A question from a noob

Discussion in 'Card Hunter General Chat' started by StormRaiser, Oct 24, 2013.

1. StormRaiser

StormRaiser Mushroom Warrior

OK since the discovery of the "Resistant Hide" card for my Wizard I'm definitely enjoying a lot more success in battle so I'm wondering if it is only available for wizard armour/robes or if I can also find this card for my priest and warrior? ... I've been checking the shops daily but am yet to see an item that offers this card to anything but a wizard. should I just stop looking because it's not available or am I just not looking hard enough??

2. Pengw1n

Pengw1n Moderately Informed Staff Member

It used to be available on other pieces of armour, but got removed from anything but Wizard's Robes in beta due to it's power.

3. Armoek

Armoek Mushroom Warrior

4. StormRaiser

StormRaiser Mushroom Warrior

thank you for your speedy replies :) ... guess I'll just have to find another way to make my priest and warrior harder to kill...

5. Aldones

Aldones Ogre

Couldn't a human wizard technically chuck it to a warrior buddy with something like battlefleid training?

6. Pengw1n

Correct.

7. Gentlecow

Gentlecow Orc Soldier

There's just one small caveat: Battlefield Training is terrible. So situational, such a big draw deficit.

Pengw1n likes this.
  8. Guises

Guises Goblin Champion

As far as I know, the only other armor that's available to players and gives full immunity to a class of attacks is Grounding Plates (only available for warriors). Though Arrogant Armor can protect you from burning effects.

9. piotras

piotras Goblin Champion

I thought it's impossible to get battlefield training on a mage? (without throwing one onto your wizard so he can throw the robes back at you :p).

10. Jarmo

Jarmo Snow Griffin

There are many human skills that have it. If your wizard is human, she can use advanced or normal battlefield training.

piotras and Pengw1n like this.
  11. Pengw1n

Human mage can get battlefield training from his racial, without any problem. Not only on helmets.

piotras likes this.
  12. karadoc

karadoc Hydra

If you pass on Resistant Hide to your warrior using Battlefield Training, then your wizard won't have it anymore - so that won't really improve your team's surviability anyway. Besides, the it's pretty unlikely that you'll draw both Resistant Hide and Battlefield Training at a time when it's convenient to pass it on... All in all, it's not easy to come up with good uses for Battlefield Training! (And it certainly doesn't help that it reveals the passed card to your enemies in multiplayer games!)

13. TheSench

TheSench Kobold

Thank you! I hadn't seen the "Expand" button until now. I've been clicking the picture to see all the item pages it's used in until this point.

14. Aldones

Aldones Ogre

Keep in mind we got Witchy Robes just today that aren't going to be on that list yet, too.

15. Mirkel

Mirkel Goblin Champion

There's a lot of good uses for it IMO, it's great weakness is in the fact you lose one card to use it. If it would allow you to draw a card after you use it, it'd be great on a priest: Healing Rays able to heal the priest, giving out a lifedrain attack to a badly wounded warrior, giving Righteous Anger to somebody else if it is the priest who needs to be buffed etc.