[Feedback] Galvatron

Discussion in 'Castle Mitternacht Playtest' started by Galvatron, Oct 4, 2016.

1. Galvatron

Galvatron Orc Soldier

My current deck, some basic BJSS variation made to test few new cards:

Human Warrior One
    Level 1 Human Warrior

Human Warrior Two
    Level 1 Human Warrior

Human Warrior Three
    Level 1 Human Warrior

Last edited: Oct 4, 2016
  2. Galvatron

Galvatron Orc Soldier

Game 1: vs Nimabi

Elf Wizard
    Human Wizard
    Human Priest

Control deck with Entangling Roots, Gust of War, Wall of Fire and Path of Knives. Turn 1 was harsh with Lava Pool, roots and some teleports, Turn 2 was super easy as I drew one Wind Dancer with many step attacks, closed distance with whole party and easily outdamaged opponent. One of my few Unrealiable Blocks triggered right when it should and by Turn 3 game was over.

Game 2: vs Nimabi

Elf Wizard
    Human Wizard
    Human Priest

Found out his/her deck is about new Pathfinding/Ancient Grudge combo. The priest used Entangling Roots 4-5 times during first two turns, cast few Lava Pools with few Pathfinding/Grudge combos and of course few Gusts of War. On open map like Celestial Dojo it actually looks strong but I still managed to kill one character before losing game. And none of my Unrealiable Blocks triggered this time.

Game 3: vs Fanturluche

Human Wizard
    Dwarf Priest
    Dwarf Priest

Another combo/control deck. Unsure of details but it seems turning someone into Zombie with Blind Rage and using Accelerate Time was one of features. Again Vanguard/Wind Dancer/Step attacks pressure turned out to be overwhelming, and even with his blocks and heals I was easily able to outmaneuver and outdamage him. In my build Vanguard and Step attacks easily allow to outflank blocks.

Game 4: vs ACoe520

Elf Priest
    Human Warrior
    Human Warrior

Probably Werewolf deck. Apparently game had some bug: "ACoe520 says: we have a bug, it says wind dancer has triggered for (Event target groups)", but we kept playing. Anyway his Werewolf blocked my attack and turned into Zombie then died fast, overwhelmed. I had much armor this game which is rare. He managed to deal lot of damage to one of my warriors but thanks to mobility granted by all Step moves and Vanguard I have easily pulled damaged warrior back while using other warrior to bodyblock path.

Game 5: vs Fanturluche

Human Wizard
    Dwarf Priest
    Dwarf Priest

His deck was probably exactly same as before. Two Vanguards on Turn 1 and his priest was dead. Then Wizard died on Turn 2 and next Turn game was over. One of my Wind Dancer Warriors had like five Unrealiable Blocks on his hand when he got struck by a Vampire's Kiss. The outcome was rather obvious. Moreover I do wonder myself should I modify deck, and add own priest with Frenzies and... Vampire's Kisses - because they combo so well with Wind Dancer.

Last edited: Oct 4, 2016
    40c_rudy likes this.
  3. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

Hey, thanks for this, got you at 5 games. We're making some changes soon so stay tuned for that.

4. Galvatron

Galvatron Orc Soldier

Small weapon modification to add some variety.

Human Warrior One
    Level 1 Human Warrior

Human Warrior Two
    Level 1 Human Warrior

Human Warrior Three
    Level 1 Human Warrior

5. Galvatron

Galvatron Orc Soldier

Game 6: vs Pyrious

Elf Wizard
    Human Priest
    Human Priest

Round 1 one of my warriors got turned into Zombie and spiked badly. Still, with step attacks I have managed to get with Zombie to enemy heroes but there were like four blocks - mainly Parries and Cause Fumbles, followed by massive amounts of damaging spells including Punishing Bolts that in theory should be strong against Wind Dancer and Inquisition Bolts. Round two, another warrior turned into Zombie, more blocks and damaging spells. Round three same, seems his whole deck resolved around turning enemies into Zombies and then outblocking them with massive amount of Parries. One of my warriors nearly died so I moved him back to capture VP. Round four I have managed to kill Elf Wizard with some step attacks that I decided to keep on hand to overcome his Telekinesis, Barge and similar. After that for few rounds we just kept exchanging blows, where I had much more damage and he had all the blocks and parries possible. He stopped moving his characters realizing that I will always be able to catch them in melee and strike their back. More of my warriors turned into Zombies, but it didn't matter because on Round 7 he lost another character and game was over. Now I just do wonder what his deck do against wizards. Also not happy with changes I made to original deck.

Game 7: vs Fanturluche

Human Priest
    Human Priest
    Human Priest

Round one I had Violent Spin and two Vanguards, so one of his priest was dead even when he had Defender's Block. Round two he had more Defender's Blocks, Parries and Swarms of Bats, he also healed much with lifedraining attacks. Round three, I killed another priest but his last one had another set of Defender's Blocks and Parries. One of my warriors got hit badly but again I moved him back to VP while bodyblocking path. On Round four he conceded the game. The map was Celestial Dojo.

Game 8: vs Fanturluche

Elf Warrior
    Human Priest
    Elf Wizard

Another game on Cyberspace Dojo. Compared to other games didn't draw anything special on Round one and two, so by large game was stalled. Of course as every of his decks he had plenty of meele blocks. Round three his wizard was dead. He managed to turn one of my warriors to Zombie at end of Round four and I forgot that there's Blind Rage added by that 'Undeath' card so I took heavy damage and lost one warrior. Then we exchanged blows. On Round seven I finally managed to get through his Dodges by being able to outflank his character and keep striking from back and game was over.

Last edited: Oct 10, 2016
  6. Galvatron

Galvatron Orc Soldier

The Lunginator Warrior wasn't really the best, for some reason he seriously lacked damage and did not fit these games I've played so his weapons were altered.

Human Warrior One
    Level 1 Human Warrior

Human Warrior Two
    Level 1 Human Warrior

Human Warrior Three
    Level 1 Human Warrior

7. Galvatron

Galvatron Orc Soldier

Game 9: vs KKarma

Human Priest
    Human Priest
    Human Priest

Cyberspace Dojo, another game where I didn't get anything good on starting hand. Now I do believe it's good to simply pass turn until you draw Vanguard/Dancing Dervish on second turn to get those extra cards/moves but I don't do that. I don't think his build was was polished, he had some Vanguards and Arrogant Armors that didn't combo that well together. On the other hand I do believe Arrogant Armor is now much stronger card because it prohibits 'forms'. Also, this was another boring game of Armors+Blocks+Lifedraining attack Priests vs Warriors. Opponent left on Round four.

Game 10: vs vitreo2084

Elf Warrior
    Human Wizard
    Human Wizard

The map was Crypt Feast. Round one I've passed and saved moves. Got Vanguard and Wind Dancer on round two. As map was big, I took VP's and passed. Seems his wizards have much of Flash Flood. Round three, more Flood everywhere and first contact. Mages are probably Flood/Grudge/TK/Vanguard, at least that's what I've seen so far. Around 15 squares in Flood, one Warrior blocked off but on round four Wizard got eliminated and next round game was over.

Last edited: Oct 10, 2016
  8. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

Thank you for all your help with the Castle Mitternacht playtest.

Unless you posted more in another thread (in which case, sorry I missed it), I have you at 10 games.

You will receive 2 Epic Mitternacht chest when this content is released.