1 hp quests

Discussion in 'Card Hunter General Chat' started by karadoc, Jul 29, 2013.

1. karadoc

karadoc Hydra

So - the 1 HP quest condition actually works now.

It seems to me that this particular quest is far far more difficult than any of the other quest conditions. I haven't yet made a determined effort to win with it yet, but I'm guessing that there are only going to be a handful of modules where it's possible (without a huge amount of attempts). Enemies with ranged attacks are going to be a massive problem.

I'm a bit interested to hear about people's successes and failures on this quest challenge.

2. attog

attog Mushroom Warrior

I made it through the ones vs. melee only opponents with a team of 3 elf mages. Frost, winds of war, etc. Definitely the most challenging of all the bonus scenarios.

3. Wozarg

Wozarg Thaumaturge

I did dragon one but it took me like 50 turns and a weird far fetched strategy :p They are all possibly but i would still like to see this one changed to something less try to abuse stuff and more of a play tight and take little damage.

4. Megadestructo

Megadestructo Shark Card

Moving as this seems to be more about discussing the 1 HP Quests rather than having a problem or suggestion regarding them. Please correct me if I'm wrong and I will undo my stuffs. :)

5. progammer

progammer Ogre

I did a few low lvl one with team wizard resistant hide + firestorm (there's some pretty crazy no-tokens firestorm item out there). It's definitely possible vs ranged enemy. The strategy is basically wall in, stall, wait till you draw resistant hide, then nuke.

6. Nolan Murphy

Nolan Murphy Kobold

Oh wow when I was doing these before update I thought it meant I could only give them one point, meaning no party deaths AND no zone control for enemy. But actually 1 hp? This will provide more of a challenge! (Just kidding, this will be impossible for me)

7. Sir Knight

Sir Knight Sir-ulean Dragon

8. Wozarg

Wozarg Thaumaturge

9. Logan Hawkthorne

Logan Hawkthorne Mushroom Warrior

where are these quest challenges? I can't see any!!
    :cool: <- blind smiley

10. Assussanni

Assussanni Ogre

I think they only unlock once you have completed the campaign. At least they did for me; does anyone know if this has changed?

My final suggestion for the game (it looks like it will be released soon!) would be to unlock quests earlier. I've been intending to start a thread/find an old thread and explain my reasoning since the weekend but I somehow haven't managed to get round to it yet...

Logan Hawkthorne likes this.
  11. Logan Hawkthorne

Logan Hawkthorne Mushroom Warrior

ah so, thank you!

12. Cordalinge

Cordalinge Mushroom Warrior

I agree...it's définitly the most difficult challenge...and for sure, i quickly understood that it was, for me, a dedicated mage challenge and a lot of luck for drawing good cards at the first turn !

I made something like 10 of them on low levels...Now i've stopped winting for the official release..too tough..

By the way, keep a lot of money...in challenge, one loose needs money..you don't have 3 chances as in the first campaign mode...for this one they should let you the 3 chances before choosing to pay or loose...

13. Boozie

Boozie Kobold

Can someone confirm if you have to wait to beat the campaign for these to unlock? I haven't seen any quests as far as I can tell.

14. attog

attog Mushroom Warrior

Yes you have to beat the campaign first to see these.

Boozie likes this.
  15. Boozie

Boozie Kobold

Okay, good to know.

16. Sir Knight

Sir Knight Sir-ulean Dragon

Much discussion happened over here:

http://www.cardhunter.com/forum/threads/when-or-how-are-quests-unlocked.1640

It also includes Assussanni, though I don't know if that's the thread you wanted.

As discussed, I feel that this defeats a lot of the purpose of quests. It will also be somewhat weird if they keep this "unlock after adventure completion" rule if and when adventures go up to level 50.