A lot of Move cards

Discussion in 'Bugs' started by Stefan, Jun 20, 2013.

1. Stefan

Stefan Mushroom Warrior

I have played the last 2 patches and I keep getting an OVERWELLING amount of Move cards all of my players only have 5 or 6 move cards and I'm not including Moving Attack cards.
    Many times I get move cards, play them out and get 2 or 3 more on the next turn, To have this happen every 2 or 3 games is ok. But when its happening something like 3 out of 4, its hard to fight if attack cards don't get drawn.

2. skip_intro

skip_intro Ogre

Rebuild your deck. It's the items you're putting in there that's causing the issue, if it's happening that often and that much.

+1 for the Blue Oyster Cult cover, btw.

3. Assussanni

Assussanni Ogre

What level are you? I briefly felt like I was having the same problem somewhere around levels 6 - 8 as I opened up more item slots but couldn't find anything good to go in them. This is especially true of the racial slot which, if I remember correctly, simply adds three Walk cards to your deck. At level 6 in particular none of the classes' new item slot adds attacking capability by default (Helmet for Warriors, Shield for Priests and Racial Skill for Wizards) and it can feel like your deck has been diluted until you find better items.

4. Stefan

Stefan Mushroom Warrior

Well I'm level 11 and have a good range of cards in play.
    My wizard have Arcane items - skills, Staves and robe without any type of Movement, So that leaves just the Black Leather Boots and Advanced Evasion that have Moves.

My Warrior have moves on Rusted Iron Boots Apprentice Evasion and not a move as such but jump back on the Coward's Shield any weapon based moves are step attacks.

My Priest has moves on Nimble Chain Boots Untrained Insight as well as the Coward's Shield I need ti get better moves here, lol.

It's Mostly my Warrior that gets the Move cards, its painful to have to run away when attacks just don't get drawn.
    I change sets from Chop to Penetrating, with little or no difference.

5. Haxzploid

Haxzploid Ogre

Is your warrior by any chance named Sir Robin?

skip_intro and Zblugg like this.
  6. Proxiehunter

Proxiehunter Orc Soldier

I'm not finding a lot of decent boots that don't have move cards and depending on your characters race (Elves, I'm looking at you!) it can be difficult to find a racial skill that doesn't add move cards.

7. Zblugg

Zblugg Kobold

"Good Sir Robin ran away!"

Haxzploid, I lolled. Lolled very, very hard.

8. seikojin

seikojin Kobold

Not to really Necro the thread, but this bug still occurs. I have reduced the number of move cards in my deck, but I get more 'Dash' Move cards than I have in my deck. Also I get a lot of move cards instead of other cards.

Attached Files:

9. Proxiehunter

Proxiehunter Orc Soldier

You're aware that every Elf is going to draw at least one Dash card per round regardless of the number in your deck, right? The same with Dwarves and Walk and Humans and Run. It's how they ensure you get to move every round instead of being stuck without move cards. Now, if Toy Everdale draws 2 dashes in a round more than twice before your deck gets reshuffled then something is probably wrong.

10. seikojin

seikojin Kobold

I figured that was the case, but I think that is a poor implimentation. Empty sockets offer basic cards, some of which are move cards, so I do not see why forcing a racial move card is needed when they can enforce drawing a move card from the existing pile.

I will chck to see if toy gets multiple dashes despite having one or none.

11. Sir Knight

Sir Knight Sir-ulean Dragon

Poor implementation? I'm not sure how to respond there. "Enforcing a Move card from the existing pile" will stop the instant you put something in that slot with no Move card. Therefore, they can "enforce" next to nothing about how many Move cards you bring. They discussed their implementation of this default Move system back here:

http://www.cardhunter.com/2011/08/dev-diary-3-movement

Though they've changed the Elf card since then.

As far as I can tell, you can reduce the entirety of your deck down to one Move card (of your choice, on your Boots) and one default Move card.

12. seikojin

seikojin Kobold

I think it would be more ideal to have the draw check if you have extra move cards or not. If so, then use those and disregard your free racial move card. Once the deck is depleated of those extra move cards, cycle to the racial.

Come to think of it, I think I have seen cards not from the racial free one, recycle despite them all being used.

13. Kalin

Kalin Begat G'zok

Yeah, the first and third of those Dashes are your racial move (you can tell because racial moves are always revealed).

There still seems to be a bug here, though: it shouldn't be possible to have three cards to the right of your racial move (unless one is Officer's Harness). Did the Counterspell fail its roll? Because I think I saw something similar with one of my blocks once.

14. seikojin

seikojin Kobold

Counterspell was not used during that battle.

15. Forlorn

Forlorn Orc Soldier

How do we know you didn't pass the prior turn and keep one of those move cards? It looks like you kept one dash, got another dash as part of your racial, drew a dash out of your deck (your deck has one dash inbetween your rusty armor and little spark) and you have three walk cards because you no elf skill equipped.

You drew an unlucky trash hand, but if you optimized your deck more you could minimize the occurrence of this. Keep farming and hope you get some elf skills, or just buy some pizza if you don't have the patience.

16. Stefan

Stefan Mushroom Warrior

Looks like the to many moves thing is happening again.

As my warrior does not have this many Walk cards, in fact he only has one.
    I cannot work out how to show two pictures with text between so Ill add the next in the following post.

[​IMG]

17. Stefan

Stefan Mushroom Warrior

Then how is it that there are three Walk cards getting dawn?
    [​IMG]

18. skip_intro

skip_intro Ogre

You might have drawn the one copy of the Walk card you have in your hand, plus two round's worth of standard racial moves and not discarded any?

19. Stefan

Stefan Mushroom Warrior

I only have the race base 1 Walk card so I don't know how this can happen?
    I have two Charge and two Dash cards and the turn before I used a Walk.
    Sorry for not keeping the battle log, Ill keep playing with this Item set and try to have it when it happens again.
    So when there are so many more cards that could be drawn how is it that I get so many Walk cards?

20. Alright, let me run this by you

The racial movement card in NOT in your deck, even if it shows that it might be in it. It´s just a reminder that this is the race´s default movement card. Since it´s not in your deck, how should i draw it? You might ask. Well, you draw a copy of it every turn. When you start your turn, you do not draw three cards, instead you get a copy of each character´s racial movement card, then those characters draw two cards. Those copies are a must and are always drawn. Dwarves, Humans and Elves get a Walk, a Run and a Dash respectivelly at the beggining of each turn and they are revealed as a rule

If this were not the case, the game would be called Card Whirlwinds ;P