A question on pizza purchaces...

Discussion in 'Card Hunter General Chat' started by GG Crono, Sep 18, 2013.

1. GG Crono

GG Crono Kobold

So I just started this game, I dig it, nice product you guys have there. And I notice that one can buy pizza! Always a thing worth purchasing.

But, I was wondering. Is there a list anywhere of things that pizza can buy in-game?

2. dmar314

dmar314 Goblin Champion

I don't know if there is a list anywhere but you can buy the following:
    1. Cosmetic figures at cuthbert's costume (change the appearance/gender of your characters)
    2. Club membership (best extra loot for pizza value)
    3. Treasure hunts (extra adventures that unlock when you buy them with pizza, 330 pizza for all of them in a bundle. These will eventually appear in the campaign)
    4. Gold chests and purple chests at the chest shops (chest and barrel or anjin's treasures) that contain either guarenteed rares or guarenteed epics (much less efficient than club reward and very expensive for what you actually get. About $5 for two epics. Not recommended if you want to enjoy the game's designed progression rate.)
    5. Convert pizza straight into gold at 5 gold per pizza slice (most inefficient way to spend pizza, and you can get gold easily by selling treasures. I would not recommend this ever).

Pengw1n likes this.
  3. Pengw1n

Pengw1n Moderately Informed Staff Member

3, just to clarify - they will appear in the campaign, and be unlocked if paid for. I know that's probably what dmar meant, but wanted to avoid any confusion making it sound it was just an earlier unlock. Best pizza value according to myself, as they're great adventures and combined with a club membership gives an additional epic item first time completed (treasure hunts without club, gives 1 set epic item as shown in description).

4. GG Crono

GG Crono Kobold

Ah, thank you.

I just got my 30 free slices as part of the story, and since I'm reasonably short on cash, I probably won't be buying more any time soon. With that in mind, would a purple chest be a worthwhile expenditure of my pizza?

5. Unlucky Scarecrow

Unlucky Scarecrow Goblin Champion

You'll be getting a little bit more as you progress. I think you get a total of 150 Pizza for free. I would hold off on spending it though. You may come across a Treasure Hunt module with an item that looks like it would fit your build, and you can simply purchase the treasure hunt instead; That way you know exactly what you're getting. However, if none of the items obtained through Treasure Hunts look appealing, you can just roll the dice with a chest instead.

6. GG Crono

GG Crono Kobold

Thanks again. :)

7. Spooky2

Spooky2 Kobold

There's an old beta thread that did a pizza breakdown that you may find useful. Buying all 11 Treasure Hunts along with 30 Days of Club Membership is an excellent combo for gearing up. Some also recommend buying the Dwarf MP Starter as well for some of the nice items it provides.

8. GG Crono

GG Crono Kobold

What is this "MP Starter"? I can't seem to find it anywhere in-game.

9. Spooky2

Spooky2 Kobold

In the multi-player (MP) shop. Around level 4ish Gary advises you to try MP and gives you a free MP Starter set which includes three characters decked out in gear so you can jump into MP games. Additional starters can be purchased for 50 pizza each. Here's the list of everything you get in the Fierce Dwarf starter. The benefit of buying a MP starter vs a chest is you know exactly what you getting in the starter instead of gambling on random loot in a chest.

10. 1dreamer

1dreamer Kobold

gary advise you at lvl 6 for the MP.