Champions of Cardhuntria: Discussion/FAQ/Grouping

Discussion in 'Card Hunter General Chat' started by DunDunDun, Aug 10, 2015.

1. DunDunDun

DunDunDun Thaumaturge

The tournament's challonge page can be viewed here: http://challonge.com/CHCoC

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Have questions, want to discuss the event, or find members for your party?

Post here!

Questions and Answers.
    Explain the restrictions more- can my party consist of: Elf Wizard, Elf Wizard, Dwarf Warrior?
    Nope. You could run Elf Wizard, Human Wizard, Dwarf Warrior; or you could run Elf Wizard, Elf Priest, Dwarf Warrior.
    Note your party can change its configuration between each match, so long as only one race or class is duplicated afterward.
    Click here for a more indepth explanation.

When do we have to divulge our party setups, and to whom?
    Your party leader must submit a new party setup [to me, through forum private messaging] at least one day prior to the start of your next match.
    If no new setup is received in time, your old setup must be used.
    You will never have to reveal your classes, races, or items used to anyone other than a tournament referee [see bottom of the event post for a list of referees] until the match begins.

Diqualified/Withdrawn Teams
    Ezio Withdrawn
    Bad_Weather Withdrawn
    CheckMate Gaming Withdrawn
    6ix.glockz4sale
    , Undernava, Bloodyharry
    Knights Who Say Gnome Withdrawn
    Fifjunior, Scarponi, Merdis

U.S.S. Enterprise Night Crew
    LieutenantCommanderData. tiwx. Eren

Unnamed and Unarmed
    TheLoLChampion, dlamica80, orian34

Pownys
    Brishna , defrb, Stage
    +orian34

Active Parties
    1. 99 shouts of wow
    WhiteSorcerer, Ewemax, Obernoob

2. timebeaner
    timeracers, 3beaner, hagr

3. Raging Strike
    CT5, Inkfingers, Duke Tresnor

4. The Karen/Amy Controversy
    DupleX, bioautomaton, Pawndawan

5. Hamster among us!
    Ciopo, Harels84,HamsterDesTodes, Han Lee

-----------------

Match Schedule

Finals 99 Shouts of wow v Raging Strike Friday, Oct 9th, 19:00 UTC

Karen/Amy Controversy v Raging Strike Saturday, Oct 10th 02:00 UTC
    Finals
    Karen/Amy Controversy v Raging Strike Saturday, Oct 10th 02:00 UTC

Finals
    99 Shouts of wow v Karen/Amy Controversy ???

Last edited: Oct 9, 2015
    Pawndawan and DupleX like this.
  2. WhiteSorcerer

WhiteSorcerer Guild Leader

I'm looking for a team :)

UPDATE: I have one now, thanks

Last edited: Aug 11, 2015
    DunDunDun likes this.
  3. I'm split over how I feel about this tourney.

It's a good-old 3v3 with clearly defined rules, a rough schedule, and everything else that my tiny order-seeking mind loves and craves. But it's going on during my transition to college. As of right now I don't think I will have too much going on that would prevent me from participating, but by then the sign-ups will have closed (and I'm not the type of person who would like to say I can participate and then back out on my team).

I guess I'll have to wait and see. Regardless, I'll be looking forward to watching live matches if I can, the videos if I can't, and some other third thing here so this sentence can (barely) pass the rule of three. =)

Fifjunior7, Pawndawan and DunDunDun like this.
  4. DunDunDun

DunDunDun Thaumaturge

Each team can make two substitutions, and you won't even count toward those if you end up leaving and getting replaced before your team's first match.
    [Or more specifically, they're not penalized so long as they meet their first loadout submission deadline, one day prior to their match.]

I'd say go for it, if you can find a pair up for it :)

5. Oh I read the entire OP on the official thread, so I understand the 2 substitutions rule, but knowing myself, I might make a stupid decision I might regret later if I act too soon, hence my hesitation and mixed feelings about joining the tourney.

6. Obernoob

Obernoob Hydra

I would play with guild colleague White Sorcerer. The proposed setup seems fine, allthough it might be discussed in detail. We dont have to divulge our team until the tournament, right?

DunDunDun likes this.
  7. DunDunDun

DunDunDun Thaumaturge

Edited this thread's OP :)

8. Obernoob

Obernoob Hydra

I am sorry, I still dont get it. May be I did too much logic at university.

9. DunDunDun

DunDunDun Thaumaturge

Could you provide details on what parts you don't understand?

10. Ezio

Ezio Kobold

Hi, DunDunDun, i am Ezio (name on the game) and looking for parties ;)

11. Scarponi

Scarponi Moderator

If it helps to think it through, if you list out your team composition in both race and class, only one word can be repeated (and only one repetition).

So:
    • Elf Wizard, Human Wizard, Dwarf Warrior - "Wizard" is your repetition, no other commonalities exist, this team would be valid.
    • Elf Wizard, Elf Priest, Dwarf Warrior - "Elf" is your repetition, no other commonalities exist, this team would be valid.
    • Elf Wizard, Elf Wizard, Dwarf Warrior - "Elf" and "Wizard" is repeated, the second repetition set makes this team invalid.
    • Elf Wizard, Elf Priest, Elf Warrior - "Elf" is repeated three times, the third repetition makes this team invalid.
    Hope that helps.

DunDunDun and Pawndawan like this.
  12. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

@Jon@Farbs wanna enter together as the BM team? :D

Stexe, DunDunDun, Merdis and 4 others like this.
  13. Obernoob

Obernoob Hydra

It does. Thanks.

DunDunDun likes this.
  14. DunDunDun

DunDunDun Thaumaturge

Well, 8 is the minimum number of teams I need to be able to have more than one match in the finals :p

But somehow I don't think throwing a team ineligible for prizes in would help that, amusing as it would be ;)

15. Holzkopf

Holzkopf Kobold

do we need to register with a teamname?

16. DunDunDun

DunDunDun Thaumaturge

The party leader will register the team with a teamname in the main thread.
    Technically you can register without a teamname, and I can just randomly assign one to you, but you wouldn't be eligible for the 'best named team' special reward, then :)

17. As far as the 1 legendary rule, most people discussing it in world chat seemed to disapprove, stating that it disproportionately hurts wizards. If you're willing to revisit the rule, maybe a poll is in order?

18. DunDunDun

DunDunDun Thaumaturge

I'm not really concerned about how it affects balance [to a point, obviously], the sole reason I included it was to make newer players feel like the tournament was more accessible.

I'm really just concerned about if there are any mechanical issues to worry about, I know a few comments in the other thread mentioned that excluding legendaries altogether was somehow easier to manage?

19. It would be a lot easier to ban legendaries altogether, yes. Imagine if a guy ran 2 Vibrant Pains. You'd only know that he ran 2 if he plays 7 or more Nimble Strikes before emptying his deck. With careful play he could just make it look like lucky draws.

kustaa and majmun like this.
  20. Scarponi

Scarponi Moderator

Personally I like the one legendary allowance. It's nice to be able to bring that one nice shiny with your build. Granted if someone really wanted to they could game the system. But on the other hand, if they do draw more than 6 NSs, now they have only dead cards. In the end I'm not too worried about someone cheating for a few chests, I'd play for the fun of the tourney.

majmun, Obernoob, Pawndawan and 2 others like this.