A place to store unused items?

Discussion in 'Feedback and Suggestions' started by imMara, Feb 5, 2013.

1. imMara

imMara Mushroom Warrior

I have around 100 - 150 items, most of them good items or items I dont want to sell, items like: race skills or old items that I might want to use with possible newer low level parties, and I feel maybe a place to store them might come in handy. Maybe give Startington Keep some love? and add some sort of storage feature?

2. Jon

Jon Blue Manchu Staff Member

I assume you mean a place in addition to the Keep?

3. imMara

imMara Mushroom Warrior

Not quite, maybe you can add another page exclusive to the keep, like the mule page where you carry all your stuff, but the items you place on that particular page stay on the keep. I think it will help a bit with the clutter, duplicate items, race skills, and such.

skip_intro and Zalminen like this.
  4. Haxzploid

Haxzploid Ogre

I agree with this.

I haven't played the beta, but the problem you encounter in all games when it comes to loot, is that you need to look through your entire collection to find the stuff your just looted in order for you to sell it. Would be cool with a storage place where all loot is accumulated, and from there you could either sell or transfer to the Keep. To sell the things stored in your Keep, you would need to transfer the loot back to this "loot storage" and then sell it from there.

Perhaps when looking at the items in this "loot storage" it could tell you how many of these you already had, so you could make the choice there to sell or transfer. :confused:

5. skip_intro

skip_intro Ogre

Sounds like a good idea. Have an Armoury page where you put all loot and a version of Rudolpho the Mule to carry selected gear with you around the map.

6. Shinigami

Shinigami Kobold

If i remember right they had something like this in place but decided to get rid of. The only difference was that space of the Mule was limited.

7. Pengw1n

Pengw1n Moderately Informed Staff Member

Yeah, Farbs said it canned it due to not being "fun" for the player. I agree that the current system makes the inventory just a huge pile of junk that's hard to get any kind of overview of.

http://www.cardhunter.com/forum/threads/keep-and-emulio-upgrades.641/#post-7644

However, maybe suggestions were you could "retire" loot you no longer use, such as a Vault tab, withon the keep could work without changing the mule/keep mechanic.

8. Sir Knight

Sir Knight Sir-ulean Dragon

I believe one solution would be to look at the "folders" vs. "labels" distinction.

The history of Rudolpho was one of "folders": you could put things in your keep, or you could put things on your mule, and it only could be one or the other.

What if your mule were made a "label"? "I shift-click on this item in my keep and it 'goes on Rudolpho' for easy sorting." Then, you have a few more sorting buttons: "Main," "Mule," and "All," accessible on all inventory screens regardless of whether you are adventuring or not. It would be a pure convenience system, like putting a star or an "important" label on something.

Rorre and Pengw1n like this.
  9. Pengw1n

Pengw1n Moderately Informed Staff Member

That's an excellent idea actually. That Rudolpho is just the label for gear you want to find easily, but you always have access to everything (we can imagine it's instantaneously sending Rudolpho back to the Keep to pick stuff up - if we have problem with practicality vs immersion).

10. Shinigami

Shinigami Kobold

I guess we all just want Favorites tab (or label or whatever) for easy access to most useful items. Indeed it would be nice.

11. SurgeonFish

SurgeonFish Automaton Moderator Staff Member

A favorites would help. Me personally i would want a way to search for the individual cards and bring up each item that has that card in it. This would help with 45mins-1hour of setting up characters by searching every item because i want to organize every item that has that card in it and see which ones i want.

skip_intro likes this.
  12. Sir Knight

This is available in the text search box.

Unfortunately, it WILL also return items that happen to have a card-like name, e.g., "Sparking."

13. barbalatte

barbalatte Mushroom Warrior

I too want the option to sort out crap cards at once when I find them.

14. skip_intro

skip_intro Ogre

This. Very much this.

15. Sir Knight

Uh.
    No commentary?

16. SurgeonFish

I havnt seen any option for this and gary doesn't explain it

17. Sir Knight

It's to the right of the drop-down menu. From left to right, there's the drop-down ("All Items" by default), then the drop-down's "Show All" button, then the text box for search, then the five "Sort by" buttons.

Perhaps it needs to be more attention-grabbing.

skip_intro likes this.
  18. Kaerius

Kaerius Orc Soldier

Another sorting thing I would love to see is to exclude items without drawback cards, to exclude items with drawback cards, or show all(current). Particularly the show only items with drawback cards, for those challenges.

19. skip_intro

skip_intro Ogre

Yes, I knew you could use it to filter out items, but I didn't guess it worked for cards too. Many thanks!

20. SurgeonFish

*cough* now i feel dumb