A Legendary Drops -- Would you want treasure or a random item?

Discussion in 'Card Hunter General Chat' started by Avarice, Jan 22, 2014.

?

Legendary Loot Drop: Would you rather get a treasure or a random item that you can sell for 1,000g?

1. The Legendary Treasure! I like money!

47.4%
  2. A Random Legendary Item!

52.6%
  1. Avarice

Avarice Goblin Champion

Just what the title says -- There's a Legendary in the chest! Would you rather it was treasure, or a completely random item?

And no, you can't say "I'll take it if it's item X." It could be a completely useless item to you -- You Takes Your Chances!

-----

Bah! I screwed up the title. It should read "Would you rather have a random legendary item or a treasure that you can sell for 1000g."

The edit feature won't allow me to change it now.

2. Jarmo

Jarmo Snow Griffin

A random item as I already have enough money to buy anything from Randimar's. This way there is at least a small chance it could be a good item.

3. Questor

Questor Ogre

i dont care which, since 50% of the legendaries are utter crap, 30% are useless, 15% are not worth the tag "legendary" and the chance to see some of the 5% are slim to none

4. I agree with Questor. I would rather take the money because there are so many weak legendaries out there. I would rather spend the money to buy a couple of nice epics.

5. Sir Veza

Sir Veza Farming Deity

A random item, preferably one selected by a different RNG than the one currently giving me the same things over and over.
    Gold I have.

6. Oberon

Oberon Hydra

Gold is a lot easier to come by than a legendary item. If you know what you're doing you can easily make 1000 gold in a single day (more isn't that hard), which is only 2/5 of the way to a legendary from Randimar's. However, in that same amount of time you likely wouldn't pull a single legendary (treasure or otherwise). Outside of your first play through of the campaign, you can only get a legendary by the grace of the RNG, and as everyone knows the RNG can be a cruel bastard.

To each their own, but I'd rather see a Legendary item.

7. Aeldaar

Aeldaar Kobold

I would prefer the item. If I wanted good badly enough I could just buy it, but there's no way to get legendaries. I consider this a design flaw! In magic or team fortress or what have you, seeing rare items used in interesting ways inspires players to get those items, but in this game they just don't exist until you roll the one in ten thousand chance

8. Kalin

Kalin Begat G'zok

I want at least one of everything, including treasures.

9. Guises

Guises Goblin Champion

Treasure for sure. That goes for all rarities - I'd much rather get a treasure of known value than a random item of random value (usually crap).

I think it's mostly PvP players who are rolling in gold, I make less than 500/week.

10. Jarmo

Jarmo Snow Griffin

The amount of gold one has is directly related to how much one plays, be it MP or SP. Also, if you want to maximize the earnings, just grind the first two battles of the two goblin diamond adventures. They produce 250 - 300 gold per hour played with a decent Firestorm build. Their loot table is different to the rest of the adventures, they drop 40-50 % treasure.