9th level

Discussion in 'Card Hunter General Chat' started by btmarine, Oct 8, 2013.

1. Mirkel

Mirkel Goblin Champion

I can remember those levels being a bit rough on the warrior, but it gets a lot better, especially once the level 11 shop opens up and you can buy some decent cheap weapons. Parries help a lot as has already been mentioned, as do spears and step attacks.

2. Sam Jones

Sam Jones Mushroom Warrior

I remember that phase. There's a couple weapons coming up that are really helpful with that. The sword you get for the Woodholme quest is okay. I think I kept losing my warrior in those fights, but I scraped through. The Return to Woodholme sword is *great*. I loaded the warrior with lots of step and attacks, and he was pretty instrumental in Lord Stafford's Treasure, but he tended to die there, too.

At level 12, I got my hands on leaden plate. If I last until I get both of those and the officer's harnesses, that's around 7-8 points of damage soak on average. Now my elf wizard is the one I can't keep alive.

3. hatchhermit

hatchhermit Hydra

Could you please link to us the load out your party is using? Maybe we could give you some pointers on what your warrior has equipped. There's a way to get the info. Press F1 to open the console and type in partyanddecksbbcode to get something you can post.

4. btmarine

btmarine Kobold

5. hatchhermit

hatchhermit Hydra

Thanks for linking that info!

I think you should equip 2 more weapons and see if that helps. Everything else looks fine. If you can find a weapon that gives you range, like something with the word 'Stab' in it, or something with 'Chop' that'll help your DPS over all.

Make sure you position yourself so only one will hit you. Even if that means passing until they move to you. When they get close, move in so only one can hit you. Then unload on that one minion. Focus fire on a single guy, kill it, and their damage will drop each round considerably.

Good luck!

6. btmarine

btmarine Kobold

I was swapping the weapons out, I use a burnished blade
    and a spear usually

7. btmarine

btmarine Kobold

I have noticed you have to be a lot more patient with warrior and burn turns to draw cards, while moving away. Its tedious, but it works.

8. hatchhermit

hatchhermit Hydra

Oh, ok, cool. Yeah, that's what you'll need to do until he can take more punishment or you can keep up with your priest.

9. progammer

progammer Ogre

lvl 9 is when you start getting your first 1-2 minor tokens. For warrior, the most bang for your buck is to spend that token on weapon, always. Weapon with minor token costs definitely can do more than 6 dmg on avarage. Even if it doesnt, it should still have some big dmg card (7+) and some low dmg (3) mixed together. If you don't have them, I suggest looking at the normal shop for some. (Not the rare shops, that dagger is not worth it if you are new to the game, unless you know how to play around negative trait, that gold is better spent buy more standard strong item at your level range, for uncommon, 25g, rares for 100g.

Edit: I think what's the problem now. At lvl 9 your latest shop is a lvl 6 shop. Chances are, they wont stock particularly strong item with minor token costs. Your best bet is to replay some other adventure for some drop (if you are unlucky enough that no decent item has dropped for you all the way since lvl 6-7)

10. btmarine

btmarine Kobold

Its getting better, I switched to spears and running away. I removed most healing and the cleric divine weapons are actually way better than warriors so I have dwarf cleric in melee now. He destroys stuff.

11. progammer

progammer Ogre

Glad to hear, the fun of the game is adapting :) Good luck on future advantures.

12. Forduc

Forduc Orc Soldier

Actually they can't that easily. I have only one with single power token, Oversized Pick, which I wouldn't recommend for obvious reasons. Even double minors weapons with over 6 average damage are rare and usually come with drawback.

Might be that I've just been unlucky, but that's with quite a lot more play than people reaching level 9.

13. hatchhermit

hatchhermit Hydra

Great! Let us know how it goes.