About [Quests]

Discussion in 'Card Hunter General Chat' started by hazzmazz, Jun 1, 2013.

1. hazzmazz

hazzmazz Kobold

hi,

while leveling a second group in order to try some more high level quest, i noticed that i dont get any xp for doing a lvl 5 quest with my second group i only got treasures.

as far as it concernes me i dont really like playing the whole thing again just to try some high level quest and the fact that ,while i am doing something i dont really like, i cant even do some low level challenging quests that i might like and i am not even getting any xp for it.

why is that? bug or intention? if intention please enlighten me how getting no xp for a low lvl quest with a low lvl group makes sense. to clarify group is lvl 5 and quest was lvl 5.

Greetings

The hazzmazz

2. Grombak

Grombak Orc Soldier

Sure that all of you group members are lvl 5 ? Because when I am playing with my second group of low level chars on their respective quest level they are getting xp!

3. Wozarg

Wozarg Thaumaturge

If you actually mean quest and not adventure quests don't give exp.

4. Grombak

Grombak Orc Soldier

oh ok, my mistake.

5. hazzmazz

hazzmazz Kobold

well i think they should give xp. i see no reason for them not to.if the characters meet the level of course.

6. Sir Knight

Sir Knight Sir-ulean Dragon

Quests were never intended to give you XP. I'll just copy the last time:

7. hazzmazz

hazzmazz Kobold

yeah well.. thank u for reposting this... but my point beeing .. i HAVE to lvl more than 1 group to be able to try some quests on higher levels. there for it would be a good idea if the quest give xp while doing the same adventures OVER and OVER again with the next and the next group....

u know most have played the adventures atleast once during lvling the first group.. so why not make it more interessting with the second and maybe third group by opening the possibility to gain xp while doing quests.......

right now with leveling another crew i cant tell u how booooooooooooooooring it is to replay stuff i allready played almost to the point where i dont wanna play anymore at all... just give me/us the option to try and lvl via quests...

8. Sir Knight

It's, uh, hard to respond to that sort of post.

But anyway, here are your options:

1). HAVE FUN. Seriously, have you tried any other combination of adventurers? Any other builds? Knock yourself out! If you got that far and weren't even curious about running another party . . . well, I don't know what to say. If the game is fun, play it. If you don't want to play it anymore, don't. (But see my note at the bottom.)

2). Hire some level 10 adventurers straight out to minimize the leveling. Again, if you've played the game that much, I'm sure you have plenty of gold lying around.

3). Use your awesome gear to take on adventures two levels above your adventurers in order to gain 20 XP at a shot, thus again minimizing leveling.

And here's that note: if you check out the thread I linked, you'll see that us "old-timers" were disappointed they changed quests to only appear once you'd finished the beta. I think we have another solid argument for changing the system back. If you could see the quests at all during normal play, then it would encourage you to think about other parties, and prepare you to run all those characters if you really hadn't been thinking of it.

9. hazzmazz

hazzmazz Kobold

seems like u didnt get my point.
    all i am saying is " plz let quest give xp" nothing more,
    tried to argue, looks like it didnt work quite out.

well nvm have a nice day.

the hazzmazz

10. Sir Knight

Yeah, and I told you why quests don't give XP in my first post. Then I told you why it would be better if people could see quests at all times (not just once you completed the beta), because, among other things, then you wouldn't be trapped with an old team when you learned about the "get XP" or "get higher rarity loot" distinction.

Generally speaking, you don't want everything in your entire gaming experience to be the same: some people WOULD give up XP gain in order to get higher rarity loot, if only they knew that's how the game worked. This is my "argument."