Pickpocket works from the front?

Discussion in 'Bugs' started by Undaddy, Oct 10, 2013.

1. Undaddy

Undaddy Kobold

Pickpocket states"If you are behind the target, remove a random card from target's hand and place it in your hand."... But monkeys steal my stuff while grinning into my face, in my front arch or exactly in front of my character. I witnessed that at least 3 times.

2. Assussanni

Assussanni Ogre

3. Undaddy

Undaddy Kobold

Hi, will do! Happened with the War Monkeys. They use "Pickpocket" http://wiki.cardhuntria.com/wiki/Cards/Pickpocket And in at least 3 cases it was very clear that they were hitting me from the front, I checked the log and saw which card they stole... But I forgot to screenshot, will do next time.

4. Assussanni

Assussanni Ogre

I only mentioned Steal because some of the War Monkeys (possibly only the chieftain) have Steal instead of/as well as Pickpocket. The first time I had a card stolen by Steal I thought Pickpocket had been played and that it was a bug. As you correctly point out, if Pickpocket is stealing cards from anywhere other than behind your character then it is a bug.

5. Zoorland

Zoorland Goblin Champion

I've run against some monkeys on the test server and every time Pickpocket steals a card, the monkey who used it was behind the character the card was stolen from. Every time Pickpocket hit my character from the front or side it did damage but never stole a card.

I'm not saying this *is* what's happening, but please remember that when a character gets hit they turn to face their attacker. Make sure you're paying attention to which way a character was facing before the attack, not just afterwards.

If, however, cards actually are being stolen from the front, then next time you see this happening, please do copy the log so we can try to track down what's causing the issue.

6. Undaddy

Undaddy Kobold

Will do! My first job in the games industry was QA and later QA Lead, but in sparetime mode, I didn't consider take screenshots right away... Not 100% sure now, but I will watch out!