazanami Orc Soldier

While we're at it, more than once I have heard people claim that people should be reported for anything related to resigning. For example, someone resigns because he doesn't feel like playing a drawn out battle facing dwarven control wizards and is then threatened with being reported. Not necessarily by the player of dwarven control wizards, but by people who believe that the devs have claimed that the resign button is the devil.

It would be great if we could clear up the confusion. The whole 'report anyone throwing matches' was, by my best knowledge, referring only to tankers - people that deliberately reduce their rating by resigning, such that they have an easier time reaching the purple chest afterwards.

neoncat likes this.
  5. Megadestructo

Megadestructo Shark Card

Yeah, making any kind of blanket statement like "all resigning is bad" is not helpful. Threatening to always use the report function if someone resigns because the battle is unwinnable in also not helpful. Use your best judgement and if there someone being abusive and threatening like that, let us know.

6. Questor

Questor Ogre

Four minutes is already annoying but there are players who snail up to or even more than 10 minutes difference.
    That is something that should be handled because it is a very good method to unnerve your opponent. If you are pissed because your opponent has 3 minutes left and you still have 15 makes you angry and that state of mind lets you make more mistakes. Especially when your opponent suddenly plays very fast and still very good.

I know that MP is almost nonexistent with 50-80 players on average but please give the casual players who just want a few fast games a option of quick games.
    Like for example a max difference of 2 or 3 minutes or a snoozi timer of 1 minute or something like that or please do not wonder if snailplayers get reported.