"Peasant" Card Hunter - Low-Powered PvP

Discussion in 'Card Hunter General Chat' started by Flaxative, Dec 10, 2013.

?

Vote Yes if you are interested in playing this format

1. Yes

97.5%
  2. 2.5%
  1. Robauke

Robauke Guild Leader

Legit Rares

There is a Peasant variation that is cool with rare items composed of common and uncommon cards only. Finding those 39 items might be a bit tedious.
    We will list them here so particiants of future peasant events dont overlook those options.

Arcane Item

Acidic Gland
    Blazing Stone
    Copper Amulet
    Copper Zapping Wand
    Horn Of Acid
    Magma Spiral

Arcane Skill

Focused Electromancy
    Focused Pyromancy
    Focused Teleportation

Boots

Dashing Boots

Divine Item

Bad Luck Charm
    Green Lotus Root
    Healing Relic
    Shoody Healing Token
    Spellstripper Relic

Divine Skill

Focused Cleansing
    Focused Healer
    Focused Medicine
    Focused Piety

Divine Weapon

True Strike Spear

Dwarves suck - no legit rares

Elf Skill - no legit rares

Heavy Armor
    - no legit rares

Helmet - no legit rares

Human Skill - no legit rares

Martial Skill

Focused Bruising
    Focused Impaling
    Focused Slicing

Last edited: Jun 21, 2015
  2. Sir Veza

Sir Veza Farming Deity

3. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

Thanks for doing this. I'm sorry if my special rule to increase options mostly ended up being a chore due to how hard it is to find these items. I also hope that the deckbuilder becomes nicer for special formats in the future (perhaps by allowing you to apply a 'peasant filter' or similar).

RedNebula, CT5, Merdis and 1 other person like this.
  4. Juxtapostion

Juxtapostion Hydra

Speaking of, would it be difficult to make a deck builder out side of the game with all items available to brainstorm ideas/see what would be needed to create a build? Don't know how valuable it would be but I think it would be nice to have.

5. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

Not difficult, but it would take a nonzero amount of time. Technically anyone with the equipment and card .csvs should be able to create a browser-based deckbuilder. Pretty straightforward—but probably more than one afternoon's work.

6. Kalin

Kalin Begat G'zok

All the information needed is here and here, the hard part is making the interface.

And after the expansion is released you should be able to just use the test server (use the cheat "everyitem" 12 times to get everything you could possibly want).

Xayrn likes this.
  7. Sir Veza

Sir Veza Farming Deity

How a stand-alone phone or tablet app people could use unobtrusively at work. ;)
    Doesn't apply to me, I worked last millenia. I'm taking this one off. :cool:

Fifjunior7, CT5 and Flaxative like this.
  8. Robauke

Robauke Guild Leader

A small side app with deck building, all the (guild) stats and and a league alarm.

9. Juxtapostion

Juxtapostion Hydra

Serious question. Where would I begin to learn how to program that? Google?

10. Rebel7284

Rebel7284 Ogre

11. Xayrn

Xayrn Hydra

No promises, but this may be something I'd be interested in taking a crack at in my spare time. However, an interface wouldn't be very interesting without visuals; is it possible to obtain the equipment icons/card images somehow without painfully scraping them off the wiki? Similarly, can creature data and visuals be easily found somewhere?

kustaa, CT5, Pawndawan and 1 other person like this.
  12. Kalin

Kalin Begat G'zok

Item images:
    http://live.cardhunter.com/assets/item_illustrations/Acolyte's Axe.png
    (actual file names are found in the "Image" column of the spreadsheet)

Card illustrations:
    http://live.cardhunter.com/assets/card_illustrations/Able Bash.png
    But the fully rendered card has to be created in the game (use the "forceload" and "savecardart" console commands) or just get them from the wiki.

Not really. You can use my Deck Extractor to get decks for each monster, but you'll still have do each monster separately (or up to 5 at a time). For visuals, the "assets" directory has subdirectories for "small_portraits", "large_portraits", and "figure_illustrations" (the different facings, like:
    http://live.cardhunter.com/assets/figure_illustrations/AlabasterSW.png
    ), but the filenames aren't always what you'd expect.

Last edited: Jun 23, 2015
    Xayrn likes this.
  13. snafets

snafets Kobold

good news everyone, I'm working on a deck builder and if someone (Xayrn?) want to help I might git-it. But in my mind it looks greater then the csv (easily) reveals. The damage stats might be the easy part but armor it already much more complicated end buffs are really hard to get them all right.

And a little hint: the steam-version have all assets but not the cards. For the cards the best place might be the wiki

14. orian34

orian34 Orc Soldier

hum, it's only my toughts, but it seems to easy to have items of the same rank as bedjeweled shortsword in this kind of rules.
    What i think(that means you don't need to even listen to me) is it should only be common without power token, to add a more in game tactics instead of only(almost) deck build tactics.

15. Xayrn

Xayrn Hydra

The project I mentioned earlier in this thread actually took off and has its own post here. Rendering the cards is, in fact, proving to be the most difficult part of the whole thing, but @MattW has been doing some excellent work on that front. If you're any good with Java and would like to combine efforts, our project is also on GitHub.

16. PiranF

PiranF Kobold

i got a legendary divine weapon lvl 18 from an epic chest:D:D:D:D

17. Jarmo

Jarmo Snow Griffin

PiranF, the post you quoted is so old the information it contains is out of date. It is currently possible to get items of all levels from shops.

kustaa likes this.
  18. Brishna

Brishna Kobold

You can also pm me if you wanna build peasant. i made a party for it

19. Robauke

Robauke Guild Leader

I got a party ready at all times, would enjoy dusting it off. Doesnt even contain EttSC items yet.

Flaxative likes this.
  20. Settemio

Settemio Kobold

This looks fun. Is there enough interest for this to even be its own subforum, for sharing builds/discussing strategy?

Flaxative likes this.