moar wild speculation

Discussion in 'Card Hunter General Chat' started by neoncat, Dec 10, 2014.

1. Kalin

Kalin Begat G'zok

New level 21 adventure!

Maniafig, j3st3ri, Aerendhil and 4 others like this.
  2. Aerendhil

Aerendhil Ogre

This makes my day :)
    ... I'm an easy-going guy.

3. Gingrich Yurr

Gingrich Yurr Thaumaturge

So Reckless Lycanthropy will be the reward, it seems. That's quite a good reward, will be great for the handicap quests.

hello world likes this.
  4. Pawndawan

Pawndawan Champion of Cardhuntria

CT5, SceoMyntan, Stexe and 4 others like this.
  5. Maniafig

Maniafig Thaumaturge

Youch, I can see why these will be level 21 modules, I'm looking forward to seeing what other crazy cards we'll see. And a 4-stage module, it's been a while since we've last had one of those!

Here's hoping CoC Mokad will get Wail.

Flaxative likes this.
  6. Stexe

Stexe #2 in Spring PvP Season

FLAVOR FLAVOR!

7. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

Get hype!

The text on Wail isn't correct :)

Gingrich Yurr, CT5 and Maniafig like this.
  8. alikus2

alikus2 Kobold

first adventure will be free?

9. DunDunDun

DunDunDun Thaumaturge

Even at emerald, Too Horrible feels like it should be 3+, rather'n 2.
    At the very least, between that and Shield Block's changes, Laser Block is looking like a worse and worse emerald by comparison.. :X

10. It's probably supposed to say FLAVOR FlAVOR instead.

11. Pawndawan

+ Unblockable.

karadoc likes this.
  12. karadoc

karadoc Hydra

Maybe a cone attack with some range... maybe 'all characters' rather than 'enemies'...

13. DunDunDun

DunDunDun Thaumaturge

Honestly, when I first read it, I had to reread it to make sure that wasn't what it said. That's just where my mind jumped to [based both on the comparative value of emerald to amethyst, and how such a mechanic typically works in similar games].
    After that, I just assumed the fact that it wasn't unblockable is what served as a counter-balance. If that's in place, then I can only assume Manchu intentionally wants Amethysts to stand out noticeably in potency.

Balancing aside, at first consideration I'm definitely more in favor of a clear-all-blocks [regardless of ownership] mechanic, since that has more inherent strategic depth than a 'screw my enemies' mechanic.
    Oh well, no way of telling how it'll play out till it plays out. But if it's as indicated thus far, definitely hope Manchu gives it actual time for testing before launching it, unlike RTS just a moment ago. :confused:

My main concern, however, is that CM already offered noticable power creep- but given that it helped balance item slots a lot better, it seemed a positive thing.
    But with Too Horrible and Wail now being pushed out.. it's a bit worrisome, at first glance. I've seen too many MMOs crash and burn once they stop sticking to a restrained sense of balancing.

14. Pawndawan

I've assumed that those new CM cards would be monster-only campaign cards.

Maniafig and Melancthon like this.
  15. Valadilene

Valadilene Lizardman Priest

So, we will be getting an Aloyso's about Mitternacht cards, right? Hmm, what item idea would be good....

*inserts one of the new CM cards*

16. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

I can confirm that players will never get these cards.

Kalin and Maniafig like this.
  17. DunDunDun

DunDunDun Thaumaturge

Oh, I'm so used to not-intended-for-player cards having utterly silly quality values, that the mostly reasonable assignments here threw me off.
    Well then, by all means- these seem like they'd be fun to play against. :)

Maloqi, MathuranF and Flaxative like this.
  18. Pyrious

Pyrious Hydra

Can we keep the flavor text on Freezing Blade just as "FLAVOR FLAVOR"? It's hilarious.

19. Vlamona

Vlamona Thaumaturge

Prediction: There will be a banshee.

20. boro

boro Goblin Champion

Any word yet on the holiday shop?