4th Class

Discussion in 'Feedback and Suggestions' started by doog37, Nov 21, 2014.

1. direndai

direndai Kobold

IMO visible traps dont make much sense, since wizards are pretty strong on that field (obstructions, damage at the beginning of the next turn, etc.). To me trap is something that triggers once an unknowing victim walks into it.

I think with Rogue class ''hidden moves'' will need to be implemented - opponent should not be able to know what cards Rogues (and perhaps other classes as well) just played. That would solve many theoretical problems And bring a new twist to the game.

Sir Veza likes this.
  2. Sir Veza

Sir Veza Farming Deity

True, which is why I don't see the old standards (deadfalls, pit traps, dart or needle traps, etc.) being useful in a game where your opponent can see everything you're doing. All the stealthy traps in the p&p RPGs I played were either painstakingly crafted mechanically or produced by magic considerably faster. Logic often goes out the window in CCGs, so I guess anything, including an armor-piercing frisbee mine (range 4, burst 1, invisible), is possible.

direndai likes this.
  3. direndai

direndai Kobold

• My vacation just started and I have too much time on my hands. :p

Note: I was writing this before I saw Sir Veza's post and used warrior slots as a starting point, with ''rogue tools'' instead of the second weapon and shield.
      [​IMG]
      Boots and Racial Skills are shared with other classes, everything else is Rogue stuff.

Here are some item/card examples:

Weapons:
      Acupuncture Needle
      3x Anesthethic: Power 3, Range 1, Penetrating, Backstab=Stun1
      3x Severe Misunderstanding: Power 2, Range 1, Penetrating, Backstab= Bleed(3turns for 3)
      Small Bow
      1x Oaken arrow: Power 2, Range 6, Penetrating, Backstab= double damage, Invisibility= double damage.
      2x Shadow arrow: Power 3, Range 5, Penetrating, Invisibility= double damage, if saving roll 4 retain invisibility
      2x Lucky shot: Power 4, Range 15, Backstab= double, If saving roll 3, double the damage, if not, 0 damage.
      1x Achoo: Trait; remove invisibility from self
      Bless you!

Tools:
      Gloves of the Spider-Man
      - Climber: Ability; If starting a move adjacent to blocking terrain, treat that terrain as normal. Cantrip.
      - Spidernet shield: Block melee (roll 4); If succesfull, remove another attack card from attackers hand.
      - Four legs: move card; move 2, cantrip, walk 2 before the end of this turn.
      Rangers Manual:
      2x Attentive observation: Reveal invisibility(characters, traps) 4 around the caster.
      1x Deactivate trap: ,take 2 damage
      Cats meow:
      2x Mouse trap: trap, Range(=how far away can you place it, once placed it only exists on one square) 3; when triggered=3 damage.
      1x Cornered: trap, Range 2, doesnt break your invisibility; create invisible trap, when triggered=halt, discard all move cards

Rogue Skill:
      Advanced Stealth:
      2x Invisibility: trait; all invisibility actions played by you stay invisible for 4 more turns or until an action that breaks invisibility.
      1x Camouflage: trait 2turns, if adjacent to blocking terrain, all move cards gain dodge (can be auto-played as a response to an attack).
      Master Scouting:
      2x Scouting: trait 2turns, Range 4 around caster, at the end of your turn, all hidden characters and objects become visible.
      1x Eagle Eyes; Range cone4; see the hands of opponents (against their saving roll 3).
    ..I would love to play a rogue! :D

Last edited: Dec 24, 2014
  4. haho

haho Orc Soldier

I came across this today. Seems like a little hint one day there might be one

[​IMG]

Vakaz likes this.
  5. doog37

doog37 Hydra

^^^That might be a leftover from the Beta, as I believe they originally spec-ed the game with a rogue character...
    Where did you see that?

6. haho

haho Orc Soldier

i saw it in game yesterday. it was a comment for riddle of the gnome lords, i think

doog37 likes this.
  7. doog37

doog37 Hydra

WOW!!! that is a 180 from what I have read... or a weird glitch involving a file left over from beta.

8. haho

haho Orc Soldier

I don't know if it was a glitch, it seemed normal. It seemed like it was part of regular 'commentary' that you see from time to time in certain maps.

Flaxative likes this.
  9. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

Melvin also speculates that we're going to introduce space cowboys next in some of the AotA dialogue. How seriously you want to take the commentary is up to you :)

10. haho

haho Orc Soldier

but i think there is a difference between that humorous commentary by melvin, and actual screenshot that this class was in the game (posted in the previous page), or being designed, or for whatever reason was removed/cancelled etc.

direndai likes this.
  11. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

The screenshot from the previous page was never 'the game,' any more than the cards "Defiant Armor" or "Tactical Move" or the red dragon or the scoreboard. That's a mockup from very very early development. Rogues have never been in the game. And "if BM ever gets around to releasing them" is probably a jab at ourselves that Jon threw in to acknowledge the "will they or won't they" of it all :)

Mr. Magnifico and Stexe like this.
  12. Sir Veza

Sir Veza Farming Deity

:mad: :mad: :mad: WHAT?!?!? :mad: :mad: :mad: No SPACE COWBOYS????? :mad: :mad: :mad:

Accent, direndai and Stexe like this.
  13. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

No one said anything.

direndai and Sir Veza like this.
  14. haho

haho Orc Soldier

Well that is one way of looking at it. but my view is that regardless of mockup or not, they had to make the art for those pieces... so that tells me there was some effort made and a consideration for what classes they wanted. and it seemed like at an early stage they were considering a rogue class, but for whatever reason it did not make it.

15. Sir Veza

Sir Veza Farming Deity

Of the four basic classes I think the three we have are the most useful in this style of game, and consider that the probable reason. Rogues could be almost as cool as space cowboys. For the record, Steve Miller was never a space cowboy. Hans Solo was.

Melancthon likes this.
  16. Mr. Magnifico

Mr. Magnifico Thaumaturge

Great. Now I'm thinking about what cards a Gangster of Love class would have.

Melancthon, Accent and Sir Veza like this.
  17. James Eisert

James Eisert Kobold

Did any one say why rouges or other classes are not going to be worked on? A programming problem? Gameplay problem? Or do they want the game to take off first before bothering to work on it?

18. Stexe

Stexe #2 in Spring PvP Season

Lots of other things to do first. They want to do Steam release, co-op, and probably more adventures and content for the current classes before releasing a new one. Remember, it is only like 1 and 1/2 + 1/2 + 1/2 people working on the game.

Flaxative likes this.
  19. Yxklyx

Yxklyx Mushroom Warrior

Would really like to see a Thief. As for traps you could have squares on the map that are shown as "suspicious" right from the start as long as you have a thief in the party (not sure how to represent these if there's a terrain attachment in the same square). The Thief's default card would be a dual-use move 2/3/4 (depending on race) & detect/disarm traps action.

20. Stexe

Stexe #2 in Spring PvP Season

That would be way too complex. Having hidden traps and searching for them would really just bog down gameplay.