Steam Wallet Non-Functional

Discussion in 'Support' started by Jon, Jul 13, 2015.

1. Jon

Jon Blue Manchu Staff Member

If Steam Wallet is non-functional in game (you press the Steam Wallet button and nothing happens) or the Steam overlay doesn't appear when you press shift-tab here are some things you can try.

Ensure Steam Overlay is enabled
    Make sure that the Steam overlay is enabled while in game. To do so, bring up the Steam properties (Windows) or settings (OS X) via the Steam menu. Select In-Game and then tick the "Enable the Steam Overlay while in-game" check-box.

On OS X, enable Universal Access
    1) Open System Preferences, go into "Security and Privacy", select Steam from the list and hit the - button to remove it. Then quit and restart Steam. Once Steam prompts you for "Universal Access", go turn it back on.

2) If that doesn't work, you may have to do some system hackery with Terminal, following the instructions here: http://forums.macrumors.com/threads/fix-for-steam-universal-access-glitch.1767253/

Quit Steam

Close System Preferences

Open Terminal and paste in the command:

sudo sqlite3 /Library/Application\ Support/com.apple.TCC/Tcc.db 'delete from access where client like "%Steam%"'

Go back into "Accessibility" under "Security and Privacy" in System Preferences and make sure Steam isn't listed.

Close System Preferences

Start Steam. When you start a game, Steam should ask you to turn on "Universal Access" for the Steam overlay. Use that to open System Preferences again.

Check the box next to Steam if it isn't already checked and close System Preferences.

Ensure game is running in direct render mode
    This should be the default, but if you changed the game to render in cpu mode (, this will prevent the Steam overlay appearing. You'll need to change the game back to direct mode or purchase through our web client (see below).

Use Paypal through web client
    If you still can't get the wallet overlay to appear, you can purchase through Paypal via our web client at:

http://game.cardhunter.com/

You will need a password to login via the web which you can set through the in-game menu options.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 24, 2015
  2. mathusala0

mathusala0 Kobold

I have both steam overlay enabled in the steam settings and in the game settings and cannot access it in game.

3. Jarmo

Jarmo Snow Griffin

Please send an email to support@cardhunter.com with the details of your problem. They will soon sort it out for you. Thanks!

Flaxative likes this.
  4. Daria T

Daria T Kobold

Same problem here, I did press the Steam Wallet button and nothing happened. I made sure that the Steam overlay is enabled while in game, but nothing. Could it be due to the lagging issues on Steam?

5. Jarmo

Jarmo Snow Griffin

Even yesterday it was taking a while before the Wallet overlay appeared. With today's high lag you might want to try waiting at least a couple of minutes to see if it comes up.

Can you see the general Steam overlay if you press Shift + Tab while in-game in Card Hunter? That comes up quickly and tells you that the Steam overlay is actually working. If it doesn't show, you probably still need to change some settings. The general Steam overlay is showing up immediately for me right now even despite the lag.

6. Daria T

Daria T Kobold

I'm trying to log back but... 30 minutes queue to log back ingame!! ^^' I'll be patient and then try!

7. Daria T

Daria T Kobold

No luck!! Nothing appears when I press Shift + Tab, but i checked Steam several times, closed and reopened .. it appears activated but I still can't buy the Basic game nor the expansions. :/

8. rumpel

rumpel Kobold

Same here. I discovered the game back in 2014 and re-discovered it on Steam today. Wanted to buy the Basic Edition to get me started but nothing appears for me either. Not even the usual Steam overlay. :(

9. Daria T

Daria T Kobold

Yeah, steam overlay does not appear !! Sigh

10. Daria T

Daria T Kobold

I kept it open after clicking "Steam Wallet" for half an hour and nothing happened.

11. Jarmo

Jarmo Snow Griffin

Can you open the overlay in some other Steam game?

12. Daria T

Daria T Kobold

Yes, it does work instantly in other games. I just tried in "The Scapists" and no problem at all.

13. Jarmo

Jarmo Snow Griffin

Ok, thanks for the info! I'm sure it will be helpful for the developers when they sort through this.

Just to double-check, could you please check the following:
    - right-click on "Card Hunter" in your Games list in the Steam Library screen
    - click Properties
    - on the General tab, check that "Enable the Steam overlay while in-game" is turned on

This is in addition to the instructions Jon posted in the first post of this thread. Even if the general Steam overlay setting is on, Card Hunter's game-specific overlay setting can be off and that would prevent the overlay from appearing.

I have both settings turned on and when I tested the Steam wallet button from the in-game Pizza shop it opened the overlay in a couple of seconds or less even with the high lag.

If you have both settings turned on and the Steam wallet button still does nothing, please send an email to support@cardhunter.com with the details of your problem. They will sort it out for you as soon as they can. Thanks!

14. Daria T

Daria T Kobold

Yes, I just checked this.. Steam overlay is also enabled specifically for this game but... nothing! I'll contact support. Many thanks!!!

15. j-wiz

j-wiz Blue Manchu Staff Member

In case you're on a Mac running Yosemite (like me) and run into this, there are a couple other things to try:

1) Open System Preferences, go into "Security and Privacy", select Steam from the list and hit the - button to remove it. Then quit and restart Steam. Once Steam prompts you for "Universal Access", go turn it back on.

2) If that doesn't work, you may have to do some system hackery with Terminal, following the instructions here: http://forums.macrumors.com/threads/fix-for-steam-universal-access-glitch.1767253/
    1. Quit Steam
    2. Close System Preferences
    3. Open Terminal and paste in the command:
      sudo sqlite3 /Library/Application\ Support/com.apple.TCC/Tcc.db 'delete from access where client like "%Steam%"'
    4. Go back into "Accessibility" under "Security and Privacy" in System Preferences and make sure Steam isn't listed.
    5. Close System Preferences
    6. Start Steam. When you start a game, Steam should ask you to turn on "Universal Access" for the Steam overlay. Use that to open System Preferences again.
    7. Check the box next to Steam if it isn't already checked and close System Preferences.

Jarmo, Daria T and Sir Veza like this.
  16. Daria T

Daria T Kobold

Thank you dear sir! Sadly my OS is Windows 7. I also tried disabling my MacAfee antivirus, but still no luck. :/