Can't Connect to Game

Discussion in 'Support' started by admin, Jun 2, 2013.

1. Vakaz

Vakaz Guild Leader

When loading the port 8080 crossdomain.xml, I get the same error as before:

(failed)
    net::ERR_CONNECTION_TIMED_OUT

Response: Failed to Load Response Data
    -----------------------------------------
    When using the second url without the port, I get no errors, and a webpage that says:

This XML file does not appear to have any style information associated with it. The document tree is shown below.
    <cross-domain-policy>
    <allow-access-from domain="www.cardhunter.com" secure="false"/>
    <allow-access-from domain="cardhunter.com" secure="false"/>
    <allow-access-from domain="*.cardhunter.com" secure="false"/>
    <allow-access-from domain="*" secure="false"/>
    <site-control permitted-cross-domain-policies="all"/>
    </cross-domain-policy>

2. j-wiz

j-wiz Blue Manchu Staff Member

That definitely suggests that port 8080 is being blocked, since you're obviously able to download the file just fine from the default port.

3. Vakaz

Vakaz Guild Leader

Looks like my first guess was the right one... :rolleyes:

Anyway, thank for the help!

4. Thrun

Thrun Kobold

hi when i log in a box appears that says warning and i can't get past that.

fixed

Last edited: Jun 30, 2014
  5. Jade303

Jade303 Thaumaturge

So I have moved to a new location, have internet access but now I can't play card hunter. :( I can reach the table /log in screen, but then I get the usual, "your internet connection or the server may be down" message. I've been able to play using the wi-fi at 5 different places until now. Any thoughts?

*EDIT* I seem to have the same problem as Vakaz. Port 8080 being blocked and all. The ports are open in my firewall. So is it the ISP / or the local network which is causing my problems?

Last edited: Jul 5, 2014
  6. Jade303

Jade303 Thaumaturge

Code:
    <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

-<serverstatus>

<active>1</active>

<version>2.21.0.9075</version>

<shortVersion>2.21.0</shortVersion>

</serverstatus>

<?xml version="1.0"?>

<!DOCTYPE cross-domain-policy SYSTEM "http://www.macromedia.com/xml/dtds/cross-domain-policy.dtd">

-<cross-domain-policy>

<allow-access-from secure="false" domain="www.cardhunter.com"/>

<allow-access-from secure="false" domain="cardhunter.com"/>

<allow-access-from secure="false" domain="*.cardhunter.com"/>

<allow-access-from secure="false" domain="*"/>

<site-control permitted-cross-domain-policies="all"/>

</cross-domain-policy>
    :(

7. j-wiz

j-wiz Blue Manchu Staff Member

Yeah, that's definitely local network or ISP blocking the ports. Depending on your ISP at the new location, they might have instructions to unblock ports (TCP 9933 and 8080). You should only need one of those two for the game to work, but it won't hurt to have both open. Port 9933 is game traffic over a TCP socket, while port 8080 proxies game traffic through http requests if the client couldn't establish a connection on 9933.

8. Jade303

Jade303 Thaumaturge

I don't know who the ISP is; I'm going to try and find someone who knows who to talk to about the local network. I'm not sure if I can even do anything about it at this point.

9. Jade303

Jade303 Thaumaturge

Supposedly the local residents have been abusing bandwidth, and the internet access here has been "restricted". The IP here appears to be from Shaw. I think I'm going to have to leave!

PS Vakaz, did you figure out a way around this yet?

10. Vakaz

Vakaz Guild Leader

Answered this in the chat, but in case anyone is having problems, my solution was to use a proxy/vpn. I found the free trial of https://www.tunnelbear.com/ to work pretty well, since I only needed a workaround for two weeks of light playing (to keep up with the season :p).

I also wanted to check out spotflux, but didn't get a chance to. Both work on android/iOS as well as windows/mac.

Sir Veza likes this.
  11. HarmoneY

HarmoneY Kobold

my computer is telling me that we are still down for maintenace. i have already dumped my cache.

HarmoneY

12. Jon

Jon Blue Manchu Staff Member

I'm checking into this now, sorry.

13. Jon

I've made an attempt to fix this, assuming you are using IE9 or something similar. Please try clearing cache and load again. Let us know if you still have problems, including what browser you are using. Thanks!

14. HarmoneY

HarmoneY Kobold

it changed to 'type error access denied' and gave me the http access. so i still should change my favorite address i guess? but you fixed it. sorry ive fell out of everything gaming and comp lately with rl be such a *****. guess i must have ie9, but idk lol. ty from an out of touch old school gamer girl...is it right to add a blonde 'tehe' here? but thanks alla yall
    Harm

15. Jon

Did it redirect you to an https address? If so, you can bookmark that.

Are you using IE9 or earlier? If so, you could considering updating that or switching to Chrome or Firefox.

16. HarmoneY

HarmoneY Kobold

No i didn't redirect myself, it gave me one. and yes i will change that one. and i don't know how to check what i'm on on this comp...its xp? so can't tell u much but i keep it as updated as it can take. wish i could do firefox, ppl here are to dumb to get the change, and i'm not sure i like chrome. but for all i know, someone just hit yes on a little thing that popped up and its that instead of a new virus...sigh.....thanks again....

Harm

17. Sir Veza

Sir Veza Farming Deity

I don't particularly like chrome, but it works best for running CH on my old xp box.

18. HarmoneY

HarmoneY Kobold

19. HarmoneY

HarmoneY Kobold

and i can play than...stupid comp hiccupped when u posted lol! lost all my typing. well its not bad, it just show the main page on cardhunter.com then after i hit play now it has me go there....

20. Jon