A numerical analysis of MP builds

Discussion in 'Deck Building' started by Yth, Nov 26, 2013.

1. spacedust

spacedust Goblin Champion

Oh no, you have found out the secret of B-school. How will we ever justify charging exorbitant tuition fees now? :D
    I agree that it might be more intuitive to plot means on X and deviation on Y, which I will have a look at doing when I get back into the office. The reason why I set it up this way, however, was so that you could see how much deviation you were 'paying' in order to 'purchase' a higher mean. I.e., in exchange for 'spending' more variance/lumpiness, you would get a higher mean in exchange. That's why standard risk-return plots normally have risk on X and returns on Y: it serves as a measure of how much risk you take on in order to achieve a higher return.
    In this plot, you can see that some points are above the regression line. If I can figure out how to display labels for those points in SPSS, they would denote weapons that have a better than average risk-return ratio. Watch this space...

2. Martin K

Martin K Goblin Champion

Yeah, well, I found that out after paying those exorbitant fees.

It does make sense from a sales perspective. "Look, if we just slide the risk a bit to the right, how much more return we get!" when in fact, the thinking should rather be "well, if we aim for higher average return, look how our risk goes up!"
    ... and that's why we have financial crises.

// sorry for the OT, back to topic.

spacedust likes this.
  3. spacedust

spacedust Goblin Champion

I would like to do so. Besides copying and pasting from the wiki (the shameful thing is that I made that Excel file with damage values from memory, when I could have spent brainspace learning important things like... I dunno), I can't think of any other way to get values. Does anybody know how to do a data dump from the wiki?

I love spending quality time with data. Financial researchers have a fetish for data...