New cards and items!

Discussion in 'Testing' started by Kalin, Jan 6, 2014.

1. Lusus121

Lusus121 Goblin Champion

Just what we needed, some buffs to FireStorm decks.

On the positive side, the elf buffs seem very interesting.

2. Pengw1n

Pengw1n Moderately Informed Staff Member

Hot Flames negate Resistant Hide. So I'm not sure it actually benefits FS'ers.

3. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

I think these cards are supposed to make fire viable outside FS decks. And I'm not sure what FS decks would take out in order to make room for the new cards.

And yeah the elf buffs are amazing. Earmuff looks at Superb Mobility and says, yes. In fact, with Superb Mobility, I think elves probably surpass humans in terms of having quality racials, as it's on par with Untrained Stoutness.

4. Kalin

Kalin Begat G'zok

Are we sure about that? Current card text:
    And we know that other immunity armors (like Only Bones) will block Penetrating attacks. Seems to me the winner is whoever draws their Hide first.

5. Vakaz

Vakaz Guild Leader

I hope the power of Elven Trickery is some indication that elves are getting a much-needed boost. While that card alone -might- be enough to help put elves on par with the other races, I'd hate to see it completely outclass almost every other elf skill. In my experience that fourth square of movement is far less useful than the 3rd square the human gets, while the loss of 4 HP hurts much more from human to elf than from dwarf to human. Unless Elf movement/HP is going to be changed, this means their skills need to be better than the other races, not just on par.

6. Pengw1n

Hm, that didn't match Lusus's quote and I didn't check the source in the csv (as I figured it was a verbatim) - the csv version upends my point totally. Removing penetration, on the other hand and having it work as Lusus quoted (however unintentional), would be more balanced and would avoid the fire storm trap.

7. Shardokar

Shardokar Kobold

add them on test server plx :)

8. Pengw1n

I don't think art is done for all cards, items and monsters yet. Also, not sure all of the cards are implemented fully for testing yet - might be a few more weeks before anything pops up on the test server.

9. Kalin

Kalin Begat G'zok

And even more new cards!
    Now with even more typos!

neoncat likes this.
  10. neoncat

neoncat Feline Outline

AUGH!!! I hope I don't have to redo the slide back N diagram... >_<

Flaxative likes this.
  11. Mostrengo

Mostrengo Kobold

when can we expect the new cards and items?

I have stoped playing and waiting until this new content brings some fresh air

12. Pengw1n

Unless they changed their release plan with the recent announcement of the tablet client - we should be able to test this content anytime now. And likely release a few weeks after test start - if BM uses the same MO like they usually do.

13. ArcadianRook

ArcadianRook Goblin Champion

MUAHAHAHAH
    Your BLACK MAGIC IS UNDONE!!