Turret Tango 2.0

Discussion in 'Custom Scenarios and Boards' started by LieutenantCommanderData, Nov 24, 2015.

1. By far the biggest complaint I hear from people (myself included) is that the current Turret Tango map gives a huge advantage to whoever goes first in that you can take up all 4 "premium" spots which are at the center of the map and outside the sight of either turret. My edit simply stretches the map by a couple rows and moves a few pillars to preserve the tiles' premium status. Also, this map should probably be 15 minutes instead of 10. :p

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    http://imgur.com/a/dJbIq

Attached Files:

2. Kalin

Kalin Begat G'zok

How does that affect the range of the turret attacks?

3. Pawndawan

Pawndawan Champion of Cardhuntria

Random Laser Barrage has range 8, so you still can shoot the two closest enemy spiders on their spawn points, but there are some more safe spots from friendly fire close to the enemy turret.

4. This makes it so that whoever goes first can't simply Scamper all 4 of their spiders into the spots that are invisible to both turrets.

5. billiska

billiska Ogre

For lazy people, here is the image of the current Turret Tango for your convenience in comparing:
    [​IMG]

6. Sir Veza

Sir Veza Farming Deity

On behalf of us lazy people, I heartily thank you, @billiska ! :)

ParodyKnaveBob and Inkfingers like this.
  7. ParodyKnaveBob

ParodyKnaveBob Thaumaturge

I'm overall fine with Turret Tango as-is, but I certainly wouldn't have any problem guaranteeing the opening move (barring Forced Rotate of course) gets only two "premium" spots with other still-decent spots available. Nice edit, Mr. Data. ~nod~ $:^ ]