Crazy game mechanics report

Discussion in 'Card Hunter General Chat' started by LieutenantCommanderData, Jan 8, 2016.

1. A very odd scenario happened to me today, so I figured I'd let you guys know how it works out for future reference. I used Lunging Bash + All Out Attack + All Out Attack and hit an enemy who had Barbed Platemail. It triggered, sending damage my way. This triggered my Sparkling Mail, which gave me the opportunity to move before my Lunging Bash damage was dealt. After much discussion with @Scarponi and in world chat, I decided to move away, then the enemy died to my attack even though I was 2 squares away. So, now you know! :D

2. Jacques

Jacques Hydra

Interesting. Here's another one I remember from MP: enemy attacks on my warrior, who has Dodge, an attack card and Sparkling Cloth Armor, while he also has Path Of Knives attached. Dodge triggers succesfully, I move 1 away, then Path of knives triggers, I take 1 damage, then the armor triggers and I return to my previous position so that I can attack back, thinking I had already dodged his attack. But when I come back, I receive the full damage from his attack.

ParodyKnaveBob and SceoMyntan like this.
  3. Sir Veza

Sir Veza Farming Deity

Just because it's all sequential doesn't mean it isn't convoluted.

4. Scarponi

Scarponi Moderator

Reminds me of this little gem. :D

Jacques likes this.
  5. Jacques

Jacques Hydra

Lol, that's hilarious. I saw you called that a "bug". Are these bugs or is it supposed to work this way? (maybe, besides being counterintuitive, they wanted to be this way). Also, if I would have returned next to the warrior but in a different square, what whould have happened?

6. Pawndawan

Pawndawan Champion of Cardhuntria

First of all, Dodge is not a block card, so it doesn't cancel the attack, if you stay on range for whatever reason / effect.

7. Scarponi

Scarponi Moderator

Fwiw, the actual breakdown can be seen above (from the FAQ). The key point of question in both LCD's and Jacques' scenarios is step 12 (whether an attack will be canceled or not). LCD's scenario was triggered by secondary effects from Barbed Platemail (13.2) which occurs after step 12, so the damage still occurred even though he'd lost adjacency. Jacques' scenario triggered cascading effects all at step 7, so when he returned within range, step 12 did not cancel the attack.

Last edited: Jan 8, 2016