2nd Peasant Tourney - Round 2 Pairings

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Flaxative, Jun 12, 2015.

1. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

Notice: To all involved in the 2nd Card Hunter Peasant Tournament, the following is required reading. For anyone who wants to spectate, it is recommended reading :)

Remember, for reference, that 0 UTC is when the server resets (shops & adventures restock).

I'd like to thank everyone for being timely so far. Round 1 was a huge success.

Round 2 Pairings

1. @Robauke (1-0) vs. @HisRoyalHygiene (1-0)
    time: 12:30 UTC Monday 6/15
    ref: Flaxative & CT5
    winner: Robauke (2-1)
    VIDEO

2. @Pawndawan (0-1) vs. @WhiteSorcerer (0-1)
    time: 14:00 UTC Monday 6/15
    winner: WhiteSorcerer (2-0)
    VIDEO

3. @Scarponi (1-0) vs. @Merdis (1-0)
    time: 15:30 UTC Monday 6/15
    ref: Flaxative
    winner: Merdis (2-1)
    VIDEO

4. @LieutenantCommanderData (1-0) vs. @Juxtapostion (1-0)
    time: 18:00 UTC Monday 6/15
    ref: Flaxative
    winner: Juxtapostion (2-1)
    VIDEO

5. @RedNebula (0-1) vs. @timeracers (0-1)
    time: 19:30 UTC Monday 6/15
    winner: RedNebula (2-0)
    VIDEO

6. @MathuranF (0-1) vs. @killz1994 (0-1)
    time: 22:00 UTC Monday 6/15
    winner: MathuranF (2-0)
    VIDEO

7. @Xayrn (0-1) vs. @Fifjunior7 (0-1)
    time: 23:30 UTC Monday 6/15
    ref: Stexe
    winner: Fifjunior7 (2-0)
    VIDEO
    8. @Rebel7284 (1-0) vs. @kustaa (1-0)
    time: 0:30 UTC Tuesday 6/15
    ref: Stexe
    winner: kustaa (2-0)
    VIDEO

Reminder: try to be in the multiplayer lobby a few minutes ahead of your match. Look for your opponent and your referee. If you're 5 or more minutes late, you start forfeiting games! I recommend for the purposes of sideboarding that you all store your peasant builds for quick retrieval, as you'll only have 4 minutes between games to make any gear changes.

Maps will be struck & selected for a given match at the time of the match.

Thank you all for your cooperation, with luck we'll be done with this round in only a single day. We might be able to do both rounds 2 & 3 in the same week, in which case we'd easily finish this tournament before EttSC.

Last edited: Jun 15, 2015
    Juxtapostion, Fifjunior7, CT5 and 2 others like this.
  2. If 1800 UTC Monday = 1100 PDT Monday then I am good to go.

3. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

It does. :)

4. kustaa

kustaa Lizardman Priest

Ahh, that's during the NBA Finals Game 5. If @Rebel7284 is okay with it could we push our match back an hour or two so it's after the game is over?

Also, @Flaxative, updated times: I should be free UTC 21:00 to 5:00 for the remainder of the tournament so you have more flexibility in scheduling.

5. Rebel7284

Rebel7284 Ogre

Does moving it an hour or two earlier work? I am probably going to be very tired Monday (coming home late Sunday after travel and then a full day of work).

For refrence I am in USA EST timezone.

6. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

2:00 UTC Monday is late Sunday night for you (10 p.m. EST).

The refs can't do earlier, and probably neither can you if you're coming home late Sunday after travel.

We could push it to 0 UTC Tuesday (that's 8.p.m. Monday for you, Rebel). I'm going to have to ask you to make yourself available during the time slot you gave me (0-3 UTC), and if you can't do it Sunday evening your time (and Sunday evening your time seems to not work well for @kustaa either), then we can do it Monday evening your time, if that sounds good to both of you. If you can't agree to this time, I'll either have to shuffle the pairings around or spread the round out over several days. Thanks for your cooperation, I hope we find something that works well.

:)

Thank you!

7. Rebel7284

Rebel7284 Ogre

Oh yeah, date changing after midnight thing. :)

Monday 8PM EST works great.

Flaxative likes this.
  8. kustaa

kustaa Lizardman Priest

Works for me too!

Flaxative likes this.
  9. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

This is the part where I'm a jerk and actually reschedule you for 0:30 UTC Tuesday / 8:30 p.m. EST Monday (30 minutes after the reset), because there was already a match scheduled for 30 minutes before the reset. Hope the 30 min difference isn't a deal breaker :\

kustaa likes this.
  10. Rebel7284

Rebel7284 Ogre

Tis fine

Flaxative likes this.
  11. Rebel7284

Rebel7284 Ogre

Good thing we moved the match. I never got home last night. Huge delays on the buses -> missed the last commuter train -> slept over at a friend's house. Going straight to work now. All in all, things worked out reasonably well. I even had a clean change of clothing left. :)

Flaxative likes this.
  12. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

First two matches of the round are over, with Robauke and WhiteSorcerer winning. Robauke is the first person in the tournament to guarantee pizza prizes for himself, congratulations! Next match in about 50 minutes.

Robauke and CT5 like this.
  13. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

Merdis wins 2-1 vs. Scarponi in a really tight match! I've started adding video links to the first post in this thread as matches happen.

Rebel7284 and CT5 like this.
  14. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

Juxtapostion wins 2-1 over LieutenantCommanderData. RedNebula wins 2-0 over timeracers. Videos for both matches are in the pairings post. Thanks for playing!

Next match is in one hour, with CT5 and I recording together.

Huge thanks to @Stexe for volunteering to referee & record the final two matches of the round later today.

Sir Veza and Stexe like this.
  15. Rebel7284

Rebel7284 Ogre

Out of curiosity, how will you guys synchronize this? Will you just pick one of the recordings to go live or will there be two sets of videos? Or will this be a single video with both of you speaking via video conference?

16. Scarponi

Scarponi Moderator

My guess, they'll be in the same room.

CT5 and Flaxative like this.
  17. Rebel7284

Rebel7284 Ogre

Woa, analog meatspace. So Retro.

CT5 and Sir Veza like this.
  18. Stexe

Stexe #2 in Spring PvP Season

Matches:

(Xayrn vs. Fifjunior7)

(Rebel7284 vs. kustaa)

Fifjunior7, CT5 and kustaa like this.
  19. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

Thanks for refereeing and recording, Stexe! All round 2 matches are complete now. Results & videos are all in the first post of this thread. Round 3 pairings will be announced ASAP. Cheers to all participants—we once again had perfect attendance! Wow!

Merdis and CT5 like this.
  20. Juxtapostion

Juxtapostion Hydra

Love the commentary "I bet juxt is really mad" , indeed, and @CT5 you were dead on, I totally forgot about impaler...

Thanks for recording and posting these they are tons of fun to watch!

CT5 and Flaxative like this.