Server Downtime Fri 23 May 2014 01:00 GMT

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Jon, May 21, 2014.

1. Jon

Jon Blue Manchu Staff Member

The server will be down for a new build at Fri 23 May 2014 01:00 GMT. Should be back up in about 30-45 minutes.

Some local times:

• US (PST): Thu 22 May, 6pm.
    • US (EST): Thu 22 May 9pm.
    • Australia (AEST): Fri 23 May 11am.

Bandreus, neoncat, progammer and 2 others like this.
  2. Questor

Questor Ogre

Will this only include 2.16 or also previous testbuilds, especially the deckbuilder section of 2.12?

3. Jarmo

Jarmo Snow Griffin

Typically in software development new builds include all of the previous ones. It's specifically mentioned if some feature introduced in a previous build is removed in a later one. Listing every previous change with every new build takes a huge amount of space and many projects don't do that.

Based on long previous experience with Card Hunter, 2.16 includes every previous build. The builds are not picked piecemeal for the game server/client updates.

4. jademonarch

jademonarch Kobold

Is the server for US (EST) still down?

5. Squidy

Squidy Hydra

Is the increased party slots to 24 for next update?

6. Kalin

Kalin Begat G'zok

I got an IO error my first attempt, so I did a hard refresh (shift-F5) and then I got in.

Huh, first two leagues scheduled are Astral Tourney and Triple Duel, then the rest are all Graveyard Gambol and Death March.

7. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

Jon didn't want to cancel previously-scheduled leagues. :)

8. Jon

Jon Blue Manchu Staff Member

It will be in the next build.

9. Jarmo

Jarmo Snow Griffin

The inventory optimisations are wonderful! The battle and deckbuilder screen loading and inventory filtering is so snappy now! The whole game became so much more responsive and pleasurable to play! This will collectively save hundreds and thousands of hours of players' time which was previously spent waiting for the screens to load. Thank you so much, Jon!

Jacques, Bandreus, Stexe and 3 others like this.
  10. Dan Edwards

Dan Edwards Kobold

Got the same thing here and Shift-F5 fixed it for me as well. Thanks for the tip.

May want to make an announcement more publicly obvious or even put a note right on the login page that reminds people about the Shift-F5 trick if you are getting login errors. The same thing happened to me last time there was an update and I went through some more involved steps to clear my cache completely.

11. Phaselock

Phaselock Bugblatter

iirc, not all the browsers use the same hard refresh shortcuts. Its a good idea tho.

12. Jade303

Jade303 Thaumaturge

What Sorcerery is this? The speed difference is amazing! Cards load instantly, items pop up fast, search is no longer causing my game to freeze with every letter...
    I don't know how we lived this long, and I don't know how you did it, but koodos Jon. It's amazing what 1.5 programmers can do!

On a side note, I tried for a solid 30 mins to log in on chrome to no avail. I tried doing hard reset, etc, but nothing worked. I gave up, went on IE and now I'm in.

Sir Veza and Flaxative like this.
  13. wavy

wavy Thaumaturge

Was a second build deployed today? I only ask because I downloaded a new build at about 9AM GMT (Ctrl+F5 in Firefox) and didn't notice a huge difference in item load speeds, then got back home about 3 hours ago (5PM GMT) and (another?) build downloaded without any key presses. Noticed a big speed boost now on the inventory.

14. Sir Veza

Sir Veza Farming Deity

Sorcerery definitely worth having! Thanks again, Jon! :)
    I hope the next improvement (after the expanded save slots show up) will be a 'Sell Excess' button.

Flaxative and Jarmo like this.
  15. Jade303

Jade303 Thaumaturge

Ptth. Sell Excess would be nice, but I want a "Un-equip all" button way more.

16. Jarmo

Jarmo Snow Griffin

Sell Excess saves way way more work. Hundreds of clicks compared to a few dozen.

Sir Veza and Flaxative like this.