Login Failed: IO Error: Error #2032

Discussion in 'Support' started by Sir Jester Smurf, May 22, 2014.

1. Jon

Jon Blue Manchu Staff Member

So you just started seeing this error with the latest build?

2. Nero ghost

Nero ghost Kobold

I reinstalled flash play and re-installed firefox to see if that would work but it did not. It worked all day today it just stopped working around 9 o clock pst (Arizona time no daylight savings)

3. Nero ghost

Nero ghost Kobold

yes i was play right before it started, left and went to see godzilla the movie and got home and started cardhunter normal and it did not work. thanks for the help btw Jon. I love your game! and it really bums me out not being able to play.

i also ran this This is after you click the "Play" button?

Try opening a browser window and browsing to https://live-server.cardhunter.com/

It should be just a blank page, but it might give you an error message that can help figure out why you can't log in to the game, since it's connecting to the same web server.

and it was blank.

Last edited: May 23, 2014
  4. Nero ghost

Nero ghost Kobold

so I tried it on two other computers one worked the other did not. the one am trying to get work is my main computer and the only one that i can really play on. I dont know what is wrong with my main computer I ran it on chrome on both computers one is windows 8 x64 and the one not working is windows 7 x64 but the adobe on on the windows 7 is x32 or the lower version. umm they both have the same anti virus and are connected to same router. The one that worked had adblocker on,firewall, and anti virus on. the one that didnt work I tried with it all on and all off. ports are open on both. ya I don't know what to do.

I got some windows updates that need to be installed so am going to try that now

updates
    I tried installing the updates for windows and shut down the computer this did not fix the problem.

Last edited: May 23, 2014
  5. Jarmo

Jarmo Snow Griffin

Are you able to play other Flash games on the web on your main computer?

6. Nero ghost

Nero ghost Kobold

Okay I fixed it I don't know which fixed it but. first I again deleted all history on chrome and then closed the browser after that i reopened it put in my log in information and put in the wrong password and it worked! I think I had my password wrong the whole time so basically it wasn't the error that it was showing, and that it wasn't connecting but that my password was wrong. I hope this wasn't what it was but I think it was

neoncat and Jarmo like this.
  7. Jarmo

Jarmo Snow Griffin

Glad you got it working! Happy Hunting!

8. Nero ghost

Nero ghost Kobold

thank you! thanks for trying to help out btw!

9. j-wiz

j-wiz Blue Manchu Staff Member

It does look like the client isn't handling the authentication failure message correctly right now. I'm sure this is related to some recent changes to our authentication process.

10. Jade303

Jade303 Thaumaturge

So tonight I sat down on my desktop, ready to buy another month's membership and happily grind campaign for a few hours. Instead I banged my head against the monitor for two solid hours trying to fix things and I still can't get CH to work, I went through pretty much all of the same things as Nero Ghost except my password isn't wrong, and I still can't get in. I just get the wheel of doom for a solid three minutes after putting in my password, then the usual error message. The only things I haven't cleared, reset or reinstalled are Windows Vista itself.
    I'm so mad right now.

11. Squidy

Squidy Hydra

I gladly just saw you playing a league game. Any idea what fixed the trouble in case it can help someone else?

12. Jade303

Jade303 Thaumaturge

No, the problem is not fixed! I am playing on my netbook with Windows 7, which hasn't had any problems except that playing is quite slow by comparison. I don't think I have played CH on my desktop for about a week or two, so I blame the new build. :mad:

13. Kalin

Kalin Begat G'zok

Maybe try copying your saved login info?

On Windows 8 it's found here:
    C:\Users\{username}\AppData\Roaming\Macromedia\Flash Player\#SharedObjects\{randomletters}\live.cardhunter.com\client\CardHunterWebApp.swf\CHlogin.sol

And Windows XP had it here:
    C:\Documents and Settings\{username}\Application Data\Macromedia\Flash Player\#SharedObjects\{randomletters}\live.cardhunter.com\client\CardHunterWebApp.swf

(replace "live" with "game" if that's the URL you normally use)

Squidy likes this.
  14. j-wiz

j-wiz Blue Manchu Staff Member

I did some digging through the server logs. It's reporting an incorrect password during the period when you weren't able to log in. I don't see any other errors, aside from the one causing the "Invalid username or password" message to not show up and the loading spinner to get left on-screen.

I'll keep looking to see if I can find anything, since we did make some changes in that process. On your end, make sure it's not something silly like a stray leading or trailing space or a dead key on the keyboard or something.

15. Jade303

Jade303 Thaumaturge

Well, I can't believe it. My shift key is broken. I guess after 8 years the thing has to quit right?

Thanks for all of the help, everyone. I still can't freaking believe it. Guess I'm using caps lock or right shift from now on.

/Although, it would be great if the server was fixed to report wrong password notification. ;]

16. Jon

Jon Blue Manchu Staff Member

Glad you found the problem. We'll roll out a fix to the misleading bad password response next week (it requires a new build though).