Ozyola's Oddments Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Card Hunter General Chat' started by Pawndawan, Jan 20, 2016.

1. Reint

Reint Ogre

I'm just going to say that I liked all but one of the entries so far for one reason or another, so I think this is going to be a very interesting edition of the contest. Very well done with the topic, @Pawndawan !!

ParodyKnaveBob, Krunail and Pawndawan like this.
  2. Dragudo

Dragudo Kobold

After having a long and incredibly annoying DnD session with some friends that involved Were's (Werewolfs, Wererabbits, etc ) i decided to cool off with some card hunter, only to see that OO 3 was open, so using my mediocre photoshop skills, i created the Were class! Its a purposefully op, and partial joke submission! In the last 2 cards you can clearly see the i just painted over the previous names with using the brush tool, i couldn't find/to lazy blank card backgrounds and what not

ParodyKnaveBob and Pawndawan like this.
  3. timeracers

timeracers Guild Leader

Please be aware that blocking terrain includes both the blocking terrain you see and all of the outside of the board. (that's why in monster hunt there is 3 lines of invisible blocking terrain instead of 1)

4. Dragudo

Dragudo Kobold

Really? Huh, never knew that, i never thought to right click the space between boards, always thought it was two separate areas with boarders of there own, not one big boarder in-between

5. Kalin

Kalin Begat G'zok

They are separate boards (you can see the table). What timeracers means is that non-existent tiles count as blocking terrain for things like Anvil Strike and Wild Spark.

timeracers likes this.
  6. Pawndawan

Pawndawan Champion of Cardhuntria

Six (6) days to submit new race or character skill items for Ozyola's Oddments #3! OO #3 closes on Tuesday April 12th (2016-04-12), 12:00 UTC,

OO #1 had 25 and #2 had 27 submissions, so I really hope we get to 30 submissions this time. :)

7. timeracers

timeracers Guild Leader

Please properly format your submission according to the OP.

8. ParodyKnaveBob

ParodyKnaveBob Thaumaturge

Oh. I missed it. Hm. $:^ \

9. Pawndawan

Ozyola's Oddments #3 Community Choice Poll is now open!

Only nine (9) poll options, because the tenth spot was shared with two (2) items.
    #,Submitter,Item name,Likes
    1,Maniafig,Ace Attorney's Badge,13
    2,SceoMyntan,Chickening Out,12
    3,40c_rudy,Sneaky Git,11
    3,gulo gulo,Artemis' Blessing,11
    3,LieutenantCommanderData,Call of Luna,11
    6,Fanturluche,Frog Metamorphosis,10
    6,Hidden Jaguar,Patient Poisoner,10
    8,degensquared,Fascism,9
    8,Lucky Dice,Careless Offense,9
    10,Inkfingers,Junior Chipmunk Scout,8
    10,seth arue,Battle Mode,8
    12,Dieben,Mob-Mentality,6
    12,Killer74,Planeswalking,6
    12,think_panther,Hellish Baptizer,6
    15,Adunien,U Shall Not Pass,5
    15,Mama Mia,Amateur Buckaroo,5
    15,WexMajor,Living Battery,5
    18,Dragudo,Cursed Lineage,2
    19,BlackVoidDeath,Competative Sprinter,1
    20,hello world,Guardian Angel,0
    20,tghy71,F-F-Fire!,0

Only 21 total submission for OO #3. Seems like some found the theme / restriction too hard or too time consuming since you had to come up with new race or class before creating the item. Nevertheless, lots of good submission, some of which didn't make it to the poll.

seth arue likes this.
  10. ParodyKnaveBob

@tghy71, I get bonus points, I get bonus points! $E^ D

When I saw the title, I thought, ha, that's kind of funny, I wonder if there's any connection to... And then I saw the race! Ha ha! And the cards! Beautiful! $X^ D (However, I'm unsure of the Laser Bolt card in strict connection with your item's name/theme. I can't help but wonder if Radiation Bomb would've been better, even if it also wouldn't have been strictly accurate; come to think of it, Destructive Purge might've been funny just for its illustration, heh, but esp for F-F-Fire! the Rad Bomb would still probably be better. Anyway! The rest of the whole thing is just so hilariously spot-on! Thanks for the laugh! $E^ D heheh)

~~

I'm actually surprised that no one went with Jeweler Class. Huh.

If I'd gotten around to entering, I was thinking maybe Bard Class...
    [​IMG][​IMG] + something else (Jump, Soldier! is too high in power cost, and something as simple as Attack/Block, Soldier! could work but .. eh) ... Aloyzo's Arena sounded funny except that the joke gets lost in translation: its inspiration, Shahrazad, is all about some storytime shenanigans, but the Arena .. doesn't especially share that theme really... plus it would be better with a card mock-up image anyway. ... Otherwise, a Bard being Adapted to Sonic? Eh, I don't know about that. A Bard might even be more susceptible to Sonic, ha. ... Anyway, never really landed on a solid third card I guess.

40c_rudy and Pawndawan like this.
  11. timeracers

timeracers Guild Leader

You can add your own ratings for those cards for that class.

12. ParodyKnaveBob

Very true. One thing I've noticed though is, in general, a card more strongly attached to a class's general function tends to be more highly valued, and conversely for a card less strongly attached to a class's general function. Examples: Many armor cards have lower values on wizards (who usually aren't associated with much armor). Jump Back has lower value on Warriors (who would generally lose out at Range 2). Therefore, I considered it counter-intuitive to lower Sonic card values for Bards; I even toggled Sonic values on Default vs. Humans using Vakaz's tool and didn't see a change, and so far, (so far as I know anyway,) Humans are the only Sonic-using player characters for comparison.

Thank you for the input, though. $:^ ]

13. seth arue

seth arue Thaumaturge

Inspiring Presence, of course! Main thing a Bard learns early on is Song of Inspiration.

14. tghy71

tghy71 Orc Soldier

@ParodyKnaveBob , Good Job!

I put laser bolt in my item because in Mother 3, when you fight a Pigmask (any rank (I'm not sure about Navy SQUEALS, though)), it can 'fire a beam'. The screen then shows a laser bolt going towards the player. Although you don't fight Pigmasks during the forest fire, they are the ones who start it. It could also be replaced with radiation bomb, destructive purge, or something else. Come to think of it, the game doesn't say what their beam is, so it could be radiation bolt, fire bolt, bolt, etc. :) Too late to change it anyways, I guess. Again, good job noticing the reference!

ParodyKnaveBob likes this.
  15. ParodyKnaveBob

@tghy71: Super quickly, I was just thinking like so..

bombs start forest fire - *cough* weird creatures soon found in forest (a couple bugs and that mouse..) - Radiation Bomb
    general theme (even creepily exhibited in the game's logo) - Destructive Purge
    $:^ P

You're right, though, I forgot about the "shot a beam!" attack. Good flavor there. $:^ ]

(Come to think of it, a lower-level Pig Skill might look exactly like "Trained Panicking" from the Halloween AA submissions. Ha ha ha ha! (Raise the Alarm, Trip, Fumble))

tghy71 likes this.
  16. Kalin

Kalin Begat G'zok

Need a theme for OO4?

17. seth arue

seth arue Thaumaturge

Woo! 6x Flatten, back on the table..... =P

ParodyKnaveBob likes this.
  18. tghy71

tghy71 Orc Soldier

So! Ever gonna be an OO 4?

19. Pawndawan

I have some ideas for future OO themes, but the current (OO 1 - 2) review / feedback format is too much work for me, so I either need to out-/crowd-source it or drastically downsize it.

Thoughts / opinions?

20. timeracers

timeracers Guild Leader

I like the idea of outsourcing it, I am willing to provide feedback for it.
    PS: I am better at objective feedback then subjective feedback