Rate my Randimar's Rarities

Discussion in 'Card Hunter General Chat' started by Will-, Sep 22, 2013.

1. j3st3ri

j3st3ri Thaumaturge

Mullik's Blisterstaff is a good alternative for Staff Of The Inferno when it comes to low level farming, especially if you're concerned about the Combustible. (I prefer SotI)

Third Crazy Sal's Halberd isn't too much, if you're playing with multiple warriors. All three on one warrior though.. I don't know. (at least blind rage is guaranteed to last on your warrior the whole battle)

Giant Skeletal Arm is rubbish. I don't have any, since I sell every useless item I get immediately.

2. Sir Veza

Sir Veza Farming Deity

I use 2x Mullik's Blisterstaff on my tokenless non-combustible farming wizard. (The other two double down on SotI.) The Force Cones often come in handy as well, but it's a lot of gold to shell out for a low level item. I was lucky enough to farm mine, so I didn't have to make that call.

Juxtapostion likes this.
  3. hatchhermit

hatchhermit Hydra

So I have the option to get The Softener. I'm tempted since it really mitigates those high damage hits in SP.

4. Pawndawan

Pawndawan Champion of Cardhuntria

High damage hits in SP? Usually you're just better with spamming Impenetrable Nimbus. Cushioning Armor is pretty good against Blizkenripper's O. Hacks, but just watch out for Perfect Block.

I'm not saying it's not a good buy for SP, but I think The Softener has more value in MP.

5. Melancthon

Melancthon Ogre

So I took the Console, because I didn't have one already, and because I have other Burrft options. If I pick up a legendary treasure before the week is out, I'll probably grab my second Searing Pain as well.

Pawndawan likes this.
  6. hatchhermit

hatchhermit Hydra

I don't play with Impenetrable Nimbus very often if at all. Not because I'm against it or anything. I just don't think of it very often as an option.

I totally agree that The Softener has more value in MP. I'm on the fence on it, but I don't know really of anything else I'm looking forward to buying.

Off topic: I got your item the other day. It's was awesome using it on my wizard when doing some handicap quests!

Pawndawan likes this.
  7. Pawndawan

Yeah, it totally depends on your current collection and gold reserves. Xek's Nanocarbon Plate is an acceptable budget substitute.

I just recently bought my first The Softener and I'm thinking of running it Sanctum of the Cyber Tyrant, because why not, I have already three double major weapons. :) And Cushioning Armor is pretty annoying to play against on the last battle (The Sanctum), when I just want to blast Marie-France et al. with Punishing Bolts.

8. j3st3ri

j3st3ri Thaumaturge

If I would have the chance to buy The Softener, I would. And I'm just a single player. I can see it useful as soon as you can use major tokens; Ogres have sweeps and Trees have smashes. (and these are just the tip of the iceberg when it comes to their arsenal)

hatchhermit and Sir Veza like this.
  9. Rebel7284

Rebel7284 Ogre

10. Pawndawan

Flaxative likes this.
  11. medetec

medetec Kobold

I'm pretty new to the game, don't have much in the way of gear. I've saved up 5k over the few weeks ive been playing. Randimar has some interesting options but I don't know if I should just stockpile the gold and wait for other items or if any of these are must buys. If I mess up posting the items I'll try and fix it shortly, this is my first post :/

Bug Zapper 2000
    Reaper's Scythe
    The Softener
    White Flame

12. Ector

Ector Hydra

You should buy The Softener, it's a very powerful armor that cannot be replaced. I don't have it myself :) White Flame is also very powerful, but it requires a lot of other burning items that you may miss.

13. medetec

medetec Kobold

Alright thanks!

Picked up The Softener, and I was looking at some fire builds. White Flame seems nice but yeah I don't currently have much to use it with. Guess I'll hold off and keep a reserve to make sure I can get a Bleneth's Skull if it ever graces one of my shops.

Ector likes this.
  14. Accent

Accent Hydra

15. karadoc

karadoc Hydra

I'm pleased with Randimar's offering this week. Here are some items that I like the look of:

I already have the ones with (*) next to them, and I don't think I'll buy more of them. I'm just listing them because I think they're good items.

I'm pleased that Ixtli Amulet has come up again. I was meaning to buy it when it was in the Daily Deal a week or so ago, but I forgot about it and I've been regretting it ever since. So I'm glad to get another chance at that. :)

I'll most likely just buy the Ixtli, and Reality Warper; but I'm interest in other opinions too.

Here are a few other items which I'm less interested in:
    Bronson's looks like fun - but I doubt I'd actually use it. Laser whip is over-valued, and so I'd always feel like I should just pick on of the many other more powerful (majortoken)(majortoken) weapons.

16. Pawndawan

@karadoc: Reality Warper and Ixtli Amulet would be my first and only picks out of those too. Reality Warper is my favorite of the Warpers. Bleneth's Frenzy Charm is strong, but I think one is enough. There a only few (minortoken)(minortoken) staves I would consider using and even fewer I'd consider buying, Dianon's Staff, Sabo's Flamespit Staff & Voltstaff don't make it to either of those lists.

Peonprop seems to be fan of the Korenchkin's Tactical Tunic, but I haven't even considered building around it, even though I've looted two of those. Like you said, there are many powerful (majortoken)(majortoken) weapons, so don't bother with Reaper's Scythe or Bronson's Halberd.

There are better and/or cheaper Sprint, Team! helmets than Wenham's Leather Coif and Mathilda's Locket is all over the place, so I wouldn't consider those either.

I bought my first Rockshard Robes from Randi's. The only good / interesting legendary for me is Bloodshield Of Xoc. I might have to re-consider my never buy legendary shield, if DD doesn't offer anything worth buying the whole week.

karadoc likes this.
  17. Deepweed

Deepweed Thaumaturge

Do note that Dianon's Staff and other staffs with very high damage and low cost are strong in warrior metas such as the current meta.

18. Bandreus

Bandreus Thaumaturge

Wow, Randi is being kinder than usual to me as of late

Crazy Sal's Halberd - Have one, but still can't pass on it
    Flame Warper - Guess this is the best option for an Accelerate Time / Fire build

Other nice stuff I'm not planning on picking.
    General Jelom's Helm - Have two already, those'll be enough for the time being.
    Kelvin's Chunk Of Ice - Have one already and, while a second could be nice, can't justify spending the 2.5K when other good stuff is available
    Knife Of St. Blenko - Have one already, so no thank you.
    Zoltan's Laser Scourge - Already got one. Don't like this weapon much, so I'll pass.

19. Accent

Accent Hydra

I was fortunate enough to drop one of these relatively early, I would like to get around to making a Laser Whip build.

20. Christofff

Christofff Guild Leader

Could be worth getting a second. Word on the street is Flaxative has made a Laser Whip combo deck that never loses :p. In that case you'll want minimum 4 Whip weapons ;)

Flaxative likes this.