1 hp quest party

Discussion in 'Card Hunter General Chat' started by Eusix, Sep 20, 2013.

1. Eusix

Eusix Orc Soldier

So lets see if the bbcode below works.
    But I've been starting on the 1hp quests, and would love to get some feedback from fellow players on my setup, or post their own.

I'm running 3 elf wizards.
    Using as many cycle cards as I can with resiliant hide and flame attacks.
    They are intentionally level 4 (as this point) since that's the lowest slots you can have while having armor.

Thoughts? Feedback?

Edit: So far have cleared the 1st five 1-hp quests and will work on the others have I find time.

Elf Wizard
    Level 4 Elf Wizard

1 x Run
    2 x Firestorm
    1 x Squeamish
    1 x Hardy Mail
    2 x Hot Spot

Elf Wizard
    Level 4 Elf Wizard

1 x Run
    2 x Firestorm
    1 x Squeamish
    1 x Hardy Mail
    2 x Hot Spot

Elf Wizard
    Level 4 Elf Wizard

1 x Run
    4 x Firestorm
    1 x Squeamish
    1 x Hardy Mail
    2 x Hot Spot

2. Barkam

Barkam Mushroom Warrior

Thanks for sharing, Eusix! I'll give it a shot. The 1hp quest is the hardest one.

3. Guises

Guises Goblin Champion

You seem to be extremely well equipped. How did you get three Staffs of the Inferno? And the great robes, too.

You don't have to answer that, but ****: I hope that isn't what it takes to complete these quests.

4. HD23

HD23 Orc Soldier

In my opinion, the 1 HP quests should be done last. If you don't have good gear, certain missions are incredibly luck based and merely an exercise in frustration. I probably spent 300 gold last night beating Against the Cockroaches with a team very similar to the above. The other quests are challenging, but not insanely so.

5. Articblade

Articblade Kobold

Can someone enlighten a newbie such as myself what the 1Hp quest is about?

Is it part of the standard content or is the some trigger based on requirement? ( I am only level 12 in campaign)

6. Guises

Guises Goblin Champion

The quests happen after you finish the campaign - you revisit all of the old adventures but with some additional handicaps. If you win you get a chest with a guaranteed rare+ in it.

This particular quest involves beating the adventure with a party where each character has only one hp.

7. Eusix

Eusix Orc Soldier

Just figured I'd update this with my current questing party.
    With the below group I cleared the Gladitorial Arena, Qualifiers on Quest: All your levels are reduced to 1.
    Also cleared the Garnet Demon Portal on Quest: All your levels are reduced to 2.
    Using dwarfs obviously for their higher health pool.
    Items are similar to first post with only a few small tweaks.

Edit: Also cleared the under-leveled quests for Shrine of the Astral Guardians, Citrine Demon Portal, Riddle of the Gnome Lords, and Secret of the Gnome Lords with this team. And if anyone wants a challenge, the last board for the Secret of the Gnome Lords took me like 20+ tries before I had the perfect card draw. Level 4 Dwarf Wizards are OP!

DWiz1
    Level 4 Dwarf Wizard

DWiz2
    Level 4 Dwarf Wizard

DWiz3
    Level 4 Dwarf Wizard

8. smeata

smeata Mushroom Warrior

How is 1hp Slub Gut's Sanctum possable?

9. Bearson Onyx

Bearson Onyx Goblin Champion

Been doing them myself, the low level ones are relatively easy and no doubt that a trio of mages is the way to go.
    however I would recommend maybe to equip your mages with wizard's cotton robes for that double arcane aura
    in levels where the enemies aren't ranged fire\lightning type. it seems to work well as the later levels' lots of hp monsters need a high output of damage to kill relatively quickly. this will ofcourse prevent you from using firestorm. I found that it's worth it when you're facing few but really tough oponnents.

10. Eusix

Eusix Orc Soldier

Actually I just checked and I have only done the "No Party Deaths" quest on Slub Gut's Sanctum. Agreed that this one will be quite challenging.

Bearson, appreciate the thoughts on the cotton robes, I'll definitely give it a look for high damage output. :)

11. HD23

HD23 Orc Soldier

I don't exactly remember how, but I did it, so it is possible. I imagine I used lots of force spells to keep everything out of range 2 as much as possible.

12. Eusix

Eusix Orc Soldier

Just cleared Secret of the Gnome Lords on 1hp with my level 4 dwarf wizard party.