[Suggestion] Bows, blocking sight and knifes

Discussion in 'Feedback and Suggestions' started by Multimuerte, Oct 14, 2013.

1. Multimuerte

Multimuerte Mushroom Warrior

Hi there!

It's time for another demented idea from your biggest and paranoid-est fan. I found Cardhuntria lacked of Bows, Crossbows, flaying daggrs and stuff like that, so I thought it could be cool to add some of this stuff. Perhaps whith a 'Ranger' class included.

Oh! And I also think it could be cool if a character can 'block sight' in some ways, allowing the mage gets hidden behind a warrior in some cases. I donnow... perhaps the mage could gain automatically a Blocking Card named 'Cover' wich reduces the damage by one or something.

Bye!

2. skip_intro

skip_intro Ogre

There are bows in the game, a bunch of NPCs take great pleasure in making you into a pin cushion at one point! :(

3. actionjack

actionjack Mushroom Warrior

4. Kalin

Kalin Begat G'zok

Monsters already get some of these: Hurled Dagger, Puncturing Shot, Piercing Missile can be found in Batford's Manor, and gnomes have javelin attacks.

Defender's Block does something similar. Or I suppose we could create a Tower Shield trait that blocks enemy's LoS.

5. Sir Knight

Sir Knight Sir-ulean Dragon

We've long-noticed that the enemies get ranged weapons and we don't. We used to get Pinning Spear Toss, but that was removed from player cards.

This sort of behavior is suspicious. So, yes, we've been chatting about possible ranger/rogue classes. And since this game lets you "build" characters pretty much however you want, I myself hypothesize any "ranger" will be a subset of Rogue, and the first "big new content release" from Blue Manchu will give us all these suspiciously-absent behaviors.

Blocking line-of-sight, though, is another question. I can't find the thread, but someone once argued that every figure on the board should block line-of-sight behind it, which would lead to a different sort of game balance. If you want it to be a special benefit of some cards, though, you might hypothesize about exactly how. Perhaps an Armor card which does so as a second effect?