2v2 Co-op and you, and one friend

Discussion in 'Card Hunter General Chat' started by Magic Elves, Mar 31, 2015.

1. Magic Elves

Magic Elves Thaumaturge

Recently, I've been extremely busy and have had little to no time for co-op, but people have still been clamoring for me to be on their co-op team. Today, I bring to you a solution for people that love co-op, but hate the overly long games! 2v2 co-op matches are an intresting way to spice up your co-op games, and play very differently from 3v3.

PROS:
    Shorter matches, about 15-25 minutes instead of 30-40.
    Easier to find a group to play with.
    Much easier to plan with only one other person to agree with.
    Intresting new balance.
    If 8 people want to play co-op, you can have a mini tournament.

CONS:
    You might leave out two people that wanted to play co-op.
    The victory point system gets kinda strange when there's only 4 points worth of characters on a team.
    You will get beaten by the invincible team of @Fifjunior7 and @Magic Elves , and they will drink your tears.

2. BlackVoidDeath

BlackVoidDeath Guild Leader

Most players are nice enough to leave if there are too many, but then again if a co-op game is starting up there can be 1 or 2 more players to make 8 and a mini tournament like you said above.
    Ask one of the players to make a custom map or if someone has a copy of a map with 4 VP max - most players can create a map in 20 mins or so, if ofc they dont get carried away with the Decal Doodads and spend 5 hours on it. ;)
    This one is the hardest, hmmm.... you could, and this is just a suggestion, but you could not play as a team and be on opposite teams, again that is just a suggestion, so if you two are tied together and cant be separated then you can discard this last suggestion :p

3. Kalin

Kalin Begat G'zok

4. BlackVoidDeath

BlackVoidDeath Guild Leader

Thats great, but its only 5 maps and 4 of them are the manor maps so i think making some more "timeless" and "automatic set VP score" maps would be nice, also some custom ones would be nice :)
    Dont get me wrong i appreciate your 5, 2 or 3 more would be great ;)

5. Sir Veza

Sir Veza Farming Deity

Mmm! Bitter tears with a pint of gin and a shot of Guinness. Really takes me back. :cool:

BlackVoidDeath likes this.