[Summary] Six months later...

Discussion in 'Feedback and Suggestions' started by Phaselock, Mar 9, 2014.

1. Phaselock

Phaselock Bugblatter

Its been almost six months since release. :cool: During this time, there have been lots of feedback about what's broken, what's bad, what's missing than about what's accomplished. I think its a good time now for a small recap and look back at the major progresses made. And give thanks.

Six months ago:
    Game was released (hooray!). A lot of birthing pains followed by spasms, cramps, manual resets, endless coffee, keyboard mashing etc...
    Lobby chat in battle. The leaderboard shrank. Item buyback. (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Five months ago:
    MP users sorted by rating/name. Modify party before SP battle. Speed resigns get an Anvil Strike. Post loss hints in campaign. Snoozi ! HALLOWEEN ! Browser tab flashing. Spectating got a boost.

Four months ago:
    Mauve Manticore ! Demon Skull Snuffbox ! 1st balance patch deals much needed blow to draw engines. Renown system. item mouse over info revised. Item sorting in shop/keep improved. All shops start revealed.

Three months ago:
    Holiday Specials ! Cardotron 2000! Balance change to Inspiring Presence. Club membership is 25% off! Optimization for large collections. Card Hunter API. Unofficial statistics site.

Two months ago:
    Guilds ! Best Debut: Blue Manchu (Card Hunter)

One month ago:
    Battle reconnection. And we know what's upcoming. ;)

This is a summary or a reminder of the efforts that two man and bunch of contractors did for you. Now for Easter Bunnies ... :eek:

Stexe, illkkill, Jayce and 8 others like this.
  2. 1 balance change in 6 months is the most important thing to me personally.

Stexe likes this.
  3. Sir Veza

Sir Veza Farming Deity

Somehow, I think we all guessed that. :rolleyes: But I seem to recall 2.

neoncat likes this.
  4. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

Are you counting the Inspiring Presence thing that came out of left field and has yet to make sense to the playerbase? Because I don't think Pilgrim Bailey would :cool:

Pilgrim Bailey likes this.
  5. It did make my 2 knives of st blenko useless though, so there's that

6. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

I should note that by and large I agree with Phaselock's OP here, and think the devs have been doing a fantastic job given the size of their team. That said, I also think PvP balance is paramount. The Inspiring Presence thing has yet to click for me, and the lack of progress on balance fronts that demand it is a bit disheartening, but we'll see how things go with the new content release...

7. Sir Veza

Sir Veza Farming Deity

I do count the Inspiring Presence thing because it was done in the name of balancing. I think it could have been done better. I read IP is going to proc Talented Healer in the next release, so I hope Pilgrim hasn't sold his knives.
    I see game balance as important, and PVP is half of that so I do favor it, but I think preventing crashes and allowing reconnections are at least as important.

8. ElShafto

ElShafto Goblin Champion

I love lamp.

9. Phaselock

Phaselock Bugblatter

Woot ! Thanks for all the likes. :)

erm, actually...to be accurate, its 6 balance changes in 15 mths to date. 4 in beta and 2 post-release. Its quite clear that Jon and co. mean what they say when it comes to balancing alto it may not sit well with everyone. Then again, if the meta is predictable...that opens up a clear path for expansions and new cards/counters, imo that is...

10. That's a bug fix, and its a very good bug fix http://forums.cardhunter.com/threads/bug-inspiring-presence-does-not-proc-talented-healer.4694/

I hope bringing the game to tablets results in a huge influx of new players and money for the developers, so a full-time balance staff or person can be hired. This game is too exquisite to not have regular balance fixes; like a flawless multimillion dollar car covered in mud for a long time without a car wash.

And a predictable meta isn't a bad thing, not in my eyes, but in a game card that boasts variety in the amount of items, allowing there to be 1 clear cut best item in the majority of scenarios does a huge disservice to the game. The meta has a foundation, and hopefully the foundation is perfected, and not just built on.