Pathfinding broke the game

Discussion in 'Bugs' started by Mutak, Oct 1, 2013.

1. Mutak

Mutak Goblin Champion

BATTLE LOG: Scenario=Melvelous Crypt,Room=MELV (Mutak),RoomID=1442513,Msg=The active player is now Mutak
    BATTLE LOG: Player=Mutak,Scenario=Melvelous Crypt,Room=MELV (Mutak),RoomID=1442513,Event=PlayAction,Action=Pathfinding,Instigator=Saerine,Targets=
    BATTLE LOG: Scenario=Melvelous Crypt,Room=MELV (Mutak),RoomID=1442513,Msg=Mutak drew Counterspell for Saerine
    BATTLE LOG: Scenario=Melvelous Crypt,Room=MELV (Mutak),RoomID=1442513,Msg=ServerSelectCardsCommand::instruct selected card Counterspell
    BATTLE LOG: Scenario=Melvelous Crypt,Room=MELV (Mutak),RoomID=1442513,Group=Saerine,Event=Discard,Card=Counterspell

...(snip drawing and discarding a bunch of cards)...
    BATTLE LOG: Scenario=Melvelous Crypt,Room=MELV (Mutak),RoomID=1442513,Msg=Mutak drew Dangerous Maneuver for Saerine
    ...(snip drawing and discarding a bunch of cards 26 draw and discard - only 1 kept)...
    BATTLE LOG: Scenario=Melvelous Crypt,Room=MELV (Mutak),RoomID=1442513,Msg=Mutak drew Fire Spray for Saerine
    BATTLE LOG: Scenario=Melvelous Crypt,Room=MELV (Mutak),RoomID=1442513,Msg=ServerSelectCardsCommand::instruct selected card Fire Spray
    BATTLE LOG: Scenario=Melvelous Crypt,Room=MELV (Mutak),RoomID=1442513,Group=Saerine,Event=Discard,Card=Fire Spray
    BATTLE WARNING: Scenario=Melvelous Crypt,Room=MELV (Mutak),RoomID=1442513,Msg=Command::instruct Unhandled Instruction:
    (utf_string) type: selectCards
    (int_array) SELG: [1]
    (bool) IIU: false
    (int_array) SELCC: [0]
    (int_array) SELP: [0]

BATTLE WARNING: Scenario=Melvelous Crypt,Room=MELV (Mutak),RoomID=1442513,Msg=Command::instruct current command queue:
    com.cardhunter.battle.commands::DeckPeekCommand
    com.cardhunter.battle.commands::DeckToHandCommand
    com.cardhunter.battle.commands::FinishActionCommand
    com.cardhunter.battle.commands::IncrementActivePlayerCommand
    com.cardhunter.battle.commands::CheckForTraitsCommand
    com.cardhunter.battle.commands::StartScoringPhaseCommand
    com.cardhunter.battle.commands::StartDiscardPhaseCommand
    com.cardhunter.battle.commands::EndTurnCommand

BATTLE WARNING: Scenario=Melvelous Crypt,Room=MELV (Mutak),RoomID=1442513,Msg=Battle::run failed due to command error.
    BATTLE LOG: Scenario=Melvelous Crypt,Room=MELV (Mutak),RoomID=1442513,Msg=Received invalid instruction: forced defeat
    BATTLE LOG: Scenario=Melvelous Crypt,Room=MELV (Mutak),RoomID=1442513,Msg=Mutak was defeated
    BATTLE WARNING: Scenario=Melvelous Crypt,Room=MELV (Mutak),RoomID=1442513,Msg=Command::instruct Unhandled Instruction:
    (bool) IIU: false
    (sfs_object) HP:
    (sfs_array) peeks:
    (sfs_object)
    (utf_string) origin: Voltstaff
    (bool) logOnClient: false
    (int) card: 0
    (utf_string) type: Weak Parry
    (int) group: 1
    (int) owner: 0
    (int) cownerp: 0
    (int) cownerg: 1

(utf_string) type: handPeeks

BATTLE WARNING: Scenario=Melvelous Crypt,Room=MELV (Mutak),RoomID=1442513,Msg=Command::instruct current command queue:
    com.cardhunter.battle.commands::DeckToHandCommand
    com.cardhunter.battle.commands::GameOverPhaseCommand
    com.cardhunter.battle.commands::FinishActionCommand
    com.cardhunter.battle.commands::IncrementActivePlayerCommand
    com.cardhunter.battle.commands::CheckForTraitsCommand
    com.cardhunter.battle.commands::StartScoringPhaseCommand
    com.cardhunter.battle.commands::StartDiscardPhaseCommand
    com.cardhunter.battle.commands::EndTurnCommand

BATTLE WARNING: Scenario=Melvelous Crypt,Room=MELV (Mutak),RoomID=1442513,Msg=Battle::run failed due to command error.
    BATTLE LOG: Scenario=Melvelous Crypt,Room=MELV (Mutak),RoomID=1442513,Msg=Received invalid instruction: forced defeat

2. Jon

Jon Blue Manchu Staff Member

Hmm, it's not as simple as only having one move card left in your deck. I tested that and it worked fine.

I suspect something got out of sync before that. Not sure how to proceed here other than to gather more data and see if we can pin down a common factor.

3. Zoorland

Zoorland Goblin Champion

I can't seem to replicate on the test server, could you maybe give us your item builds? Might help suss things out. Also, were there any attachments on the character?

4. Mutak

Mutak Goblin Champion

Honestly, i can't remember the exact details of gear and attachments. I've been doing a bunch of different quests and have changed stuff out a lot. I assumed they could get the idea from the log and then use the room id to play it back for debugging if that wasn't enough.

5. Zoorland

Zoorland Goblin Champion

Well, the one card explicitly included above is Fire Spray and I've tested *almost* everything I and phaselock could think of for interactions between that and Pathfinding, but I can't find any correlation.

I've also gotten it to draw 1 move card and then empty the rest of my deck looking for a second one (when no more were in the deck), but when it reached the end of the deck it simply stopped as it was supposed to and didn't give me any trouble.

I don't know what to tell you. I'm out of time for tonight, but I'll look at it some more tomorrow.

6. Zoorland

Zoorland Goblin Champion

Oh, and Counterspell too, but I couldn't find any connection there, either.

7. attog

attog Mushroom Warrior

pathfinding with only one move card left broke the game for me as well. Workshop level 1, roomID= 271683

8. Phaselock

Phaselock Bugblatter

If you managed to capture the whole log/ share your item build, that'd be great. Zoorland and myself have been working on this for a while now. I believe smthg broke prior to Pathfinding which causes the bug to appear.

9. Zoorland

Zoorland Goblin Champion

Yeah, if we could get a full list of the cards that were drawn and/or discarded from the log, that would be really helpful, along with any attachments on any of the characters.

Also... what were the levels of your characters? Was this with a party of level 6/7/8 characters or with characters of a higher level? (The crux of what I'm asking here is, did the character in question have all of their equipment slots unlocked yet or not?)

10. attog

attog Mushroom Warrior

this is my low level 1 hit point challenge group, all elf wizards, all slots unlocked and filled with non token items. I finally had to remove the pathfinding cards as it was breaking too often. I do not know how to capture or export those log files.

11. Phaselock

Phaselock Bugblatter