[1830] Shimmering Squad

Discussion in 'Deck Building' started by Deepweed, Apr 15, 2021.

1. Deepweed

Deepweed Thaumaturge

I present the Shimmering Squad! It's a classic 2 warrior, 1 wizard Smoke Bomb deck which has done decently in the Vulcan maps. It's a break from all the Vengeance and priests and 1-1-1s you see around, and beats wizard decks nicely. Only one legendary item is irreplaceable (Heartripper), and other than that the deck uses mostly epics. I've been memed often for using Shimmering Aura, but the card has a niche in a deck like this.

How does it win versus warriors? Well, separating the priest via smoke means limited support from Martyr Blessing, Greater Heal, etc. Punishing Bolt is a strong scare card, and the warriors have four parries each. In general you have the tools to deal with almost anything.

Water terrain can be used to split off characters, block VPs, and more. When you're done creating an advantage with the water, you can clear it with smoke.

Many items on the warriors are replaceable and can be changed to fit certain metas or playstyles. I use Slice And Dice because it has a lot of raw power and outplay tools like Unnerving Strike. But Whirling Flail and the like are probably just as good.

As for playstyle, you usually take out one or two characters and win by victory points, but it depends often on your hand. The key is that there are a load of defensive tools on each warrior along with smoke, so you can make engagements safer and on your terms.

Shimmer
    Human Warrior

Shimmer
    Human Warrior

Spice
    Human Wizard

2. Pyrious

Pyrious Hydra

Why are you using Shimmering Aura when you're already using Smoke Bomb? smh. noob deck

3. Deepweed

Deepweed Thaumaturge

This is actually a fair point I forgot to mention, sarcasm aside. I use Shimmering Aura because it helps a lot with the laser malfunctions.

Reint, Flaxative and Sir Veza like this.
  4. Deepweed

Deepweed Thaumaturge

Since someone thinks I'm such a good player that I got this deck to 1800 by playing other decks, I'll state that I started playing this at around 1550-1600 rating with a 90% win rate up until 1800s. I don't normally drop below 1550 so this is a fair climb to me.

Sir Veza likes this.