Smithy- Build your own Items

Discussion in 'Feedback and Suggestions' started by Juxtapostion, May 21, 2015.

1. HOTSCHMALZ

HOTSCHMALZ Kobold

I'll give this a whirl.

First time item creation post, second post ever in these forums, so don't be too hard on me!

Firewalker's Rags

Lvl 6
    tokenless

Resistant Hide, Hover, Meltdown

I guess I'd put this at least at rare and up...probably epic. Great for getting Resistant Hide and two traits on your Wizard for no tokens!

2. Obernoob

Obernoob Hydra

There is a fomular after which the rarity of an item is created. Resistant Hide is Common, Hover is Uncommon and Meltdown is also Common. So this item will be Uncommon. I think it is a cool design and with a flavorful name it would be a really nice one.

3. HOTSCHMALZ

HOTSCHMALZ Kobold

Thanks! I wasn't aware that there was a formula for item rarity as well. Based on my research there were no robes with Resistant Hide and two traits at tokenless so I figured this one would have to be at least a rare.

The name was the best I could come up with at short notice. I'm sure there is something better out there. Coalwalker's Castoff Callous?

4. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

I think it would be common, not uncommon? Either way, cool item.

timeracers likes this.
  5. Pawndawan

Pawndawan Champion of Cardhuntria

Good thing is that Vakaz's Item Creator does a good job on calculating item rarity and level / token cost. @Flaxative is right about the rarity of your item. Common items can have uncommons up to 1/3 of the total cards.

Vakaz likes this.
  6. Fortaleza

Fortaleza Orc Soldier

But Meltdown is not a Trait (you do not draw a new card after using it).

timeracers likes this.
  7. HOTSCHMALZ

HOTSCHMALZ Kobold

Sigh you're totally right. Maybe combustible would fit?

8. j3st3ri

j3st3ri Thaumaturge

Or Brain Burn, if it has to be a trait.

I'd also suggest one of the paper quality fire spells as a possible substitute. (e.g. Firestorm or Burning Fingers)

9. Pawndawan

Currently Robe Of Lightness is the only tokenless robe/armor with two traits. Changing Meltdown to Combustible would make it certainly stronger. I think Brain Burn would be even stronger, because it doesn't push off any other attachments. Maybe those versions would be still within acceptable power level.

Nanny Cloak (lvl 6 tokenless, common) with 1x Resistant Hide, 2x Squeamish would be certainly pushing it.

10. Pattern it after a Hawaiian shirt and call it "Hot Tropic".

Pawndawan and Sir Veza like this.
  11. Pawndawan

Last edited: Sep 6, 2015
  12. There seems to be a lack of a good tokenless handicap shield.

Broken Umbrella
    lv6 Uncommon tokenless
    Auto Block
    Jarring Block
    Slowed

Not sure how usable this will be in MP though, since no one runs auto blocks due to the major token.

Fortaleza and Sir Veza like this.
  13. timeracers

timeracers Guild Leader

You call that good? Auto Block only has keep against AoE attacks, which aren't frequent. I might suggest this instead: Surging Block, Parry, Vulnerable.

Fortaleza likes this.
  14. Compared to the current tokenless handicap shields that's available? The shield was designed with campaign more in mind, such as with the astral shrine modules. That said, I would like to try auto block in MP without spending a major token. Besides, at worst auto block is like a wounded block without being wounded, so ignoring the fact that slowed sucks really hard, it's not a terrible catch all shield. I guess I could switch slowed for a decent trait, but I like the flavor.

15. Fortaleza

Fortaleza Orc Soldier

I suggest we get both :)

We do not have a max limit of new items :)

16. hello world

hello world Hydra

Ring of the friendly misanthrope
    Arcane item
    Epic
    level 4(4.5)
    Gusts of war
    Flash of pain
    Flash of pain

The legendary version with telekinesis would be less puzzling to new players that don't know about ctrl or how to change the targeting setting in the menu

So maybe:
    Arcane item
    Legendary
    Level 3
    Telekinesis
    Flash of pain
    Flash of pain

Last edited: Sep 7, 2015
  17. timeracers

timeracers Guild Leader

3 card items level is equal to the sum of the cards rating(not halved).

18. hello world

hello world Hydra

19. HOTSCHMALZ

HOTSCHMALZ Kobold

why not resistant hide, hover, and squeamish (MWHAHAHAH)?

20. timeracers

timeracers Guild Leader

It's a level 9 item.