Test Build 2.20 (5 June 2014)

Discussion in 'Testing' started by Jon, Jun 4, 2014.

1. Jon

Jon Blue Manchu Staff Member

Yay, a new test build is here! This build contains a bunch of new stuff including some game balance tweaks, new leagues and a new system for client loading and versioning. We'd particularly appreciate help testing the latter.

Our new versioning system should make it much less likely that you'll ever end up loading an old client version by mistake. However, due to the complexities of Flash's saved options system, we had to fudge around to make sure that you don't lose your saved login information (username and password). As a result, we'd really appreciate you paying careful attention when you first login to the test server with this new build. If you saved your user name and password at the login screen, they should still be there. If not, please let us know in this thread. Obviously we're also interested in any other errors, like the wrong version loading or a load error.

I've also scheduled a bunch of test leagues for the two new leagues in this build. Please jump on and check them out if you have time. There times scheduled are best found by checking the schedule on the server, but it's basically one every 5 hours from now on.

Full build notes:

Client loading/versioning
    • Switched to a new method of client versioning that should be much more robust at making sure you have the latest version on load.
    • Added a step to migrate existing cached login credentials to the new client loading system.
    • Fix up maintenance check for IE9
    Multiplayer
    • Renown goes up for every 3 MP games, not 5.
    • Renown and game counts are increased from league games.
    • Rotated in the Celestial MP boards.
    Leagues
    • Added Roll Out the Barrels league.
    • Added Oozeball league.
    • League description dialog is a fixed layout.
    • League descriptions link to prize info separately from league info.
    • League images are streamed from the game server, not the website.
    • Increased Graveyard Gambol overtime to 30 minutes.
    • Fixed zombie name in Graveyard Gambol.
    Optimisation
    • Changed DB isolation level for player card views.
    Shops
    • Kyburz Market sells level 7-12 items.
    • Goblin Bazaar sells level 13-18 items.
    Deck Builder
    • Fixed some item info text (expensive due to renown, etc) not appearing after previous deck building optimisations.
    Tutorial
    • Moved the prompt about Power Token requirements from Kyburz Market to Randimar's.
    Profiling
    • Added logging feature for profiling.
    Audio
    • Added effect audio and animation for non-damaging card effects (violent spin and muscle through).
    Adventures
    • Fixed spawn markers in Gnome Halls (fixes missing gnome).
    • Fixed a potential missing gnome in Dank Cellars.

LeisureSuitLoli, kogi, Jarmo and 3 others like this.
  2. j-wiz

j-wiz Blue Manchu Staff Member

Along with the saved login information, other saved settings like the various volume settings also had to be fixed up, so check on those as well.

3. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

By "balance tweaks" are you referring to the shop thing? Or are there new card/monster/etc. balance changes not listed above?

EDIT: p.s. my options seem preserved on the test server!

EDIT 2: Should the news on the test server be updated? It still refers to Death March & Graveyard Gambol.

4. Kalin

Kalin Begat G'zok

Logging in as Also Kalin (who lost his saved info in the last build)... spent a while on "Checking server status" then loaded a new client. Found my login and settings.

Logged in as Nude Kalin (who hasn't logged in since testing Artifact Anarchy, where I've just been told he won third place), and that works too. Though it occurs to me that he's probably using the exact same save files. We need a test from someone who did not log in during the previous build.

The screenshot of the barrel league is missing the yellow highlight on the victory square (haven't checked the board in game).
    EDIT: Highlight missing from actual board.

Sir Veza and Flaxative like this.
  5. Stexe

Stexe #2 in Spring PvP Season

Some Oozeball feedback from the 2 games I played. Raise The Alarm and Defense Skill are a bit strong. I don't think it is THAT problematic but might want to be considered.

Also, the fact the Slime Players can go on the VP spot and block it up is really annoying and can be used to just delay the game forever (since they get movements and can just stand on top). If possible have it so they can't move on top of the VP spot... although that would probably require more functionality that would take time to implement so...

Flaxative and I played and he managed to score a single VP before it timed out. We were talking and he was new to the league, but even still the ability to just stall is huge since no damage is being done.

Last edited: Jun 4, 2014
  6. Kalin

Kalin Begat G'zok

Reflect Missile doesn't reflect the slide/push effect.

Running out of time crashed my browser:
    timeout.png

Button didn't do anything, had to kill the tab.

7. Stexe

Not really related to this patch but just wanted to mention it. There's been some weird things going on with matchmaking. I've seen a 1600+ Elo player matched against Gary through MM. And PaladinGP says he got 0 Elo from playing against someone who was over 700 Elo below him. How does a match like that even occur? Thought the system was designed to avoid 0 Elo gain matches since it is overly punishing?

8. Stexe

That happened to me when I was playing Lord Feleran and I lagged with 15 seconds left on the clock and ran out of time. Thought it was just me though.

9. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

I'd say in 10 minutes, play for 2 VPs.

10. Stexe

I dunno. That might make it too random -- I'd have to test it under those circumstances more to be sure.

Also maybe increase the draws per turn for the Ooze itself? More blocks means less chance of it moving and more need for the enemy slime figures to move around and get flanking maybe?

11. Jarmo

Jarmo Snow Griffin

Even without playing "Roll Out the Barrels", just looking at the map I'm pretty sure I can predict what the matches will be: Whirlwinding. On all the constricted maps you have to use those cards because otherwise you'll be Wall of Stone / Illusory Barrier / Stone Spikes / Acid / control wizarded and/or Firestormed to frustration and death. There is not that much build variety on maps like this because of all those cards. You have no hope of getting to the other team without the Whirls if you're not running a 2-3 wizard team yourself.

On the other hand, without the Whirls maps like this would be just a Geomancy peek-a-boo slog with triwizard teams ranged attack/damaging terrain chipping away at each other.

I don't know whether this is actually any use as feedback. Maybe more of a minirant of confused purpose and direction.

Stexe and Flaxative like this.
  12. Stexe

I've been trying to come up with ideas on how to make interesting non-fixed deck maps and I've given a few suggestions to Jon. They all require new implementations though...

We'll see how it turns out in another month or so.

13. Jon

Just the shop/renown changes.

14. Jon

I could potentially change the board to have 3-4 victory squares. This would make it harder to block the enemy ball from occupying it, but possible to get stalemates where both balls are scoring.

15. Scarponi

Scarponi Moderator

Maybe 4 contiguous victory squares in a 2x2 pattern? (Just spit-balling here.)

16. j-wiz

j-wiz Blue Manchu Staff Member

That's probably correct. The settings are saved per-machine instead of per-account. Obviously that has to be the case for login information, since it wouldn't know where to load the account information without already knowing the account.

17. Phaselock

Phaselock Bugblatter

a) Right click on repulsive cone does not load card illustration.

AssetManager::eek:nLoaderError ImageLoader 'http://test.cardhunter.com/assets/card_illustrations/Repulsive Cone.png' (http://test.cardhunter.com/assets/card_illustrations/Repulsive Cone.png?v=2.20.2.9063): ImageLoader 'http://test.cardhunter.com/assets/card_illustrations/Repulsive Cone.png' (http://test.cardhunter.com/assets/card_illustrations/Repulsive Cone.png?v=2.20.2.9063) > Error #2036

b) Phaselock first login, joined oozeball league. lockphase logged in, not enuff gold to join league, invite phaselock to casual oozeball game. phaselock's log threw stack error:

Processing: MPReward
    Loading from http://test.cardhunter.com/data/gameplay/MPRewards/MPRewards.csv
    Data loaded.
    Verifying data.
    STACK TRACE:
    TypeError: Error #1009
    at com.cardhunter.pcclient.league::LeagueEntryDisplay/refreshInternal()
    at com.cardhunter.pcclient.league::LeagueEntryDisplay/onImageLoaded()
    at com.cardhunter.pcclient.assets::StreamingPool/complete()
    at com.cardhunter.pcclient.assets::StreamingImagePool/onLoad()
    at flash.events::EventDispatcher/dispatchEvent()
    at com.greensock.loading.core::LoaderCore/_completeHandler()
    CLIENT COMMANDS:
    CLIENT VERSION: 2.20.2.9063

Initializing battle screen
    Battle joined
    stopTimer 1 600
    startTimer 0 600
    BATTLE LOG: Scenario=LG Oozeball,Room=lockphase's battle vs phaselock,RoomID=29,Event=StartGame

c) Ron Gravy started in a position just beside Mince Fillfork. The opposite team had the same starting positions as shown on the webpage. wai ?

BATTLE LOG: Scenario=LG Oozeball,Room=lockphase's battle vs phaselock,RoomID=29,Player=phaselock,Actor=Ron Gravy,Event=Move,Origin=(1, 8),StartFacing=(1, 0),Destination=(2, 7),EndFacing=(1, 0)

18. Squidy

Squidy Hydra

Seems like there are also some new custom forum titles. Or maybe that's old and I only noticed those now.

Sir Veza one made me smile.
    Is Kalin's one the name of the sneaky goblin thief?
    First time I see Jarmo's one, but maybe this one is just a regular one?

19. Stexe

It is something like once you get 1000 messages you get a special title. I'm only at like 560 and I feel like I post a decent amount... seesh these 1k+ message people! :-P

That might work. Would need to test it a bit. The thing is this league is radically different from normal matches where attrition kicks in due to damage being done more than healing is possible. Without damage matches can become stalemates depending on card draw since you can't really calculate average damage per turn over the course of the game. Not sure on a solution yet...

How exactly does the new VP scoring methodology work? Is it X unit can only score on VP squares? Or is it a new type of VP square that only X unit can score on?

20. jaycew124

jaycew124 Kobold

i cant seem to access the game