Aloyzo's Arsenal Official SUBMISSION Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Card Hunter General Chat' started by Flaxative, Nov 19, 2015.

1. Dieben

Dieben Lizardman Shopkeeper

I am bored so I was watching this short video and decided to post it here, hopefully it furthers the discussion somehow.

mod-edit: No, it doesn't. Next time you're bored, post a video about kittens or something and refrain from material with such a rough language.

Dieben OOC edit: The original video was a screamer. I knew it was loud, so I originally watched it on mute and only watched the first half because I'm lazy, this was a mistake as I ended up missing out that there was offensive content at the end of the video. My apologies for this error, it will not be made again.

Here is a mod-approved video in atonement.

So as to actually contribute to the discussion: I think that Acid Pool should be replaced with All Out Attack on any John Cena itemization.

Last edited: Mar 26, 2016
  2. ParodyKnaveBob

ParodyKnaveBob Thaumaturge

@Inkfingers and @Lucky Dice: "Button Mashing Combo"? ("Desperate Finishing Move"?)

On another note, six pages ago, I wrote a post discussing a few different topics including at length Forward Thinking, leaving several things open-ended but also asking a few specific questions. Did anyone have any thoughts on these things?

One additional insight I've had lately concerns @DupleX's "Long-Term Planner" Human Skill (15 (minortoken) U -- FT x2, Slowed). I've been running Advanced Flexibility a lot more recently, and I've found that those Slowed cards can actually be really helpful in a match, especially round 1, turn 1. Need to pass without passing? Here, have a Move 0. Therefore, I now appreciate Long-Term Planner a lot more and would very, very likely run it at some point if it won. (Because yay FT. $:^ P )

3. Deepweed

Deepweed Thaumaturge

Here's my opinion on your post:

Burning Fingers: filler card for fire items which is too weak on its own and doesn't need better itemization. It's like Magma Spray, but is better suited for applying attachments instead of actual damage. See Boiling Warper, Staff Of Embers, Furnace Staff.
    Acid Jet: too versatile a card to have too many copies of, otherwise you'll end up with items like Vibrant Pain in terms of flexibility. Maybe a new item could have three copies of it, but be hindered by low-range cards also. I clamored for an item with more than three copies of it before, but I realized it isn't reasonable. There are several great items with it, like Pearwood Staff and Sour Staff, and EttSC added even more.
    Destructive Purge: I made an answer to this, Cataclysmic Radcannon, that was not even mentioned in the video and did not get particular attention that round. Maybe because Destructive Purge is a strong card and having an item with three copies of it is quite risky. It might be worth resubmitting if people actually claim that they like it, though, since it does fit both criteria very well.
    Forward Thinking: I agree on this, and even made an answer, Tactical Thinking (which might as well be renamed Bloody Thinking). I like Long-Term Planner as well; I'm just concerned about the token cost (it works for Advanced Flexibility because you actually have to have good cards for your deck searches with Leadership to work). Regarding your item suggestions with the card, I'd want two copies of it if I'm going to run it, because one copy is seemingly obsolete unless you draw it round 1.
    Enchanted Mail: I expressed my opinion on this in the last few pages of the thread.

ParodyKnaveBob likes this.
  4. Thanks for all the help. I decided to post first version of The green stripper pole (4 acid jet, 2 dissolve armor) to AA
    If someone wants to use other of the ideas, be free of use it

5. j3st3ri

j3st3ri Thaumaturge

It's a really good staff and I'd gladly use it. It just seems too powerful to have a chance in this competition.

Perhaps one of those Acid Jets could be changed into Acid Spray?

Also Melt Armor seems more interesting than Dissolve Armor, since it's only found on one item at the moment.

Last edited: Mar 26, 2016
  6. Robauke

Robauke Guild Leader

@Deepweed could you settle for something already? I'm getting alerts about AA submissions and then i have to go "aww, its just another change of heart".

7. Grimmace

Grimmace Ogre

8. Robauke

Robauke Guild Leader

timeracers likes this.
  9. j3st3ri

j3st3ri Thaumaturge

Good Staff, athough it's lvl 15 and not 16. (weapons with a level of x.5 can be rounded down to the lower level)
    Great suggestion; replacing the Flash Of Agony with Arcane Beam would make it lvl 17.

10. Sir Veza

Sir Veza Farming Deity

And reduce it from Epic to Rare, to make it more easily obtained.

11. Deepweed

Deepweed Thaumaturge

I like the idea of an Arcane staff. My problem with it is, your item does not really make a better itemization for a single card, which is the criterion. Missile Block is really overcosted for wizards, for some reason, but I really love the flavor and you did note that the arcane staffs had blocks.

For Arcane spells, I think some min-maxing action could work. Look at Counterblast Staff - it has a wonderful collection of cards at level 17.5 (thus only major/minor token cost) but it's not seeing that much play. Forgetfulness works in every rotation - there's a big chance there's a bad-ass priest or wiz in any team, and if there's none, you could remove all-purpose blocks on the opponent or hope to discard a Force Field (which is really popular).

ParodyKnaveBob likes this.
  12. Dieben

Dieben Lizardman Shopkeeper

I feel like this item would benefit massively from rearranging the card order.

I'd suggest:
    Sprint, Reaching Swing or Shifty Stab, whichever you skipped, Polearm Slash, Leap, Flight Aura.

13. Grimmace

Grimmace Ogre

Truth be told, I was considering arcane beam over missile block, if it meant getting selected I would gladly change it

14. Lord Feleran

Lord Feleran Guild Leader

This doesn't seem to be very popular among you, guys. It would definitely be the best item (there are only shields atm) with Icy Block, no? And a considerable tokenless shield too.

15. DupleX

DupleX Champion of Cardhuntria

It's a legendary and is very similar to other tokenless legendary shields. That being said it is probably the most attractive Icy Block shield (Some pushback parries would lower the rarity and increase the power maybe).

16. Robauke

Robauke Guild Leader

But icy block isnt very desirable in the first place. Unlike a cheap autoblock.
    @Grimmace, the missile block is fine, the design is fine as it is.

17. HisRoyalHygiene

HisRoyalHygiene Guild Leader

I'd like to see more icy block, considering it's the only way for warriors to get halt, it's a pretty interesting card. Putting it with two pushback parrys would directly contrast it to slippery and hexagon shields, which would make for an interesting bit of variety. I think subtle parry is underrated so I like the design as is but you could always split the different and go with one pushback and one subtle.

18. Robauke

Robauke Guild Leader

True, anvil strike, fiery stab ans icy block are the only warrior cards that attach. Encumber 2 isnt 'halt' by far though and unless you plan to run with your warrior from another warrior, what good is it.

19. HisRoyalHygiene

HisRoyalHygiene Guild Leader

Well, I'm getting my terms wrong. Of course, I meant encumber. Certainly, giving your warrior some room to retreat is useful but it's also handy for slowing down an evasive mage.

ParodyKnaveBob and seth arue like this.
  20. Macizo

Macizo Guild Leader

Feedback on the item i post.

Macizo
    Crescent Spear
    Weapon

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

timeracers and ParodyKnaveBob like this.