[Suggestion] Import/Export Parties

Discussion in 'Feedback and Suggestions' started by Jade303, Jan 18, 2014.

1. Jade303

Jade303 Thaumaturge

I know that there is a limit to having 6 parties stored in Card Hunter. And I know that you can use partyanddecksbbcode to get a text version of your current party copied onto your clipboard.
    What if there was a function to export your party and save it to your computer as a (text) file? And then you could import said file to load that party. Then a savvy player could have as many builds as they wanted by storing them on their computer! It would also be really easy to copy+paste someone else's build onto a file, import the file into Card Hunter, and it would magically fill up the slots with what items you currently have. Naturally, if you sold some of the items or didn't have the items for the required slots, it would leave those blank (and flash red to remind you?)
    I don't think that adding this feature would be too difficult and it could make the game a lot better for those card hunting, multiple-deck building maniacs like me.
    Sounds cool right?

Lusus121 likes this.
  2. Lusus121

Lusus121 Goblin Champion

Sounds awesome.

3. neoncat

neoncat Feline Outline

Flaxative likes this.
  4. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

+1 here too, as I have +1d every other time this has been mentioned.

5. I suggested here a system where we would have a piece of code that would tell the game client which deck to build. This would be the most simple way of doing it without any file downloads etc.

6. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

The advantage of an export file over a code is third party tools could be written to read the export files.

7. I don't see why third party tools couldn't read the code. I mean the "code" would just be a string of numbers like letters, for example "gfjk4kljda4ljkndafoi45lknsfsky7dzacx245dfdas4pjsvsdll5acvszk6", where each set of 3 letters would contain a piece of data. In that example, "gfk" could mean "Dwarf Warrior", "4kl" could mean "Elf Priest", "ky7" could mean "Vibrant Pain" etc. It would basically be a written explanation of the party composition, where the written text looks like gibberish, but if you know the language of the code, it would translate to all the characters and their items. Probably not the best way to explain it but hopefully you'll get my point :)

8. neoncat

neoncat Feline Outline

SLG's "code" is really just a highly-compressed format for an export file. It offers portability at the cost of inscrutability, but I hope the devs would offer documentation for 3rd-party use.

9. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

I get it, SLG, but the code needs to be easily parsable and hopefully well documented in that case.

Bearson Onyx likes this.
  10. Yep. And if the devs implemented that kind of thing, I'm sure they would give us full documentation as well because it would be absolutely pointless to keep it a secret from us, especially since we could build full documentation by ourselves simply by taking a bunch of items and looking at the code they produce.

I don't see how it could be any more easily parsable. I mean it's basically the oldest form of code language, where each three-letter combination has a meaning. All we would need is a list of those pieces of code and their character/item equivalents.

11. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

Well, yes...