Comments on Profile Post by mikey76500

1. Flaxative
    Flaxative
    What is a map rotation you LIKE?
    Apr 2, 2016
  2. mikey76500
    mikey76500
    @Flaxative: The last Ranked map rotation I GENUINELY liked [Ranked 'cause I don't play League, 'cause infested with "Purple People Eaters"--my nickname for 1500+ers] was Halloween 2015's. The maps were way more balanced, there, in my experience:
    Apr 3, 2016
  3. mikey76500
    mikey76500
    Necromancer's Heaven was geared towards ELVES more so than any type. Haunted Graveyard's VP area wasn't sitting in the middle of no-man's land where you could get blasted in all direction by triple-wizard teams, so, it ended up being pretty Melee-heavy, 9 times out of 10, which meant that Wizards weren't god-tier, there.
    Apr 3, 2016
  4. mikey76500
    mikey76500
    Only Dungeon Of Decay felt like it was geared towards Wizzes, and even then, I didn't mind so much, 'cause the other 2 maps seemed to balance that out, and that's my overall problem with MP, in general; lack of balance and diversity. Nearly every rotation since feels the same...
    Apr 3, 2016
  5. mikey76500
    mikey76500
    ...V-squares in wide open spaces where Wizards can snipe without fear of penalty or risk 'cause Obliterating Spark and Winds Of War has a range of 6, and 'cause Cone of Cold has a range of 6 in a CONE pattern. Oh, and PLEASE don't get me started with Cardotron2000's Magic Using Unit.
    Apr 3, 2016
  6. mikey76500
    mikey76500
    This is why you'll almost never hear me complain about Campaign maps--some of the maps there would actually be good for MP if you put V-squares in the right places.
    Apr 3, 2016
  7. Flaxative
    Flaxative
    Ok, so you hate wizards. That's useful for processing your feedback. Unfortunately for you, warriors are considerably better than wizards, so we will continue to make ranked rotations that include maps on which wizards aren't automatically terrible. ;)
    Apr 3, 2016
  8. mikey76500
    mikey76500
    @Flaxative: ...and I don't mind that. I don't mind that at all, if there is balance and diversity. If all 3 [or 4] of the maps in a Ranked map rotation are all so geared towards wizards that they become nearly unplayable at around 1250 ranking or so without them due to the extremely debilitating attacks that Wizards can use...
    Apr 3, 2016
  9. mikey76500
    mikey76500
    ...THEN, I mind. See, while Warriors are considerably better than Wizards in the DAMAGE department, Wizards are considerably better in the RANGE department; you won't see what Warriors can actually do to you on any of these maps unless there's crowding on any of the current maps, or unless "______, Team!" or "Team ______" move cards are used...
    Apr 3, 2016
  10. mikey76500
    mikey76500
    ...since, after all, it's very rare that Warriors can use attacks with ranges higher than 2. Wizards, on the other hand, are much better fighters overall, though, seeing as how they can snipe at you from distances of up to 4, 6, 8 and even 10 with stuff like "Punishing Bolt", "Hot Spot"/"Wall Of Fire"/"Lava Pool", the aforementioned "Obliterating Spark",
    Apr 3, 2016
  11. mikey76500
    mikey76500
    ..."Dissolve Armor"/"Boiling Armor", Cold cards like the aforementioned "Cone Of Cold" that Encumber you...the infinity-range "Volcano" [which almost never fails to come along with the infinity-ranged "Bless", the infinity-ranged and extremely broken mess that is "Accelerate Time", or, in some cases, BOTH], and of course...
    Apr 3, 2016
  12. mikey76500
    mikey76500
    ...there's the impossible-to-cross-without-flight-or-teleportation water panels created by "Flash Flood", which, more often than not, even "Sprint, Team!" can't get around [especially on maps like Fool's Trap--that map wasn't properly thought out--it breaks the "Round 1 Flash Flood" rule in the "PvP Board Contest" thread].
    Apr 3, 2016
  13. mikey76500
    mikey76500
    There's also "Telekinesis"/"Gusts Of War"/"Winds Of War"/"Whirlwind"/"Whirlwind Enemies"/"Hypnotic Beacon", ALL of which force movement not within your control, and, in the case of "Hypnotic Beacon", not even "Stone Feet" prevents THAT moving you. Wizards are much more diverse, and, as a result, are much more dangerous, overall.
    Apr 3, 2016
  14. mikey76500
    mikey76500
    They have so many ways of killing any defenses you put up that it's insane, so, unless you can outmaneuver them, you're screwed. This is why board diversity and balance are really important--if, in a Ranked 4-board rotation, there was one board geared towards melee-fighting, one board geared towards sniping enemies down with range attacks,
    Apr 3, 2016
  15. mikey76500
    mikey76500
    ...and 2 boards where you could realistically utilize both styles of attack, that rotation would be much, MUCH better than a lot of the most recent rotations. Hence why I'm going through the arduous process of learning how to make boards--it's not that simple, since, in what few videos I can find covering it, the makers gloss over each step without taking beginners into account.
    Apr 3, 2016