Sneak peak of level 50 equipment!

Discussion in 'Card Hunter General Chat' started by OneMoreNameless, Sep 29, 2013.

1. OneMoreNameless

OneMoreNameless Goblin Champion

Guys, you have to see this. I know that Card Hunter's campaign is only released far enough along for level 18 drops, but my friend (I promised not to name them) just managed to hack into one of Blue Manchu's server-side databases and found records of the game's real endgame loot. (S)he only managed to extract the text entries, but I swear these are 100% legitimate absolutely-not-made-up cards that should eventually appear in game. Are you ready? Spoiler warning!

Obliterating Heal Heal 128. May Self Target. This card may increase health beyond its starting value. Place this card on top of your deck if played. What even is a cancer?
    Obliterating Block Roll 5+. Block any. Attacker reveals and removes from play all attack cards from their hand, deck, and discard pile. "Now that I know your moves, you would sooner harm the moon than I." - Rearguard Patrick Oneshoe
    Obliterating Dash Movement 24. Free Move. Cantrip. Attach and Stun 2 every character adjacent to every square of your path. The earth only moves because your feet spin it.
    Obliterating Skill Finding Draw a card. Repeat until your deck is empty. "You either know it or you don't." - Head Professor Quickstrap
    Obliterating Frost Jolt Magic Cold. Damage 6. Range 4. Encumber 8. Duration 8. If a card would cause target character to be pushed, instead target character is tipped over and may not play attack cards. "You can teach an old dog new tricks, so long as that trick is 'stay'" - Ice Wizard saying
    Obliterating Pick Pocket Melee Piercing. Damage 8. Range 2. If you are behind the target, remove their figurine and place it on any square as an ally under your control. Oh, look! What's that over there?
    Obliterating Whirlwind Place all characters, terrain attachments and victory locations on a random unoccupied square in a random ongoing multiplayer game. Look who just dropped in.
    Obliterating Firestarter (I'm not sure what this one does, it was linked to some sub-routine my friend refused to run because of "overclocking viruses" or "CPU recurrsion" or whatever. Probably just a beta glitch.)

Don't expect the campaign adventures to be too easy though, there's a pretty nasty drawback apparently planned for some of the gear:

Obliterating Trip Trait. Attach to self and all players lose the current game. Oops, did that button say self-destruct?

spacedust, xienwolf, karadoc and 3 others like this.
  2. Pengw1n

Pengw1n Moderately Informed Staff Member

3. Farbs

Farbs Blue Manchu Staff Member

Ow, my Gibsons!

Spooky2 likes this.
  4. smeata

smeata Mushroom Warrior

Pokemath likes this.
  5. rephikul

rephikul Mushroom Warrior

Dont forget the Raging Asunder Perforating Earthquake which literally split apart the board in a random straight row/column which doesnt contain the caster and kill (no save allowed) every characters in the half that doesnt contain the caster. Victory has never been easier.

6. Sir Knight

Sir Knight Sir-ulean Dragon

Hang on, hang on: I thought that was the item that crashed the shop where you sold it. Is that a different one?

Also, if you have any image-manipulation skills, you might consider taking a real "Obliterating" colored flare and putting it in the background behind your toupee image.

Edited P.S.: Did you see this post before choosing your current toupee?

7. xienwolf

xienwolf Goblin Champion

I absolutely NEED to build a deck that stacks Obliterating Whirlwinds now...

This list absolutely rocks btw... Thank you OP

8. progammer

progammer Ogre

9. Guises

Guises Goblin Champion

I really like the Obliterating Whirlwind idea. Could work that into the single player campaign - have an enemy which casts that and randomly forces people to play together. It only works for co-op, not PvP, but it's a creative approach to multiplayer.

10. Gerry Quinn

Gerry Quinn Goblin Champion

And supposedly there's a new race coming: Obliterating Troll. Every time an enemy character plays a card, Obliterating Troll's health increases by 10 million. The only way to win is to get it to 2147483647 health, then the next card played kills it.

Pokemath likes this.
  11. renders

renders Kobold

u trolls are funny

12. ElShafto

ElShafto Goblin Champion

I'm still waiting for the Obliterating Defenestration card.

13. Spooky2

Spooky2 Kobold

14. Kalin

Kalin Begat G'zok

15. Sir Veza

Sir Veza Farming Deity

This one is just a rumor -

Unforgivable Nastiness:
    • Closes and cancels opponent's ISP account.
    • Adds opponent's items to treasure drop.
    • Deletes opponent's Card Hunter account.
    • Draw a card.

16. xienwolf

xienwolf Goblin Champion

Sir Veza: The Unforgivable Nastiness was considered OP. So it now also does 1 Piercing damage to the caster. And 3 Piercing damage to the left index finger of the player.

17. zelink551

zelink551 Goblin Champion

Oowwwwww my finger!
    How many HP does my index finger have?
    Is it a dwarven or an elven finger?

18. Sir Veza

Sir Veza Farming Deity

Ahh, better. It seemed badly overpowered. It might partially offset by a handicap card.

Malignant Karma:
    Damage 2, Duration 3
    • Installs 5 random toolbars.
    • Installs 3 competing anti-viruses.
    • Adds 3 permanent SPAM beacons.
    • Discard 3 cards.
    Very few in any case. Postpone imminent violin recitals.

19. Pokemath

Pokemath Mushroom Warrior

You're forgetting the Obliterating Hot Spot: Target 255 squares (even those not in Line of Sight) become Game Breaker Lava (255 damage, discards top six cards of her deck that aren't gray, Burning 255 Duration 255.) To go with that, Obliterating Resistant Hide: Always activates against Fire, Poison, Electricity, Piercing, Impaling, Slicing, Crushing, Acid, and ragequitters smashing screen damage.

20. smeata

smeata Mushroom Warrior

Not sure why I didn't get an alert when you posted this. That post is part of the reason I chose to use this. The Orc Painting guy used that because it was his first legendary treasure, and the toupee was my very first legendary of any type so I figured it was appropriate. And it makes me smile whenever I see it, so thats a plus :)