Smithy- Build your own Items

Discussion in 'Feedback and Suggestions' started by Juxtapostion, May 21, 2015.

1. Scarponi

Scarponi Moderator

Certain cards are restricted to certain slots (this can be seen in the "Slots" column of the cards.csv file). Both Grounding Plates and Heavy Armor are restricted to Heavy/Divine armor slots and thus would likely never be put on robes. Basically my interpretation is if it's really armory armor, it probably doesn't belong on a robe. Another way to think about it, if you can find armor on boots (which are available to all classes) then it can probably go on a robe, if not, and it's not on a robe already, then probably not.

Pawndawan, PDXTai and Flaxative like this.
  2. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

Correct. Also right now we have a 'hidden' restriction for robe design: you can't have an armor card with more than Armor 2 AND Keep on a robe. So Rusty Armor is okay because it's not keep, but you'll notice every Keep armor card on wizards is Armor 2 or less.

(Hidden only insofar as there're actually a lot of design principles not hard-coded into the item spreadsheet.)

3. Juxtapostion

Juxtapostion Hydra

I dont think Frost bolt really belongs on a arcane item. But, I would like to see more cold spells other then Cone of Cold.

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

upload_2015-8-6_11-17-20.png upload_2015-8-6_11-17-20.png upload_2015-8-6_11-17-20.png

[​IMG] upload_2015-8-6_11-17-20.png upload_2015-8-6_11-17-20.png

upload_2015-8-6_11-19-20.png upload_2015-8-6_11-19-20.png upload_2015-8-6_11-19-20.png

You get the idea...

4. Juxtapostion

Juxtapostion Hydra

@Scarponi @Flaxative @everyone
    Yeah I did not think it was a real possibility. It was a dream... literally.

5. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

What kind of damage spells are on arcane items right now? Pretty sure not a whole lot that does more than 1 damage at more than 2 range, excepting maybe Fire spells? Hmm.

6. PDXTai

PDXTai Ogre

It seems odd to me that you can get burning attacks on arcane items, but not electrical attacks. It makes it a lot easier to get more from the firestarter / hot flames traits than the Spark Generator / inductor type traits. Of course the sparky traits give you hard to block.

You don't want to be able to stack too much direct damage on a wiz as you could just load up on damage and fry anything with focus fire. I think you could add Long Spark to arcane items without breaking the balance though.

doog37 likes this.
  7. Juxtapostion

Juxtapostion Hydra

That is exactly my point. Fire gets all the love. I would be much more interested in running a cold wizard if I could get something other then cone of cold. I mean Chilling Rime is only 2 damage. Maybe a Cone of Cold, 2x Chilling Rime item would be more in tune with the current trend.

Or a good idea for a trait would be a frost bite. DoT with encumber. So like Range 6, Damage 1, DoT 1, Encumber 1, Duration 2

Also, I know you have basically said this will never happen, but there is no burst cold spell. There is cone, but no burst.

I understand that you dont want a lot of direct damage coming from arcane items but it would be nice to have versatility. IMO.

I also agree.

PDXTai likes this.
  8. DunDunDun

DunDunDun Thaumaturge

@Electric on Arcane Items

I'm not going to argue against the design specifically, but I'll note, making long range attacks more accessible on arcane items would be beneficial to Elven Wizards, since range is their forte :)

I was using a tiering value system. 0 + 3 + 6 = 9 = Gold.
    Basically, it's valued at gold due to being paper cards to begin with.
    Well, though a single emerald card can be better, it also doesn't have as much block eating.
    So yeah, in terms of actual balance, probably Emerald [especially since Inspired Thinking is Emerald, and by being able to pull 2 better cards, has similar potency.]
    I dunno about more'n that, though.

Be kinda interesting seeing more card-spawning cards..
    Imagine if there was an 'Assail them, Soldier!' card at higher human token tiers that spawned a 4 damage attack card in all allied characters' hands.. :)

PDXTai likes this.
  9. Maniafig

Maniafig Thaumaturge

I've been tinkering with a Human Skill that has multiple Retreats since I like the card but it's hard to come across, but I'm not sure which one would be the most viable to be included.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] - Flexible Flexibility

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] - Unsubtle Flexibility

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] - Bloody Flexibility?

Most Flexibility names seem to be taken.

The first would be Blue token, while the others would be tokenless, though they might be cheesy, I'm not sure. Are there any rules for Human Traits I'm unaware of? Is Retreat limited in quantity for a reason?

doog37 likes this.
  10. "Psycho Gas"; gives "Raging Strike" and/or "Blind Rage" card to everybody within a certain radius.

Tag line: "The gods are bored..." :D

11. DunDunDun

DunDunDun Thaumaturge

Actually not that hard to fit into the game.
    Add it as a mandatory, handicap-marked, trait that affects all line of sight up to 6 squares away, and associate it with an improved version of the Secret of the Gnome Lords boss.
    Bam, you've got a super hilarious card that could spawn via radiation.

doog37 likes this.
  12. doog37

doog37 Hydra

When it comes to card advantage what you describe is a +2. There is nothing else in the game with a net +2. SPR used to be so powerful because it was a net -1 and even that got nerfed. Inspirational Thinking is emerald and it is still only a net +1 (although with the choice to pick 2 of 3 I would say it like +1.33).

From that IMHO the power gained would clearly exceed the Emerald card we have as a comparison and should be at least an Emerald level card... but in all reality would not be a card that would make sense to exist.

I think any card that produces a reliable card advantage should be avoided since it creates a non-trivial advantage that requires neither strategy or good game play. Of course I would also like to see more negative traits that do not cycle, as I am still of the kill, kill, kill school of thought and think that drawbacks should be a net disadvantage, instead often they wind up being a smart way to build (e.g. Squeamish, which I had a whole build set up around).

13. doog37

doog37 Hydra

I would call the 3 Retreats - Reversing Flexibility
    The 2nd Obvious Flexibility
    The 3rd Squishy Flexibility

Maniafig likes this.
  14. Fortaleza

Fortaleza Orc Soldier

Penitence Armor
    Divine Armor LVL 7 (or 1?) Tokenless
    Heavy Armor
    Heavy Armor
    Ill-fitting Armor
    [​IMG] [​IMG][​IMG]

Tag line: "Heavy and uncomfortable..."

So opinions? OP or Balanced (maybe usable) or Sux and you would not Use?

Pawndawan likes this.
  15. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

It's not a divine armor. Pure armor cards is Heavy Armor only.

16. Fortaleza

Fortaleza Orc Soldier

17. Fortaleza

Fortaleza Orc Soldier

Last edited: Aug 9, 2015
  18. Pawndawan

Pawndawan Champion of Cardhuntria

For warriors Heavy Armor is Silver- (5) and for priests Bronze- (2).

Maybe try not to min/max every item. The original Excalipurge is lvl 10 and your Counter-play Rapier is lvl 13. IMHO the Excalipurge is also interesting because it's more focused into purging.

In that account, why not pair 2x Heavy Armor + 1x Bad Luck / 1x Misguided Heal for lvl 4 divine armor? Or Armor Of Faith / Stone Feet if you really want to be tanky?

19. Fortaleza

Fortaleza Orc Soldier

Yeah, 2x Heavy Armor + Stone Feet is not bad too; LVL 7, Tokenless. Now it need a decent name... Sacred Stone Armor ?
    And want to know that 2x Help The Weak + Heavy Armor; LVL 8, Tokenless; is be too OP? 2x Heavy Armor + Help The Weak would be fine?

Last edited: Aug 9, 2015
  20. Pawndawan

Pawndawan Champion of Cardhuntria

Sadinoel's Last Stand (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leonidas_I)
    Yeah, I think it's too strong. Currently there isn't any tokenless items with Help The Weak. I like the lower level versions better.