Won 6 stars, but game says i lost

Discussion in 'Bugs' started by aliciav, Apr 25, 2019.

1. aliciav

aliciav Kobold

So i was holding position on victory spot, the game was 5 x 5 and enemy priest gave me acid guts curse. Then i died, the acid trigger, kill enemy priest, i receive 6 stars and game says i lost.

just happen like 20 min ago.

2. winner

winner Orc Soldier

what did the timer say?

3. aliciav

aliciav Kobold

timer? says "Defeated" i guess... didnt have time to read the log

4. caniponu

caniponu Kobold

Last edited: Apr 26, 2019
  5. caniponu

caniponu Kobold

And here is some info on how that card is supposed to work (copied from Scarponi):

Festering Guts

When Festering Guts is triggered, the order of damage dealt and potential victory conditions based on character deaths are as follows:
    1. Lethal damage applied to character w/Festering Guts attached.
      1. The character with Festering Guts dies (but is not yet removed from the board, no victory points awarded yet).
      2. Festering Guts triggers.
      3. Festering Guts applies damage to applicable inactive player's characters, in party order, one at a time (this could potentially trigger cascading Festering Guts occurrences).
        1. For each character, when damage is applied if it results in character death:
          1. Character is removed from board.
          2. Victory points (stars) awarded.
          3. The game checks to see if all the characters of either team (or both teams*) are dead, if so the game ends immediately.
          4. The game checks if either player has won by total victory points, if so, the game ends immediately.
      4. Festering Guts applies damage to applicable active player's characters, in party order, one at a time (this could potentially trigger cascading Festering Guts occurrences).
        1. For each character, when damage is applied if it results in character death:
          1. Character is removed from board.
          2. Victory points (stars) awarded.
          3. The game checks to see if all the characters of either team (or both teams*) are dead, if so the game ends immediately.
          4. The game checks if either player has won by total victory points, if so, the game ends immediately.
    2. The original killed character which had Festering Guts attached is now removed from the board.
      1. Its victory points (stars) are now awarded.
      2. The game checks to see if all the characters of either team are dead, if so the game ends immediately.
      3. The game checks if either player has won by total victory points, if so, the game ends immediately.

*The original character with Festering Guts that is killed is dead, but is not removed from the board until Festering Guts resolves. Because the game only checks for defeat by total team death when a character is removed from the board, if this was the last character alive for a player, that player will not be given a defeat until either a subsequent character dies and is removed from the board, or until Festering Guts resolves and the original character is removed (step 2.2 above), whichever comes first. With the former possibility, it would result in a double defeat if both players had only 1 character left.

ParodyKnaveBob likes this.
  6. aliciav

aliciav Kobold

actually he has the whole team while I have only 1 holding till the last.

7. aliciav

aliciav Kobold

so no GM gonna fix that... too bad

8. ParodyKnaveBob

ParodyKnaveBob Thaumaturge

I suspect your opponent was the active player at the time your final character died. I'll cut out the irrelevant parts and add my own [red+mono+bracketed] comments:
    Then there you go, game algorithm working as expected, even if not the most intuitive thing in the world. It counted your wiped party as a loss before it counted Victory Points.

9. aliciav

aliciav Kobold

I'm afraid this is not fixed yet. It just happen fews minutes ago, same situation.

[​IMG]

I won, but game says i lost, however, the score gaves me +19... thats weird...
    [​IMG]